• 558 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11162 Players Online
  • 10604 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Game Insights - Block Hunt Proposal :)

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by Fallen, Feb 15, 2021.

?

Would you like to be informed of future documents & take part in discussion to help shape Bedrock?

1. Yes (Reply to this thread with your IGN & Discord Tag)

73.7%
  2. No (Carry on, Soldier)

26.3%
  1. [​IMG]

Greetings to my Game Insights enthusiasts, shifty hiders and cheeseburger fans (hunters are evil). Today I've compiled my first thread as the Bedrock Game Insights Lead, and I'm proud to share with you the collective works of our team— especially @Cheezeburgerfan, thanks to his dedication and hard work in compiling this document. This update will contain numerous gameplay changes, kit changes, as well as making the game more interesting for both blocks and hunters. Of course, If you'd like to read the document rather than the forum thread, that can be found here!

That being said, here's what I've got for you!

General Changes:
    • Disallow players from moving items in their inventory
    • Put hiders into adventure mode to prevent block glitching and map exploiting in general
    • Put the current block indicator in the 4th hotbar slot for hiders
    • Introduce 'Meow' taunt to 5th slot for hiders, where players who use this let out a meow sound that earns .25 gems per use. Cooldown of 5 seconds.
    • Introduce 'Firework' taunt to 6th slot for hiders, where players who use this ignite a firework and receive 2 gems each time. Cooldown of 15 seconds, max 5 uses.
    • Introduce border damage that kills players instantly for exiting the map (on maps where datapoints exist)
    • Fix an issue where Oak Doors & Oak Trapdoors are unopenable (all other doors are)
    • Disallow changing kits at the last second (fix an issue with bug exploiting hiders that have hunter kits)
    • Have a noise play when hunters attack hiders, similar to Java's 'meow' sound
    • Prevent TNT on the map from exploding due to hunter TNT
    • Decrease projectile knockback received for hunters by 50% of current
    • Disable all particle cosmetics except Death Effect particles in BH
    • Display a title message "You have been moved to the hunter team" when the game forcibly balances by moving hunters to hiders team
    • Add a custom pedestal to the pre-game lobby to showcase all the blocks hiders can disguise as, with a hologram message explaining it. Proof of concept: https://i.imgur.com/vlaj3kp.png
    Kit Changes:
    • Purge cheeseburger from GI

Instant Hider

• Give feather falling 2 leather boots.

Shocking Hider

• Decrease the amount of time hunter is shocked by 25%.
    • Add a 5-second delay between shocks.

Leaper Hunter

• Make leap ability more horizontal directionally, less vertical.

TNT Hunter

• Make TNT be able to kill hiders.
    • Add a 2-second cooldown for throwing TNT to prevent throwing 2 at a time.

Radar Hunter

• Reduce the tracking range to match Java.
    Gameplay Changes:
    • Add /kill (alias /suicide) command for hunters to respawn back at the spawn point
    • Give both hunters & hiders the ability to break tall grass, flowers, and sugarcane
    Map Changes:
    • Purge BaconAnEggs from GI

Map Additions

• Cookie Town- Port current version of the map from Java.
    • Desert village- Port current version of the map from Java.
    • Eclipse town- Port current version of the map from Java.
    • Frozen outpost- Port current version of the map from Java.
    • Mesa village- Port current version of the map from Java.
    • Pirate island- Port current version of the map from Java.
    • Riverwood- Port the current version of the map from Java.
    • Treasure cavern- Port current version of the map from Java.
    • Museum - Port the current version of the map from Java.
    • Shadowed Amazon - Port the current version of the map from Java.
    • The market (Old version) - Port version of the map from Java.
    • Plexville - Port the current version of the map from Java.
    • Lylinore Forest - Port the current version of the map from Java.
    • Hidden Fields - Port the current version of the map from Java.

Map Removals

• Remove Confined
    • Remove Vineyard Mills

Map Changes

• Fix or remove paintings on all maps
    This document was compiled by Game Insights, gathered through community feedback and previous iterations of documents. It is now semi-finalized, moving into its final Game Insights meeting to confirm and 'wrap up' before being placed on ready to be produced whenever the time comes.

Regards,
    Isaac

Posted Feb 15, 2021,
    Last edited Feb 15, 2021
    Jylie, Dad, WilierSaucer495 and 10 others like this.
  2. :happyt3:

Posted Feb 15, 2021
  3. ~ Fixed formatting

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 15, 2021
  4. Gonna add a few things; hidden fields I believe was updated and will be getting released. So have the updated version of that. I think the new market should be ported as well instead of the old one. Radar hunter, add a music disc that changes color as you get closer to hiders (for people without sound). I forget the colors + order it will go in but I believe it’s in the java update proposal.

“5 second delay between shocks”
    Explain for me what this means

Inventory sorting for hider should be:
    1- Axe
    2-Bow
    4-Smileball (morph)
    5-meow
    6-firework
    9-block/animal currently morphed as

add me to gi? :eyes:

Posted Feb 15, 2021
    WilierSaucer495 likes this.
  5. Fantastic idea!

