• 301 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4515 Players Online
  • 4214 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Get rid of the Ender Pearl cooldown.

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Tranquil1ty, Jun 23, 2020.

1. I cannot tell you HOW MANY TIMES I've jumped into the void chasing someone who has been running for 90% of the game, only to die because of the stupid cooldown after throwing a pearl. If runners abuse a lack of a cooldown, cool, they run out of pearls faster and it speeds up the endgame. Having the cooldown just prolongs games due to stupid running passive players and no cooldown will lead to faster, more action-packed games.

Posted Jun 23, 2020
  2. Not really, no cooldown just enables them to run a looooot. With the cooldown all you have to do is wait for them to throw and then throw a little ahead of them so they are forced to fight or tank a few hits and run on foot.

Posted Jun 23, 2020
    8zb, Truthhs, Fall and 3 others like this.
  3. Hey there!
    Sure, no cooldown would allow for abusers to run out of pearls faster, but I don't think that's a good thing. Having the pearl cooldown allows for more skillful gameplay and rationing of your items rather than stocking up and using constantly. Even with your proposed effect of running out faster, the player can just stock up on even more ender pearls than need before, altering the economy and need for other items emeralds are used for. All in all, I see no issue with the cooldown and think that it requires the players to be more skillful and aggressive when fighting.

Posted Jun 23, 2020,
    Last edited Jun 23, 2020
  4. You could most likely glitch abuse if you were able to pearl spam at all, and even if there is a slight cool down it would make running more annoying than ever. If someone has 16 pearls and you have 4, it's going to take a while to get them to run out, even if there is no pearl cooldown. They can escape from you in certain situations where they wouldn't be able to normally. In other words, it would most likely help them more than it would help you.

Posted Jun 23, 2020
  5. Heyo,

I would have to disagree with this change. Players can stack pearls all game so the "running out of pearls faster" argument doesn't always apply. On top of that it really isn't needed, everyone has the pearl cooldown so nobody has a real advantage. I feel this would delay games more than speed them up, we don't want games to last longer than intended. The only real positive of this is people won't be accidentally jumping off because they are still on cooldown.

Overall, before you pearl, remember to always check your cooldown, and I feel this really won't be an issue.

Posted Jun 23, 2020
    0775 likes this.
  6. Removing a cooldown on the ender pearl may change how Skywars is played completely. I see your point, however, I agree with Crazay on this one.

Posted Jun 23, 2020
  7. Hellloooo

I remember playing Cake Wars before they introduced the pearl cool down. The flaw with no cool down was that you could just spam pearls when you fell into the void which would just make it near impossible to kill someone; they could pearl to the side of the island, then to the bridge over to mid, and then pearl onto a structure on their island or mid, it was just too easy to get away with falling into the void.

With no pearl cool down I also found that you could run for a long time, you just had to stack up pearls and anytime a player would get close all you had to do was just pearl away again and again, it stalled the game way too long which at times just ruined the fun.

Pearls are also very useful in pvp, you just have to pearl behind someone and you can get extra hits as well as start a combo. If there were no pearl cool down you could just spam them and win every fight.

I get the convenience of no pearl cool down but it just ruins the game from my perspective.

:))

Posted Jun 23, 2020
    JAKE/// likes this.
  8. No cooldown lets the user run for a nearly endless amount of time as long as they have emeralds (and i think it's quite easy to get them.)

However i agree, the cooldown is a bit annoying, but it's so the game's balanced.

Perhaps a shortening of the cooldown?

Posted Jun 24, 2020
  9. im not sure weather I agree or dissagree with this post. On one hand, when missing a pearl, you can easily throw another one or maybe if you throw a pearl and it hits the side of a island and you fall it sort of gives you a second chance to live. However, I think my final opinion would be a no. This would be incredibly annoying for the chasing opponent as they can farm pearls at the end of the game and then pearl forever.

Posted Jun 25, 2020