• 358 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6569 Players Online
  • 6211 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Gathering random intel

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Cabob, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Actually, I can say because it has a huge hitbox IG is bad. I did previously and I'll do it again right now; the big hitbox makes the kit bad. The only argument I've seen for why IG is not bad is that some players that have mastered the kit are good with it- but that can be said of any kit, and I stand by my previous claim that it takes a pro IG to even compete with a mediocre player using pretty much any other kit. The kit also has bad matchups with a majority of kits imo- Melee kits tend to out damage or out hit IG cause of its huge hit box, ranged kits have the easiest hitbox to aim at and can pretty much never get touched unless you are super good at iron hook, and pretty much all kits can easily hit an ig off the edge and edge guard with a knockback ability. I've played 752 games of ssm ( which is minuscule compared to a lot of you but still enough I feel to know the game), and I have only lost to an IG once in all those games (and that IG was hiding the entire game and cleaned me at one life).

Posted Mar 1, 2019
  2. I challenge you to fight my IG then

Posted Mar 1, 2019
    pzazz likes this.
  3. I'm down

Posted Mar 1, 2019
    pzazz likes this.
  4. make the mps then and ill get on

Posted Mar 1, 2019
  5. its up /server PapiKirito-1

Posted Mar 1, 2019
  6. I'm going to set it straight that no kit is bad as it all depends on the player using the kit. Yaaa some kits tend to be easier to master than others, but all can be mastered and for that reason; someone who has mastered the skeletal horse kit, for example, can easily beat a mediocre creeper. This applies to all kits in general. However, I won't just come in here without giving some sort of answer, if I was forced to choose I'd say it's zombie kit.

Posted Mar 1, 2019
  7. He destroyed me but I still maintain that its because I'm trash at the game and not IG xd

Posted Mar 1, 2019
  8. nonono. the "no kit is bad" doesn't even make sense. that is indirectly saying ssm is perfectly balanced. how? because usually if a kit is good or bad is comparative, meaning relative to other kits. if ssm had 2 kits, one was objectively better than the other (Say, no abilities, kit A has 6 melee damage, kit B has 5 melee damage, everything else is the same) you cant say neither of the kits are bad, its comparative, which means kit a is good, kit b is bad. im curious, furthermore than why ig is the worst kit, on why ZOMBIE is the worst kit. it literally cant be. you cant tell me "oh, its hard to use" you dont really take how easy/hard it is to use a kit into how good it is. zombie is one of the best kits, it does 13 damage per shot, meaning you dont even need to risk anything (unlike a melee-orientated character who risks getting hit) and you can do 13 damage PER SHOT. dont underestimate how good 13 damage is, it hurts. a lot.

Posted Mar 1, 2019
  9. zOMBIE?!!!?!?!? see msg above
    I completely disagree tbh. A kit isn't 'good' if someone has mastered it, the player is just 'good' at playing it.

Posted Mar 1, 2019
    account and SpitefulNick like this.
  10. Reading through this, I kept thinking that people had really wierd opinions, then I realized that I was about to get woooshed lol
    --- Post updated ---
    I main zombie when I do play. IG is probably the worst or magma cube but if you make it work good 4 u.

Posted Mar 1, 2019
  11. i think squid is extremely underrated.. ink gun does a fair amount of damage, fish flurry does large amounts of damage (even though it's easy to evade, you can still use it to your advantage) and its movement ability makes it unhittable, so you can't boop it off when it's coming back up the map. squid doesn't have the largest hitbox or the worst armour, and i'd say that overall it's a pretty decent kit. it's kinda bad compared to some other kits, but it's definitely not as horrible as everyone makes it out to be.

if we're talking about the worst kit though, i'd have to go with chicken, simply because it dies too quickly. no matter how much damage it does or how good its recovery is, just one explosion or wool mine can do insane amounts of health. zombie's arrows can end it instantly, and a giant magma cube can kill it in 4/5 hits, despite people also seeing magma as a bad kit.

Posted Mar 1, 2019
  12. Well stating the obvious, chicken and magma aren't viable no matter what some "pro chicken mains" that I've 4 stocked with snowman say.

