• 1738 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6106 Players Online
  • 4368 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

General Discussion About Content Creation!

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Luxford, Apr 19, 2019.

?

Why do you view a persons Content creation?

1. Content!

15 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. Personality!

14 vote(s)
    77.8%
  3. Giveaways!

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  4. Quality!

12 vote(s)
    66.7%
  5. I Can Play with Them!

8 vote(s)
    44.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hiya! As some of you may or may not know, I'm a twitch streamer with a passion with Mineplex burning inside me. I play almost everyday, in an MPS with all of my viewers. To me, streaming is a hobby and a fun thing to do, but at times it CAN get boring. I want to ask people who are unbiased (people who haven't watched Mineplex content creators before) what they look for when viewing a video or stream from one of us. To us, Mineplex is our home and I want to continue trying to help Mineplex grow. A couple of other questions I want to ask you guys is: are there any suggestions to make the content creators more noticeable? What can we do to as creators to influence you to our content? Are there any changes that should be made to the creator ranks? What can Mineplex do to help us grow and prosper (and in turn, help grow and prosper the server)? I would like to make a google doc or something to compile ideas and whatnot so I can send this in to the CCC (Content Creation Council [I think])

Posted Apr 19, 2019
    Nicoleish and StephenCries like this.
  2. Hey!

So I've only seen about 5 minutes of one of your streams before I had to go off and do something else so I would consider myself as unbiased.

What I personally look for in a content creator here on Mineplex is a wide variety of games and personalized challenges within those games. If you want an example of what I mean, I mean the type of stuff Parker_Games used to do back when he was MineplexOfficial. I used to ADORE his content and I still watch them old videos from time to time because they've stuck in my memory. I enjoyed the ones he did on Survival Games the most.

I like a lot of talking and interaction with the people who are in the stream/video. I understand for streams this can be extremely difficult to do considering it's live and the creator has to be concentrating on the game; but I think it's better when there's just a lot of talking. I like people who talk a lot. If you're in an MPS with your viewers you should talk to them via the stream because 1) it would encourage them to watch the stream, 2) it would make the stream a bit more interesting and 3) it'd be more personal than a message in the chat I guess. I know what I mean haha.

You don't apply to this because from what I've seen your content is very high quality but in my opinion people NEED to have good quality audio recording devices and high quality screen recorders. I can't sit there and watch something that's just a bunch of fuzziness. Sound quality would have to be the most important thing I guess though.

As for what Mineplex can do, I guess they can advertise when their official Streamer/YT/YouTube partners actually put some content out. Maybe they can put it on Facebook and Twitter, make an account to then post it on the forums. Orrrrr maybe they can do what they used to do for Parker and have little tab at the side of the Home Page to see all of the recent things from content creators. Have one bit for streamers who are currently streaming, have one bit for YTs who've put out recent content and have one bit for YouTubes who have put out recent content. Note: all content would only be Mineplex content though. I don't know much about how the Social Media team and subteams work, but the creator should inform them when they are about to/have put up recent Mineplex content in order for them to add it to the tab. I really hope that made some sense lol.

I'm not sure how much of an answer I actually inputted to your question but I hope it's enough haha.

Posted Apr 19, 2019
  3. @StephenTries I'm going to be sure to look into doing personal challenges along with group challenges as well! I really appreciate your input! I really like the idea of the tabs on the side! I think that would be amazing! Thanks again for your input!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 19, 2019
    StephenCries likes this.
  4. I watch it for all of those things, but the giveaway is just an added bonus. Congrats on Streamer rank! I like watching a content creator for their personality and the quality of their content. I don't like to watch PewDiePie's sponsored videos. They just aren't quality content.

Posted Apr 19, 2019
  5. For me, it's a mix of content, personality, and quality. For the most part, I have to like the content, and by content, I assume you mean what the content creator is actually doing. For instance, a Minecraft YouTuber plays Minecraft, so Minecraft would be the content. Personality is important too. There are a lot of people who make the same sort of content but have such vastly different personalities that watching one is a completely different experience than watching another. And quality, of course, matters. I don't want the person I'm watching to make content poorly or amateurishly.

