• 103 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3394 Players Online
  • 3291 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Java General Bug Fix & Developer Update (8/4/2021)

Discussion in 'Update Changelogs' started by DeanTM, Aug 4, 2021.

1. image.png
    Hello everyone! I am extremely excited to announce a long awaited update. If you weren't aware yet, @Timmi6790 has recently joined the Mineplex team as our new Java Edition developer! Being an already amazing member of the QA team I have no doubt that he will do great as a developer as well, please wish him luck in this new role. Lucky for us though, Timmi has already been hard at work over the past little while fixing some pesky bugs and long-standing issues. The changelog for this, along with some other general development updates will be listed below. We really do apologize for the lack of updates Java Edition has received over the last several months but hope to make it up to you by bringing you quite a few in the near future, thank you for your patience!​

Backend updates
    We are currently in the process of updating some of our backend systems. Without going into too much technical talk, these updates should improve our servers stability and reliability as well as give us more options to do some cool stuff. As you might imagine a project like this requires quite some time. However, hopefully you will be able to see some improvements related to server performance in the future!

Version Support
    As some, if not most of you are aware, Mineplex's version support currently is not the best. Especially players playing the later versions of Minecraft can experience some quirky block issues or silly bugs, sometimes even making our games unplayable for them. Fear not! We are completely redoing how we handle version support. Not only will this improve our current situation, it will also make it MUCH easier for us to add support for newer versions as they are released. A win for us and therefore you guys as well!

Clans
    A topic a lot of players are passionate about is Clans. I am personally aware you guys have been promised a new season for quite a while now and I must ask you to hold on for just that bit longer if you can. Our dev team is still working on it and the build team is currently hard at work to make an entirely new map with new... well basically everything! The wait is long and I know promises haven't been kept, that is why I will not make a new promise today. Just know that a new clans season is imminent and you will be able to play it SOONtm.

General Bug Fix Update
    I've mentioned it in the introduction and I will say it again: Timmi has already worked hard to deliver a bug fix update to you as fast as possible and it is live on the server right now! Below you will find a complete changelog. As always you are free to let us know your thoughts and mention any issues in the thread below. Thanks for reading and I hope to be back with another update post very very soon!

General Changes
    • The /kit command now has a cooldown of 500ms
    Bug Fixes
    Bacon Brawl:
    • Fixed invincibility when hitting self while using Mama Piggles kit
    • The Pig kit's Cloak no longer removes you from the tab list
    Evolution:
    • Evolving no longer removes you from the tab list
    One In The Quiver:
    • Players are no longer removed from the tab list when using the Ninja ability
    Sneaky Assassins:
    • Using the Smokebomb item no longer removes you from the tab list
    Block Hunt:
    • Fixed the bug where killing 10 hiders gives you the Hunter Killer achievement
    • You can now use fireworks/meow on interact-able blocks
    • Solid block hitboxes are no longer shown
    • Fixed various ESP hack issues
    • Fixed gadgets being able to be used as a morphing item
    • Using the Instant Hider Smokebomb item no longer removes you from the tab list
    Skywars:
    • Fixed picking up two TNT only counting as one towards TNT Hoarder achievement
    • The Sky Legend kit no longer breaks flowers during the start of game animation
    Champions:
    • Fixed the glitch allowing infinite Skill Tokens
    • Fixed stampede disabling when you take null fall damage (break fall)
    • Using evade no longer removes you from the tab list
    Super Smash Mobs:
    • The Magma Cube Flame Dash no longer removes you from the tab list
    Cosmetics:
    • The Penguin Morph no longer breaks flowers
    • The Penguin & Winter Princess morph armor stands are no longer shown
    • Fixed the Advent Calendar win effect showing vanished staff members
    • Re-added the World Edit diamond sword name
    • Fixed the last block in Connect 4 counting as a draw
    • Fixed a bug with Freedom Aura particles
    • Added Steyr Aug Torque, M4A4 Howl, and P2000 Elemental to the Minestrike chest loot-pool
    QOL Changes
    • When you're no longer in the game, your name is now crossed out on the scoreboard in Alien Invasion and Dragon Escape

Attached Files:

Posted Aug 4, 2021,
    Last edited Aug 4, 2021
  2. Glad to see some new bug changes happening and I hope some more java updates happen soon!

Posted Aug 4, 2021
  3. Hmmm, I'd be interested to hear more, maybe a thread at some point with more technical detail?

Posted Aug 4, 2021
    BlondieBrook, 90k, Toxcity and 5 others like this.
  4. blok hunt

Posted Aug 4, 2021
    rray, Jaek and nathan. like this.
  5. looking forward to more of these in the future

Posted Aug 4, 2021
    CookieBilly likes this.
  6. Thank you, Dean(trademark).

Posted Aug 4, 2021
    maevestarbaby and incerts like this.
  7. Love to see a java update pushed out so soon, even if it's just minor bug fixes. They are long overdue. I hope to see more of these soon!

Posted Aug 4, 2021
  8. Wow, finally some updates :D
    I hope this is a trend that continues for the future (because no updates make me sad :()
    Good work on the bug fixes and changes!

Posted Aug 4, 2021
    20LeeBrian1 likes this.
  9. love to see it :D

Posted Aug 4, 2021
  10. I always love to see some bug fixes, and updates in general. Can’t wait to see what comes next and all the future bug fix and eventually content updates Java will get!

Posted Aug 4, 2021
  11. Nice to see a developer update, been awhile hasn't it?

Posted Aug 4, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.
  12. It's great to see a new Java update, it has definitely been a long time. Congrats to @Timmi6790 on Dev, glad to have some new developers for Java.

Posted Aug 4, 2021
  13. Thank you for putting this to action Timmi, we do appreciate it :)

Posted Aug 4, 2021
    CookieBilly likes this.
  14. Wooo! Happy Java is getting some love ^-^

Posted Aug 5, 2021
  15. We love to see it

Posted Aug 5, 2021
    20LeeBrian1 likes this.
  16. Woohoo, congrats to Timmy and its great to see an update on Java edition. Hope to see more in the future.

Posted Aug 5, 2021
  17. Congratz timmi! Hope to see some cool stuff :)

Posted Aug 5, 2021
  18. Loving it!
    Also congratulations Timmi!

Posted Aug 5, 2021
  19. Glad to have you here Timmi!

Posted Aug 5, 2021
  20. Very nice to see updates on the horizon

Posted Aug 5, 2021