But also I'd say skeletal horse isn't very viable from what I've seen. It's bone rush bone kick combo is very easy to predict, it has long cooldowns on its abilities, no long ranged options, massive melee hitbox, and can even be comboed while using bone rush. It's combo is powerful but if you miss it you will have problems.

Also snowman I'd say MIGHT be viable especially against melee based kits but it certainly isn't against a decent zombie or skeleton and I say this as a snowman main myself.

Posted Mar 1, 2019
  13. Hi!

Honestly, in my opinion, it depends more on player skill than it does the kit. I don’t play SSM that overly much, but I do know that practice makes perfect. I’ve learned from other games that if you find a playstyle with abilities you like, and learn how to properly use those abilities, you’re going to succeed. So honestly, even whatever kit might have the weakest abilities could still win games when controlled by the right player.

Posted Mar 2, 2019
  14. You don't know what you are talking about. This thread is refering to kits that aren't viable at the competitive level. Sure, a decent chicken or magma player can beat noobs and average players but they won't be able to beat someone who is just as skilled as them that are using a different kit 9 times out of 10. They will proabaly lose more games even against average ssm players. You have 0 wins and 5 losses so are in no position to post here. Come back here when you've actually won a game or two

Posted Mar 2, 2019
  15. i would say skeleton horse is viable. just because a certain combo is predictable doesnt mean theres always something you can do about it. what is a kit like pig or snowman or witch gonna do? skeleton horse's *****ush + melee can out damage all of them, and thats without the bonekick. theres more kits that have a bit more to do, like squid, but then it just ends up being a 50/50 if the skeleton horse decides to bait the super squid out or not. also on top of how easy the kit is to use, id definitely say its a viable, decent kit.

Posted Mar 2, 2019
  16. It's a battle between Chicken, Magma and Squid, but I think Magma takes the cake. The only good part of the kit is it's great mobility, which is good for annoying people, and not much else. Sure, you CAN abuse the invisibility of Flame Dash for a free melee hit or maybe two, but it's blegh attack stat won't do it any favors.

Squid at least has workable stats and Chicken can potentially do a lot of damage with eggs and missiles, but Magma Cube is nothing more to me than a kit you can use to bore opponents to death.

Posted Mar 4, 2019
  17. Honestly, I find chicken to be pretty unreliable. If you're going to fight, you're almost strictly restricted to projectiles. The low amounts of armor make chicken weaker in combat situations since you can't really survive many hits. This also tends to result in more running, which isn't always very fun. Overall, I don't find chicken to be the most viable kit, but that's just my opinion! :)

Posted Mar 4, 2019
  18. Honestly i’d say wither skeleton needs a buff. Its smash especially needs a buff as i’d typcailly survive against a wither smash even when the wither’s attacking me the whole time, it definitely needs a damage buff. The kit itself could use a damage or armor buff as well. And i hardly see anyone good play wither skele.

Posted Mar 4, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  19. yeah guys, buff smash crystals! who cares about actual kit abilities and stats, smash crystals need buffs!

Posted Mar 4, 2019
  20. Snowman and pig win the matchup against skeletal horse.

Snowman does massive melee damage and can do more damage to a skeleton horse during the bone rush then the horse does to them. And when the horse uses up its abilities it is basically dead.

Pig has bouncy bacon which is a problem for skeleton horse as it has no ranged abilities so when it uses up bone rush it is hard to approach pig and even if it does the pig can regen with bouncy bacon, use baby bacon bombs and when it gets low it becomes even more powerful. The skeletal horse has to find a way to knock it off the map while it's in pig form or simply out melee it even though the horse has a massive melee hitbox.

Now skeletal horse does beat witch but that is mainly because witch has a terrible recovery that can easily be canceled.

Skeletal horse does terribly against powerful melee kits like golem and cow, can't match the speed of spider or wolf, gets out ranged by skeleton and zombie, its overall a sub par kit with its only good matchups against witch, magma, and chicken and maybe villager. Magma and chicken may be worse but I don't think skeletal horse is very viable against a highly skilled player.

Posted Mar 5, 2019