• 348 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 348 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Gems and XPB Problems.

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Asteiph, Oct 26, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Hello,

Gems:
    >
    Having excessive amounts of gems has always been a problem to all the players who played Mineplex a lot ever since the old times. Although, many players have more than a million gems, they don't have many options to spend gems on. Buying kits have always been the only option to spend gems on, but kits are limited, so players can buy all of them and still have a lot of gems. Mineplex team has always been trying to find ways to eliminate this problem. Later on, Mineplex had decided to add Gem Fountain where players could spend a certain amount of gems for weekly special gamemodes (OP games). But they had removed it after sometime had passed since the players were losing interest and some other reasons which could be found Here. Then as years pass, Mineplex team had added more options to spend gems on. They have added Communities which players could deposit gems into the Community's bank. They can purchase MCS (Mineplex Community Server) upgrades such as (Increase MCS Slots and Unlock All Kits). or MCS Themes such as (Wild West and Candyland). These 2 are the only options to spend gems on in any community. Furthermore, communities can only be hosted by the Leader or Co-Leaders of the community. That still doesn't eliminate the gems problem. Then when they have added the Immortal rank. They added a perk which players can convert Gems to Shards at a reduced rate. It can be purchased in the Immortal shop for 35k Immortal points. That was the best option added to help in the elimination of this problem. However, it doesn't fully eliminate the problem. Furthermore, it's only available to players that are subscribed to Immortal, whereas some people can't afford subscribing to it.

So, in this suggestion. I will try suggesting some solutions to help the elimination of these problems.

Colorful Levels:
    >
    It would be amazing to be able to purchase a colorful level that varies between several colors like Here. They would have their own shop. Each colorful level would cost 10k gems or more.

Cosmetics:
    >
    It would be awesome to see new/special cosmetics that can be purchased using gems. For example (Particles, Taunts, Win effects and Sword names or even titles). Some could be limited to only gems which would be the special cosmetics or new cosmetics that can be found normally in treasure chests and can be purchased with gems as well. The amount of gems needed to buy them depends on the quality of the cosmetic. Also buying some special titles that are only purchased with gems would be awesome. I have seen that it becomes boring since all cosmetics only depend on Shards which a person would need to spend excessive amounts of Shards and still won't be able to unlock all of the cosmetics. Adding gems as well will help in unlocking cosmetics easier. Furthermore, unlocking all the cosmetics would be impossible since there were only one time cosmetics that can be no longer obtained now. So, adding a way to be able to purchase those one time cosmetics with huge quantities of gems would help a lot of people to strive more into collecting gems to be able to buy the old cosmetics they wished for. Could be 100k or less gems each item depending on the quality.

MPS:
    >
    As it's probably known, MPS themes are only limited to MCS that can only be purchased in the community with the community's bank. I thought it would be better if they are also for MPS and are purchasable using gems. It will make all MPS owners to have a fancy MPS themes. They could be a purchasable seasonal themes.The cost could be 150k gems each theme or a different cost.
    The option to purchase more player slots in the MPS using gems would also be useful for many players. For every extra 10 slots you would spend more than 30k gems. This will help players who want to add more slots to their MPS since the maximum slots at the moment are 40 player slots. The price could increase every time the person buys 10 slots. For example: (I bought my first 10 slots for 30k gems, my next 10 slots would cost 40k, etc...).
    There could be certain old gamemodes that can be purchased for the MPS using gems or new gamemodes that are added to the network could still be purchasable. <- (This suggestion is probably out of question)

There could be a shop for gems exactly as the Immortal shop one. There would be everything said above to make things easier besides cosmetics since they already have their own place.

XP Boosters:
    >
    Only Immortals can obtain them through their monthly Immortal rewards. They are really helpful when it comes to leveling. However, when the person is already level 100. They're already out of use for the person. So, I'm suggesting that there should be a way that makes the person be able to gift it to anyone using /gift xpboost <player>. This way, the player will be able to benefit someone else instead of storing them whilst not being able to use them. They could also be able to exchange each XP boost for 10k+ shards. This would benefit the owner of this XP boost if he/she decided to use it for self benefit. This way would help players to get rid of the XP boosts that are no longer beneficial to them.

Thanks for reading the entire suggestion. I'm trying to help the network to overcome these problems since there were players complaining about them as far as I know.
    All thanks to the people who had helped me with it: @Haguenator_5 @cheqts @Xukuwu @hkq <3

Posted Oct 26, 2020,
    Last edited Oct 27, 2020
  2. At least AlexTheCoder has 1 billion gems.

Posted Oct 26, 2020
    Asteiph likes this.
  3. Hello fellow Mineplexian!

I pretty much agree with everything you listed down here, but I do have to disagree with the level colors because I feel like it would make the chat messy.

Other than that, this list is awesome :D

Posted Oct 26, 2020
    Asteiph and StyxKiller03 like this.
  4. I am against this. Level coloring is one of the great perks you get when you hit certain XP milestones. Being able to purchase them for very cheap, and with gems, is not acceptable. Noting that players have lots of gems and just the idea of selling them in general isn't really great. -1.

I'm neutral for this idea. I think MPS player caps are fine, and don't really need extending. But, if you want to host an event of your own or tournament, this may be helpful. I would think however, by adding this, it would affect the connectivity of the MPS, and make your gameplay slower, unless you're using a mod like Lunar or Badlion. I'll put my score as 0, because I don't think it's a priority Production should use dev resources on, but it wouldn't hurt to add it in.

This is what caught my eye. Level 100s no longer have use for their XP Boosters once they achieve the highest level, but they could aim to get high XP. By adding this command, XP Boosters will not go to waste, and can go to a player who will actually use it for good use. +1.

Overall, I'll give this thread a +0.5, due to my insight on every topic you've mentioned. Anyways, thanks for taking the time to write this thread up! Have a great day, and stay safe! :)

Posted Oct 27, 2020
  5. Hi! I have to agree, I wouldn’t mind seeing more ways to use gems. I like quite a few of the ideas you suggested! I hope to see something like this added eventually, thanks for suggesting this :)

Posted Oct 27, 2020
    cheqts and Asteiph like this.
  6. Hey, I like the idea of having more methods for donating gems, especially the idea of a gem shop being separate to the immortal shop to purchase more cosmetics. Custom coloured levels should be available only to level 100s in my opinion, but using custom colours should still cost gems to give them more of a premium feel. Thanks for the idea and I hope to see something along these lines be implemented soon!

Posted Oct 27, 2020
    Asteiph likes this.
  7. I beg to differ. I use my xp boosters for more xp milestones. Top XP Global for this year are all level 100s who are grinding out more xp after level 100.

Buying XP Boosters with shards and gems is no just absolutely not.

Posted Oct 27, 2020
    Asteiph likes this.
  8. I understand that there are some level 100 players who grind for more xp to have the top global xp for the year. However that doesn't make every level 100 player compete in that. Reaching level 100 would be sufficient for them.
    Furthermore, I haven't suggested the option to be able to buy xp boosters for gems or shards. I'm simply saying that there would be 2 options. First is to be able to gift them to players and the second one is to be able to sell them to the system for some shards.
    With these 2 options they wouldn't affect your xp grinding journey as they offer you 3 options to choose from (Grind, gift or sell to the system).
    I hope this clears the misunderstanding.
    Thanks for taking your time to read this suggestion and giving feedback! :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 27, 2020,
    Last edited Oct 27, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  9. Thanks everyone for your awesome feedback! :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 27, 2020