Usually I don't care about playing with content creators or entering their giveaways. Both are just sort of unreasonable the higher you go up the food chain.

Posted Apr 19, 2019
  6. Hey there!

I'm really glad you've reached out to Mineplex's community seeking input on the content you create. I consider myself unbiased as someone who doesn't frequently watch very many streams, so my suggestions will come mostly as a player and a community member and much less as a content consumer. From what I've gathered from responses to your post prior to my own, equipment isn't an issue with your content, so I'll be forgoing that category entirely.

First of all, when I'm looking for a streamer or a YouTuber, I tend to gravitate towards people who seem genuinely excited about and invested in what they're producing content on-- though it already seems like you're checking this box. People come to content to be entertained, and I really want to watch someone who can get me as pumped up and involved in their game as they are. In terms of your content quality as a person first, I would say just do your best to be an upbeat, energetic, excited, and all-around good and enjoyable person as you can be, and you'll attract viewers just based on your personality.

You asked what Mineplex can do to help you all as creators, which to me seems like a very important question that I'm surprised hasn't been asked before (or at least very frequently). The relationship that Mineplex has with its creators is mutually beneficial and it feels like the network could do so much more to capitalize on it to get the word out about their robust roster of games. Mineplex could coordinate with Content Creators to plan unique gamemodes and other creator-only content that could be played in junction with standard Mineplex gamemodes; it would draw attention to both the creators uploaded content and their presence on the servers.

However, these are just some thoughts of mine. I, for one, would be much more inclined as a player to participate in both watching & playing in conjunction with a livestreamer if it provided unique playing experiences beyond the existing controls within MPSs.

Posted Apr 19, 2019
  7. Biased Section:

I know my answer is biased, but I feel I have story to tell. [ I check-marked every box on the poll. Didn't read your part talking about it before I answered the poll, whoops. ]When I first joined your stream last year, it was because I had seen your advert in a lobby when I was online. However, unlike many other mps' I joined, I stayed in yours because 1. I was a giveaway hunter at the time [ what can I say, I like stuff :) ]; 2. I really enjoyed the types of games you played and being able to play with along with you. You also paid special attention to making everyone feel very welcomed; you still do that in your everyday streams. 3. I loved the active, fun, and caring community that was there with you. All the co-hosts and regular players were really enjoying themselves, and everyone was having a blast in the discord. The nostalgia hits me hard thinking about that one. 4. To me, your streams and viewership weren't your main focus. You wanted to have fun with the community, and we sure had a lot of that. Every stream, you always had so much energy, smiled, laughed, read the chat, played hard [ in some games ], and your dedication rose to create both a growing community and a community.

Now when I join a stream, it's no longer about giveaways, it's not about feeling forced to be there [ when I was first staff for you, I felt like I needed to be there. However, I agree with you, family first. ] It's about wanting to make sure everyone has a safe, fun, happy, family-friendly experience while watching your stream. Even though sometimes I'm not talking in chat, I'm like Gwen, "I'm always watching." <3

Non-Biased Section:

Now, for my non-biased answer. [ Imagining if I were a random and joining a content creator's stream for the first time. ] If I were to join a content creator's stream here on Mineplex, I would be expecting quite a bit from the streamer. I would only watch if the streamer was having fun, if they had a lot of energy, if they were actively talking with chat, had active staff in chat to make sure everyone is following the streamer's rules, had a discord/TeamSpeak to hang out and chill, played with the community, and treated everyone with respect. I don't require it to be family-friendly, but it doesn't effect me negatively if it is. I also don't require every stream for the streamer to be actively trying to play with the community, per say in a mps or party, but I would only stay if they did this, maybe every other stream. One stream, maybe they would play with random people or people who snipe into their lobbies, playing the games they want to on Mineplex. The next stream, I would want them to have a community day, using a mps or a party to hang out and chill, play some games, and have a fun time here on Mineplex.

Hope this helps <3
    #LuxfordPengu

Posted Apr 19, 2019
  8. It's for sure personality, I don't watch a lot of YouTube content but I know I'd watch the streamers I watch play any game. I specifically watch them to see people play new games I didn't know existed.

Posted Apr 19, 2019