• 2077 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4656 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Game of the Month

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Liqhts, Jan 25, 2020.

?

Should Mineplex have a “Game of the Month”

1. Yes

93.3%
  2. No

6.7%
  1. I think that every month one game should be featured as “Game of the Month.” The game that’s featured would give double XP/Shards/Gems. Whatever game is picked, would be near the center of every lobby and somewhere on the top of the game compass. I think this would be really beneficial to games that aren’t very popular (Some of the arcade games.) It could also help bring a new player base to whatever game is featured.

Posted Jan 25, 2020
  2. Thread moved to General Ideas Section

I honestly don't mind the sound of this idea. I'm quite open to it, and it seems like a way to encourage players to play games that fill up less often. I like your idea of allocating it a special location in the lobby, as well as a place in the compass, so that it's visible to players that there is a 'game of the month' currently occurring. I think that games like Cake Wars have high player counts due to the rewards that it gives, so giving other games rewards that match those of games like Cake Wars could be a great way to give players an incentive to play them. The only part of this idea that I would have to disagree on would be the duration of the length. I personally think that one month is way too long, and instead this should be shortened to a week, or two weeks at most, with the games rotating after the time period expires. Overall, I love the concept of this idea and would support it if it was added.

Posted Jan 25, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  3. It is a simple concept, but the truth is that the consequences of making one game constantly more desirable for rewards than others could be fatal for many smaller games, outweighing the benefits of making these periodically featured. Constant double rewards would also have a negative impact on the economy similar to what A51 did. It could work by having these games featured for a week or two instead of a full month, but it's still difficult to balance the positive and negative impact.

However, just shedding light on a game with a some sort of "spotlight", desirably with a small update for the game, would be beneficial especially for less popular Arcade games that have the potential to addict. In fact, now that I look at it, only the rewards would be an issue, and I'm sure there's a way to make them different from just enabling double XP.

Posted Jan 25, 2020
  4. Hey!

You have a unique idea and I'm kind of on the fence with it. I think that encouraging too many players to play one game could be detrimental to the server, as other games will barely fill up leaving their player base bored with nothing to play. Plus, this will go on for an entire month which I personally feel is way too long. For example, if a game that you heavily dislike and find very tedious is game of the month it will give a very unfair advantage to the players that like the game, as it would give them extra rewards for a whole month while you get standard rewards. I think it would be more reasonable to have it go on for a week so that all games get a fair chance of being in the spotlight. I'm going to give this idea a +0.5, thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Jan 25, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  5. I really like this idea. I think it would be beneficial if less popular games were featured so that people could check them out, maybe bringing the popularity for that game up more. However, I think it should maybe be "Game of the Week" as a month just sounds too long.

+1

Posted Jan 25, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  6. I like this idea as well! It would be nice to see small games getting more attention. There are many games that I'd like to play, but it's simply not enough players to start the game, so I often search for another game. Adding this feature "Game of The Month" would be a nice solution to this, and it would increase the number of players to certain games.

However, I agree with @lotix. "The Game Of The Month" seems a little too long. "The Game of The Week" would be better so it wouldn't take such a long time until a new game would get attention. A whole month with double XP, shards, and gems seem overwhelming. Also, maybe it could be one "Game Of the Week" every 2 weeks, so it wouldn't be that easy to
    level up. Maybe less.

Overall, I like the main concept, and with some changes, this could be a good idea! I'll give this a +0.5!

Posted Jan 25, 2020
    xGetRektedx and lotix like this.
  7. This would probably bring a lot of benefits to the server because it's a way to make sure that a game is played enough. +1 from me :)

Posted Jan 25, 2020
  8. Yes, please add this. Everybody would want to play the games Mineplex used to have. +1

Posted Jan 25, 2020
  9. Hello,

I believe this would be a great addition to both Bedrock and Java, and would definitely like to see this added. Although, as @Dan1el and @lotix stated, a “Game of The Month” would be too long, and a “Game of The Week” would work better. I think players should be able to vote for whatever game they like the best, and that game should be nominated to take the place of the “Game of The Week” and there should be extra bonuses of that game.

I don’t think the OP was suggesting that Mineplex bring back games that they used to have, rather that it was a current game that would be chosen as the “Game of The Month” however, this would be an interesting feature added, but there would be some complications regarding that.
    Overall, I would love to see his added as the “Game of The Week” rather than “Game of The Month”. Thanks for suggesting this!

Posted Jan 25, 2020
    Wulfo likes this.
  10. I like this idea and I think the game of the month could possibly be a removed game. There are some games that were removed because of player count but people still love those games. If the games that were low on player count received a double XP bonus it would encourage people to play them. If not removed games I think there could be a poll that is voted on in Carl the Creeper to decide.

Posted Jan 25, 2020
  11. I think this is an interesting idea. I can see both positives and negatives. It can highlight games with a smaller community and encourage people to try different games. However, like Thenorn said having constant double rewards can mess with the economy. Maybe if it was less frequent and shorter like one week of the month instead of one month long or one week long each week.

Posted Jan 25, 2020
  12. Hello!

I like the overall sound of this idea, but in my opinion it could get in the way of the amplifier system. Which would create a hassle to try to fix in the future.

However, I do see how this could bring more attention to games that are not played a lot by the players, and could get them to play the games that never get attention like individual arcade games. I really do not see how this could get by with the amplifier system. Could amplifiers still be used or not during these games? So unless this is determined I don’t really know how I feel about this idea completely. If the developers are okay, and can come up with a solution for this. Then I am all for it. I do agree that the games could be archived games from the past to give it a little more excitement sometimes. I also believe and agree with this being a game of the week instead of month to focus on getting players in these games, and we wouldn’t want too much time to give to a game because then it won’t be played as much as it could.

