• 863 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8991 Players Online
  • 8128 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Game Insights - Cake Wars Proposal :)

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Fallen, Apr 4, 2021.

1. [​IMG]

What's up, everyone!

Since its inception, Bedrock GI has been focused on providing meaningful change & suggestions to games on the bedrock network. Today we're coming to you with a revised & re-balanced document created by our team for the smash hit Cake Wars game mode. If you would like to help participate in future discussions about the Bedrock Network & even contribute to one of these documents, send me a forums DM and I can get you an invitation to the Game Insights discord. Without further ado, here's what we've got for you.

General:
    • Separate regular and duo cake wars in stats so that both are tracked separately.
    • Look into adding win streaks
    • Add a timer until cake rot at 5 minutes, 2 minutes, 1 minute, 30 seconds, 5 seconds
    • Add a noise (similar to Java) when capturing/captured emerald beacons.
    • Add a message to show an emerald island is being captured before it gets fully captured.
    • Change the emerald island chat message from “Red has captured an Emerald Island!!” to “Red has captured the Blue-Green Beacon”.
    • Change the noise for when your cake is eaten from anvil ding to the wither death sound.
    • Add a dragon sound for when enemy cakes are eaten.
    • Add a message in chat to display when the kill is a final elimination.
    • Increase all game rewards.
    • Add a noise of someone eating when cake bites are taken (range based, just a normal cake eating sound, currently there is none)
    • Add the number of resources on the generator to a hologram that disappears for all players when someone gets within about a block of the hologram (is on the generator)
    Gameplay:
    • 2 Direct Hits from Polly to Break Obsidian
    • Make sure to factor in Blast-Proof glass to this calculation
    • Emerald capture time to 4.0s.
    • Change lapis to light blue dye
    • Disallow opening other team chests unless that team's cake is eaten.
    • When all team members die, take the contents of their enderchests and place them in unbreakable shulkers at the player spawn points, shulker colour being their team colour.
    • You can’t buy an armour piece of equal or lower calibre to the one you are currently wearing. But you can buy a sword/tool again
    • Put resources (not blocks, just resources) held by opponents who get fully eliminated into the killer's inventory. If the killer's inventory is full, the items should be dropped to the ground.
    • If a player logs out without being hit within 20 seconds of their cake being eaten, the kill should go to whoever ate the cake.
    • Since there is no reconnect, if a player disconnects before the cake is eaten or without anyone going after them, their bricks, emeralds, and nether stars would drop on the generators
    Shops Changes:
    • Decrease arrow price 12 → 9
    • Add clay blocks, 8 clay blocks for 6 bricks
    • Add “Blast-Proof Glass”, 8 glass for 5 bricks, the glass is explosion-proof from Polly the Sheep
    • Change obsidian price from 8 → 10
    • Decrease Polly The Sheep price 10 → 8
    • Add Tracking Compass for the price of 10 emeralds
    • Change TNT Trap from 15 → 10
    • Introduce “Bear Trap” that gives players slowness and blindness within a 4 block radius of enemy cakes for 10 emeralds
    • Change the number of stars needed for power to 8 stars, 12 for power 2.
    • Add a new upgrade called “Healing Station”, which gives regeneration around your cake. Regeneration 1 for 5 blocks around your cake, 8 nether stars. Regeneration 1 for 8 blocks around your cake, 12 nether stars.
    • Re-organize the Shops according to the following flow chart -> (CLICK HERE)
    Kit Changes:

