• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12288 Players Online
  • 9398 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Implemented Gems To Shards Conversions

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Jason_Stott, Aug 20, 2019.

?

Should we, the players, be able to convert Gems to Shards?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So let me start by stating the obvious: You play a game, and earn both Gems and Treasure Shards. The Gems can only (To my knowledge) be used to unlock kits to different games. The shards can only really be used to purchase chests.
    Now sooner or later, players will get to the same position I am in: You feel like you have just too many Gems and not enough shards. So here, we come to the point of this post: Why not add a conversion from Gems to Shards and Shards to Gems?

Posted Aug 20, 2019
    ItsFree likes this.
  2. I totally agree with this! People come up to me asking if Mineplex could add this feature. Even I feel like I have too much gems and really can’t spend anything with it. Also, you can buy certain cosmetics with shards. It would be totally amazing if we could covert gems to shards and back. Everyone always runs out of shards (unless you are saving them). In my opinion, people love shards way more then gems. Shards give you cosmetics that people love to use everyday. I do understand that gems buy you kits, but if you buy all the kits you like or want, then what? I definitely give this a +1!

Posted Aug 21, 2019
    Animalll and Jason_Stott like this.
  3. Hey there!

I have to give this a +1 because I agree with @ItsFree/Daejoi with the unnecessary gems. I currently have over 250,000 Gems right now (which isn't very much) and I have absolutely no use for them. It'd be really cool to convert Gems to Shards as it'll give some players another way to get cosmetics much easier. I usually find myself struggling to get to even just a Mythical Chest without having to grind out so many games. Right now the only way to get shards is by grinding out games and claiming daily rewards. I'm all in favor of this idea.

Have a great rest of your day!

-JYTG

:mineplex:

Posted Aug 21, 2019
  4. Definitely yes! I have 953,307 gems lying around that I can't use since there's nothing else that I can use it to buy. Of course, if Mineplex doesn't want to make gem-to-shard conversion in favour of shard currency, I'd understand. But at least sell something that I can spend it on. Maybe a cool, full set of cosmetic (particle, jump particle, arrow particle, death animation etc.) that costs 1,000,000 gems?

Posted Aug 21, 2019
  5. This is defiantly a good idea, for people who bought everything with their gems and can't do anything with them it's annoying just to have them adding up with nothing to do with them.

Posted Aug 21, 2019
  6. While I do agree that this idea is an interesting one, and that I would like to do something with my couple of million gems I have lying around, this violates the Mojang EULA.

Mineplex has both a "soft" and a "hard" currency. Soft currencies are obtainable in-game, and have no real-world value. In this case, Mineplex's soft currency is gems, because they cannot be converted to anything of real-world value. Shards, however; are a hard currency. This means that they have a real world value, and they can be either directly or indirectly converted to something that is worth real money. Since chests, and other cosmetics can be purchased with both shards and real money, Treasure Shards are considered a hard currency.

In accordance with Mojang's EULA, "you may not sell soft currency for hard currency, neither separately or along with ranks as a single or recurring payout". Unfortunately, this means that gems cannot be converted to shards, as they have no monetary value, while shards do.

However, I would suggest another change, similar to the one Evira mentioned previously -- a set of cosmetics that are purchasable with gems. This would circumvent the currency exchange requirement, and would allow for gems to have another use. Perhaps a new type of chest purchasable only with gems, or something similar.

Regardless, I like the idea, it just needs to be approached in a different way. Have a lovely day!

Posted Aug 21, 2019
    awaitable, noln, Jason_Stott and 6 others like this.
  7. Thread moved to General Idea Discussion
    Thread locked > Idea denied

This idea was previously suggested before, and it was denied due to the violation of EULA. You cannot convert from gems to shards. If we allow this, we could get into serious trouble. Boomerzap gave his response above, and I'll have to agree with his post. Unfortunately, with that being said, I'll have to deny this idea. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Other than that, great idea you have! Keep up the great work!

Posted Aug 21, 2019
    noln likes this.
  8. Posted Jul 12, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.