• 3381 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11819 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Getting muted from party chat?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Goofleh, Aug 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. First things first, I was never expecting this to happen. I am aware of my past so I have been watching my mouth very carefully. Today I was in a party with my friend and said that we would team up with 2 other plays that are pretty good and I said "Oh easy carry you 3 do all the work and ill be base -snip-. Obviously if I said that in a public chat I would just take the blame and not even complain. But this happened in party chat. Which is why, I am a little confused. Multiple other server don't even have a filter in party chat because its private and not many people can see this. Even worse, it was reported, but not by my friend in the party. We were playing cake wars and I had full leather and I killed a level 100 with full enchanted iron and then I said "lol" or something like that and then they said they would report me for being rude. So I didn't even get muted for what I got reported for.

This is pretty annoying because I basically got muted for 28 days because of something I said privately to my friend.

Is it even worth appealing or do I give up on mineplex

Posted Aug 13, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Aug 18, 2019
  2. Appealing is really the only way to reslove your issue, unless you want to wait the 28 days until the mute is lifted.

Posted Aug 13, 2019
  3. Hey, So yes, this was in party chat but it's still bypassing the chat filter. So It's basically like saying that in normal chat, and you're still going to get punished according to your actions and what you bypassed. I recommend appealing your mute at https://www.mineplex.com/myappeals/ Or waiting for the 28-day punishment.

-Evenity

Posted Aug 13, 2019
  4. Hey buddy,

I’m not sure if this is still the case but I think staff members can read party chat. Perhaps someone was in your game and they read what you wrote, resulting in your punishment. The best way to find out what you are actually punished for is to type /ph to check your punishment history. There should be a little explanation on your most recent punishments if you hover over it.

Either way, I’d recommend you do appeal your punishment, because you never now the outcome! It might be really positive and your mute may be lifted if you spend time on your appeal. You can appeal [mineplex.com/appeals]here[/url]. Read the Appeals Guide first before creating your appeal. Best of luck!

Posted Aug 13, 2019
  5. I've been playing mineplex since early 2013. I bought Ultra when it was the only rank. I've been here from the start and they never fail to amaze me at how **** the server can get. Theres so many reasons that the server is dying and now I cant even peacfully type to my friend in a private chat. I'll try appealing but I won't be dissapointed if it gets rejected. Will I wait 28 days? No absolutely not. I'll go on a half *** decent server that listens to the community.

Anyways thanks for your help guys.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 13, 2019
  6. It sounds kind of silly I know, but the rules apply to everything, even in private chat. You can use /ph to figure out what got you muted and to possibly make an appeal at https://www.mineplex.com/appeals

Posted Aug 13, 2019
  7. Hello! Bypassing the filter is still not allowed in any type of chat. Since it was party chat, there’s no way that saying “lol” would get you muted for general rudeness. So sorry, but someone in the party had to report you for bypassing the filter.

And if you feel like your punishment was unjust, you can always appeal at mineplex.com/appeal.

Hope this helped. :)

Posted Aug 13, 2019
    • General Rudeness Severity 1
    I got muted for bypassing filter but I know ******* well my friend didn't report me because we were the only two in the party. Also when you report someone, a gui comes up and the option is "chat abuse", there are no sub options, are there?

I've been on this ******* excuse of a server for 5 years and it's not even hard to see all the problems of why it's dying. Terrible rules, full of hackers with an anti cheat they can't even have work remotely well, bugs in tons of games. Mineplex isn't just the same. They get rid of all the og games and make rip off"s of -snip- and they aren't even a one up they just are much more buggy. For a server that was once the first to reach 40k and become this is pretty amazing. Ownership must of left because this is truly a dissapointment. I'm honestly sad that i've spent 1416 hours on this server and I used to appreciate it and enjoy it. But what the **** is this and now all the trainee tryhards are gonna come here and tell me to appeal. Honestly, you could do so much better things with your life than try and get a rank on a block game that doesn't pay you anything. You could get a real job

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 14, 2019
  8. The staff team can't read party chat, and I highly doubt that would ever be introduced. In the same way, we cannot read private messages either. The report function(that being on the forums or in-game) only provides staff members with exactly what the reporter sees. If you take a screenshot then you've given permission to the staff member to access these logs/this information, which is why we reserve the right to punish from it. It works the same way for /report, the only thing the staff member sees is what the reporter sees, because that's the only person there that has given permission for their chat to be viewable to staff members.

What I'd think happened here is your friend reported someone for chat abuse, which in result exposed the party chat between you and your friend, @Goofleh. Under our current guidelines as staff members, that's something we punish for, since like @CreepBro06 said, bypassing the filter isn't allowed no matter where. Whether that should be changed or not is a whole another discussion, but I don't think it's fair to explode on the "Trainee Tryhards" because of this.

Posted Aug 14, 2019
    CreepBro06 likes this.
  9. Our chat rules apply to the entire network, no matter which chat you are speaking in. Sure, we miss offenses sometimes when you are speaking in a private chat, like party chat, and you aren't reported for it. If we don't witness it or have it report to us, we can't do anything about it and it will go unpunished. However, the issue comes when you are reported for it and we're presented with evidence that shows you have broken the rules. We are required to punish in that case and not neglect the offense. At the end of the day, you shouldn't need to break any rules. There's just no reason to need to bypass the filter to swear like this case. There are much more appropriate words that you can use instead and we aren't going to tolerate breaking the rules just because your friends don't mind if you do it or not.

You can not successfully appeal a fair punishment, such as this one, unless the punishment is longer than 30 days. In this case, there isn't a possibility of being unpunished since it is considered a fair punishment.

I'll lock this thread since your concern has been addressed. Let me know if you have any further concerns about this situation.

Thread Locked

Posted Aug 18, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.