Builder
    • Clay does not regenerate
    • Give 1 wool block every 4 seconds, max of 32.
    • Give 1 deploy platform every 10 seconds, max of 5.
    Warrior
    • Remove the 1 second of regeneration.
    • Change the 1 second of strength to 3 seconds.
    • Give players 1.5 hearts per kill.
    Archer:
    • Increase the max amount of arrows 2 → 4.
    • Add in a perk for when a wool block is shot by a full charge shot, wool blocks are broken.
    Sweet Tooth (New Kit):
    • Give 1 piece of sugar every 15 seconds, max of 3.
    • When players tap or throw the sugar, players receive speed 1 for 6 seconds.
    • 10 Second cooldown after speed ends, can’t use again while currently using
    • Passive of when killing players, they recieve 3 seconds of regeneration 1.
    Cake Islands:
    • Add a noise to indicate a Cake Island has spawned.
    • Change the Cake Island message from “A new floating island has spawned!” to “A new island has spawned! Find it and claim the loot quickly!”
    • Change how many items can spawn in a chest from 1 to 2 items
    • No duplicate items
    • Change the number of ender pearls found from 1 to RNG(1-3).
    • Change the golden pickaxe to be an efficiency 3 golden pickaxe named “Miner’s Blessing” with 10 durability.
    • Change the number of nether stars from 4 to 3-5.
    • Introduce feather falling 3 diamond boots to the loot pool
    • Make a change where people can equip armor to override their current armor, but not remove.
    • Introduce Polly The Sheep Egg with an amount of 1 to the loot pool.
    • Infinity 1 bow with 50 durability.
    • Reduce how far you can see the text after opening the cake island chest.
    • Introduce unenchanted diamond helmet to the cake island loot pool.
    • Introduce unenchanted diamond leggings to the ^ loot pool.
    • Introduce unenchanted diamond chestplate to the cake island loot pool.
    • Potions: Drinking these potions would instantly apply the effect (you dont have to drink it)
      • Regen 1 (0:08 seconds)
      • Instant Health 1
      • Resistance 1 Custom Potion (0:10)
      • Speed 1 (0:15)
    • SG-Style Throwing TNT
      • Not like Bomb-Lobbers, very short radius
      • Does not break blocks, only deals damage & slight KB
      • Used to force people to break off fights as an example
      • Make sure there’s a hissing sound to know it’s there
    Map Changes:
    • Implement all Cake Wars Regular and Duos maps ready to be pushed
    • Remove all flowery items on the side of islands for ease of bridging
    New Content Ideas:
    • Bedrock Health Bar: Show the current health of players in hearts as a second line under their name. For reference, this is what it looks like on Java -> (CLICK HERE)
    • On player eliminations, transfer their special items such as Golden Apples, Bricks, Emeralds, Runes of Holding, etc. to the inventory of the player who killed them. If their inventory is full, only then should they be dropped on the ground (currently it says to put in a chest on the doc?)
    • Barrier Blocks inside the NPCs to prevent people from hiding in them
    • Change the Cake Island to a Cake themed island
    • Corruption Mechanic
      • When Cake Rot happens, start corrupting the land slowly
      • In a square, like in Skywars, turn blocks into a mixture of Netherrack soul sand, and nether brick, adding fire on top to a very small (like 0.5%) number of blocks. Base center off the middle beacon’s X, Y location
      • If you are on corrupted land, you take damage
      • Title Screen & chat message at cake rot to warn players of corruption coming in
      • Entities (Polly/NPCs) in corruption should be removed
        In the last say, 30%, when people are in a generally small area around the middle beacon, start removing play placed blocks above and below the Y location of the beacon, moving in semi-quickly.
      • Stop remove at the Y level 15 blocks above the beacon, 10 blocks below
      • If people are in an area outside of the Y level allowed, spawn bats around, deal damage to them every second until they return to the playable area, play a sound, and put a chat + title message saying “The bats are attacking you for camping” or something
    • New Player/Cake Count UI in Action Bar -> (CLICK HERE)
    • Change team indicator with NEW UI SYSTEM from a Square to a Circle for the person that has the middle captured
    • 15 second warmup before you can eat cakes
    • Custom Pictures for the Cake Wars Modes (Talk to Media Team)
    • Add sound when a cake is eaten, display which team at the cake in the message
    • Cake Rising Animation from Castle Defence when the game starts (should take 15 seconds and finish when Cake Eating is enabled)
    • (Cosmetic Idea, not Game Related) New Cosmetic Type (NPC Skin)
      • Ability to change the NPCs on your end (client-based) to the selection of your choice of Mob
      • Default is Villager, new ones unlocked via shards or chests perhaps
      • Maybe even selling a marketplace pack of them
    • New Game Description: Defend your cake, eat the enemies cake, control the beacons for more resources, last team standing wins.
    Additional thanks to @ForevrrFury for his contributions whilst on the team and @zapig as well as @rilau for volunteering their feedback during our last meeting!

Posted Apr 4, 2021,
    Last edited Apr 4, 2021
    WowCaleb, Luis2143, whalker and 14 others like this.
  2. To edit to something substantial soontm

Posted Apr 4, 2021
    Orangey, rilau and Fallen like this.
  3. I approve this message

Posted Apr 4, 2021
    rilau and Fallen like this.
  4. I wanna be a butterfly... But like- an hour before it bursts out of its cocoon. Just a fulling grown butterfly chilling in its cocoon not having to worry about life. That would be kinda epic, not going to lie.