Overall, I do see how it could bring players to games that don’t really get played often. However, if this game were to give extra shards and gems to players. A way to keep in mind the amplifier system would be vital to this idea. For now I will be giving this idea a +0. Thanks for suggesting!

Posted Jan 26, 2020
  13. While it does have some things that I am slightly in the middle about, I overall think that this idea would generally not be bad.

I think that a favorite game of the month would be nice, but maybe not to the point of like amplified rewards. Maybe more towards themed lobbies/perks/weapon names or something like tournaments for that game instead. I feel like if we buff actual rewards of the games then like @Thenorn pointed out, we will risk losing lots of people as they can't play their favourite games.

Also, this risks lots of different games not being picked and rather just one game being picked every single month which might not work as well as we originally want it to work. Because of these confusions, I will just leave my rating as neutral.

Posted Jan 26, 2020
    ScarletBlood37 and xGetRektedx like this.
  14. I really, really like this idea. Although, I'd suggest having the game highlight be less than a month. This only leaves 12 games to be highlighted for the entire year. Maybe something like a weekly game highlight could be more sufficient. Highlighting a certain game for a certain period of time will definitely increase the amount of players actually playing games. It will also open players up to playing games that they don't normally play. I agree with Thenorn that the rewards shouldn't be boosted as you've originally suggested. I'm also really liking Oscaros' suggestion of having themed elements for highlighted games as well as tournaments. I think that it would really boost the competitive spirit that a lot of games foster and ultimately lead to a positive game experience for everybody involved.

+0.5

edit: rating.

Posted Jan 26, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  15. I've seen this idea in the past and I am in full support of it. It would be really great to highlight those games that aren't as popular. Even if it was temporary, it would still revive the game for a bit. Some comments above mentioned that it would mess with the economy. Even though the economy right now is pretty messed up, we wouldn't want to make it worse, so if we were to have a game of the month, instead of having those bonus rewards active for a whole month, maybe it could be just for 1-2 weeks. It would still be the game of the month but the bonuses will last 1-2 weeks.

Posted Jan 28, 2020
  16. I think that’s a great idea.

Posted Jan 28, 2020
  17. Hey! This is a mix for me. Personally, I like your idea if the game didn't have double XP because like already mentioned it can mess up the server economy (Shards, Levels, Gems). However, I do think some new people would play games that are smaller and not the "big" games. Instead of a month maybe for a week or a couple of days or maybe on weekends? I also think this might be able to bring people towards the server more. Therefore, increasing the player count. But, this can cause other games to become smaller because everyone is playing the double XP game. So, it's a mix for me. Personally, with a few changes I've already mentioned, I would like to see this added in the future.

Posted Jan 29, 2020
  18. What it’s say +1

Posted Jan 29, 2020
  19. I love the concept of this idea! This implementation can be used to revive dying games like Champions or Mixed Arcade games that nobody really plays anymore. Players will be like "okay, I really want to grind this game now so I can reach level x faster," so I think this is a wise method to potentially bring back lacking communities. Others have said that temporary games like A51 was counterproductive but that is because it is for limited time only. We may never have that game ever again so I would actually much rather it to reward deuce so players are intrigued to play while it is there. The good outweighs the bad, this idea can still be improved drastically.

Make it game of the week rather than month. If a game is boosted for that long, other communities may start to recede because everyone else is too eager to grind the double xp games. They will just rise and rise until every other game just gets the bare minimum amount of players to start.

Is there a likelihood of a certain game being picked? Tinier game communities should have a higher probably of being the game of the month compared to powerhouses like Cake Wars or Survival Games. As you stated before, this idea is meant to revive dispelling player bases so it should focus on games under such category.

+0.5

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted Jan 29, 2020
  20. Hey gamer luhquites,

I'm gonna agree and disagree with you here. I think there should certainly be an incentive for players to get out and try new games, but I don't know if a game of the month feature is really the way to go. Like others have previously said, the game of the month is a very long time. That's 12 games a month, and I feel as if it wouldn't as much attention after the second or third month really. The rewards such as double exp/gems/shards are a really good touch to it, but I think that's something that should be further explored and up to the players.

My idea is for it to be a weekend thing. During the week, players can donate into a bank (like the gem fountain) and however many gems are donated, it can decide if players get double exp, gems, or shards, or all three really. If enough gems are donated, all three could even be tripled. But with this system, it needs to be a different game each weekend. I think a system of rotation of alphabetical order would work, but I wouldn't mind seeing the lowest played game of that week getting chosen. I prefer this system more because it leaves more up to the player base, and it would be a way for people to spend their gems. This system also allows players to explore the lower played options and possibly get rewards for it. The only issue I see with it is if the lowest game gets chosen then it could be the same game over and over, but I doubt that due to it having the rewards for the weekend.

A different option I'd like to see is a "join a random game" feature that is on bedrock currently. I think this would be great for people that are bored and don't know what to play. The only change I'd like to see implemented towards it would be if you stay in the lobby of the random game, your rewards could be doubled. If you keep leaving and rejoining the lobby to get a game that you like for the double rewards, you won't get the doubled. If you stay in the lobby, the number of rewards for just you could go up, depending on your performance in that game as well to make sure you aren't just afking for the rewards. This is certainly something to think about, and I might make a more in-depth thread on it in the future. Overall, a great idea and I'd really love to see something like this be implemented in the future.

Posted Jan 29, 2020
    ScarletBlood37 and _Prof_ like this.