Between initiating shocks on different players

Nevah (be active in GI discord ;))

OP OP
  6. We probably will not be able to get the new version of hidden fields, It just depends on whether joshuart can get it ported over or not.
    Can you explain more why you think the newer version would be better for bedrock?
    A music disc changing color is too subtle, if the color system is in the action bar it will be more noticeable.

Edit: I guess this would be fine as long as it's not replacing the color indicator in the action bar.
    Its basically a 5 second cooldown on the shock ability to prevent hiders from constantly shocking a hunter and killing them easily. Once a hider uses the shock ability they can't use it again for 5 seconds, so their hits during that 5 second period will not shock the hunter.
    Sounds good to me, i'll add it to the document.
    [​IMG]

Posted Feb 15, 2021,
    Last edited Feb 15, 2021
  7. Even though I don't play Block Hunt, those are good changes. But I got a question. What does the red highlighted feature mean in the document?

Posted Feb 15, 2021
    Gil-galad likes this.
  8. No I disagree with shocker cool down that’s going to completely kill the kit if there’s a cooldown

Posted Feb 15, 2021
  9. Contentious, These were excluded from this post

OP OP
    IWantACookiieee likes this.
  10. Sound like some really nice changes!

IGN: ReJoPlays9501

Discord: ReJoPlays9501#4271

Posted Feb 15, 2021
    Fallen likes this.
  11. [​IMG]

Invited you and got my account disabled. Lol. Hope you got in though!

OP OP
    asfhjjsnx782$e and ReJo like this.
  12. Not at all. The kit will still be very useful for slowing down and disorienting hunters when running away, this change just prevents the hunters from being overwhelmed by the shock ability and easily killed.

Posted Feb 15, 2021
    Fallen likes this.
  13. Good thing you have a million discord accounts.

Posted Feb 15, 2021
    Fallen likes this.
  14. Two. And stay strong my friend, you are category lead-less for the next few days... Bring the news to our people :willy:

OP OP
    Cheezeburgerfan likes this.
  15. Yes it easily will, chickens arent hard to hit and most bh player won’t be good at pvp. Hunters have other options like to use their bow. This is essentially bootleg instant hider

Posted Feb 15, 2021
  16. Yes, I made it in. Thank you!

Posted Feb 15, 2021
    Fallen likes this.
  17. Putting people in adventure so they don’t block glitch? Well are they gonna fix the map flaws also? The 1x2 holes you can fall into and get stuck first? And you need to block glitch to get out

Posted Feb 16, 2021
  18. Most map flaws should be getting fixed. There are still minor ones.

Posted Feb 16, 2021
  19. I like the delay on the shocker kit. As annoying as the change might be for hiders, it's definitely more fair to the hunters. I don't think the duration of the shocks should be decreased though, and that is coming from someone to primarily plays hunter.

Fixing TNT so it doesn't explode from TNT thrown by a hunter is kind of take or leave in my opinion. I never found a problem with it but I suppose I wouldn't hate if it was gone either. It's decently useful atm without being overwhelming though and that's one of those if-its-not-broke-why-fix-it situations in my mind.

I also wouldn't want to remove the arrow effect particles. People are capable of turning them of if they don't want them on. As a hider, I use my arrow particle effect to mislead hunters and slip away from them. Although, I suppose the firework taunt would replace that effect, so that change out might not be too bad, but I'm overall against it taking away arrow particles.

Love the idea of a noise when hunters attack hiders, assuming this means a sound plays at every connecting hit with a melee weapon. That is something I've been wanting, so yay!

I don't think the tracking range of the radar should be decreased at all, unless it is going to be a horizontal decrease alone and not a vertical one. This is just a personal preference, really, but the radar is super useful in a vertical sense. I'd be curious to know what the new radius would be.

I don't see any problem with the way leap works now, so I'm not really sure why the change on leap to being more horizontal than vertical is being considered. It seems as though you can sort of angle yourself to do either now?

Additionally: I would like to see a message that displays when a hider has been killed, either letting you know who killed them or at least that they were killed, as a hider dying while being chased by a large group of hunters often leads to one person getting the kill and everyone else roaming around lost and uncertain if the hider is even still alive.

And just to add to the comment Flute made, I think having something that is easily visible and changes colors as you get closer to a hider while holding the radar would be very useful for people with hearing impairments and who play with their sound muted or music on. My suggestion for this would be a bar, rather than an item that is located in the hotbar, and preferably closer to the top of the screen, that would be easy to watch while running around. Something that might look like a battery life bar and can flicker or "bounce" between red, yellow and green.

Posted Feb 16, 2021
  20. Yeah, i'm kind of inclined to agree with you about not decreasing the duration of the shocks since its such a small change and probably won't make much of a difference, i'll probably remove that. The cooldown is the important part.
    As a hider, arrow particles are annoying for me since it can give away my position, and like you mentioned the firework can be used as a diversion instead, so I think i'll keep that change.
    I'll discuss the radar tracking range with the other GI members. I'm not opposed to keeping the tracking range the same so that might change too.
    My issue with the leap is that it gives you fall damage since it is so vertical and its also annoying if there are blocks over your head and you hit your head on those blocks from leaping too high.
    I have that change included in the document.
    In the document I included a visual component to the radar hunter kit which is essentially a color bar in the action bar that changes color when you get near a hider, idk why Fallen didn't include it in the forum post.

Posted Feb 16, 2021