Anyways, thanks for posting! Awesome proposal

Posted Apr 4, 2021
    Pogchamp 300000 and Fallen like this.
  5. Carrots :eyes:

Posted Apr 4, 2021
  6. WOW THIS IS A STRONG MESSAGE!!!!!

very wow great proposal

Posted Apr 4, 2021
  7. Personally I'd like to be a red velvet cupcake I think @BaconAnEggs can agree w/ me that would be a sweet existence pun intended. Thanks for the feedback!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 4, 2021
    rilau, zapig and BaconAnEggs like this.
  8. Cannot wait for this, glad to be a part of that call, and also *whispers* carrots...

Posted Apr 4, 2021
    Fallen likes this.
  9. I approve this message

(Carrots)

Posted Apr 4, 2021
    Fallen and zapig like this.
  10. amazingness!11!!!1!
    also RIP dap may he continue out his mission :pray:

Posted Apr 4, 2021
    Fallen, zapig, BaconAnEggs and 2 others like this.
  11. Looking forward to what people have to say! Had a lot of fun helping to come up with this and I hope y'all enjoy!

I do agree, red velvet cupcakes are soooo good ;-;

Posted Apr 5, 2021
    Fallen, zapig and rilau like this.
  12. Amazing update proposal! The thing is, stats for all Cake Wars modes are already separated since Winter event when Solo CW was in rotation. I see that the game is staying simple by removing wood and axes, which is good. I like the new changes and features introduced in the thread especially a few of my suggestions making it to the doc. If dark blue is being changed to light blue for Blue team, then is Pink team getting the correct color too?

Posted Apr 5, 2021,
    Last edited Apr 5, 2021
  13. genuinely seems like an extravagant idea :D hope it fairs well with the community, I'm quite excited to see the response

Posted Apr 5, 2021
    Fallen likes this.
  14. I'm not late I swear.
    But EYYYYYY

CAKE WARS UPDATE PROPOSAL

Posted Apr 5, 2021
    Fallen likes this.
  15. coming in 2022

Posted Apr 5, 2021
    Fallen and Jet Starglaze like this.
  16. lol same as stats, heres some post though the years where they said "coming soon" or "its planned":
    will add 2022 when the time comes

Posted Apr 5, 2021
    Midoriya and Jet Starglaze like this.
  17. Things change every year, so other than just looking at the fact things were said back then, the fact it didn’t happen in past years means nothing for whether or not it will happen today, tomorrow, next month or next year.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 6, 2021
  18. Anything involving minecraft is slow, many game devs and programmers said that the Mojang team is the slowest and laziest they ever seen any game creators so minecaft players are use to it

Posted Apr 6, 2021
    Jet Starglaze likes this.
  19. By clay does not regenerate, do you mean that you start with 16 at the start of the game but it doesn't regenerate and if you die you lose it, or do you mean that there is no clay at all?
    Can estimates be given as to the damage that these deal?
    That may be confusing for some players.
    So does that mean that I can't protect my cake until after 15 seconds in to the game?
    Excited to bow spleef some people :)

overall, nice document!

Posted Apr 6, 2021
    Jet Starglaze likes this.
  20. As someone who plays a lot of cake wars, I feel like buffing archer kit, adding the corruption mechanic, and adding blast proof glass are really bad for the game. For one, archer kit can be extremely frustrating as a single player who has to 1v2 players a lot, it ruins most methods of splitting up a team, and when I do play with friends we make it a rule to not use it. For two, the corruption mechanic is another mechanic that’s makes it difficult as an above average solo player. If I kill every team and wind up at the last team and they both have full Diamond and obby I usually just run around killing them over and over again until their cake auto rots, then I stock up on resources and force them to come to me before I pick them off. This would be very difficult to do if being at my island would kill me. And last, having two different counters for Polly the sheep doesn’t sound like a very good idea. Especially since I naturally 1v2 and when a team is turtling the best method that I find is to force them to chase me then place a Polly and if they don’t kill it then they deserve to get their cake eaten. Blast proof glass would make it very very difficult, and would promote camping even more. Other than these few issues I think everything else is great and I would love to see them in game

Posted Apr 6, 2021