• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11437 Players Online
  • 8547 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Game idea: Item finders

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Jayboi, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Jayboi

Jayboi
    x

I have a game idea. Item finders.

The way it works: Every player will be given hard to obtain items that they need to get in order to win. Everyone will get the same items they need to get. This can be in either a generated map or a pre made map.

Gamemodes: Solo: lobby of 8 and every player will have 3 items to obtain.

Duos: lobby of 16. The duo must obtain 4 items to win.

Quads: lobby of 16: the team must obtain 5 items to win.

Kits.

(Free) Worker. If you use this kit you will begin the game with a stone axe and pickaxe

(2000) Speedy: The player using this kit will be 0.5% faster.

(5000) Brawler. The player using this kit can kill any opposing player. If a player dies they will drop the most recent needed item they obtained

(Achievement) Remover. The player using this kit will. Remove 1 needed item in solo. Duos. And quads. Only 1 player can use this kit in a quads or duos game. If multiple choose to use it, 1 player will use the kit and the other players will be assigned the kit they used before remover.

Achievements:

Item king: Earned by winning 50 games of item finders: Reward is 1000 gems.

Savage: Kill 5 players in 1 game. Reward is 1000 gems.

Mvp: Be the one to obtain every single item in a quads game. Reward is 1500 gems

Close call: Escape a brawler with 1 heart left: reward is 500 gems.

Dominate: Win a game before anyone else even gets a item. Reward is 3000 gems

What do you think of this game idea?

Posted Aug 1, 2020
  2. This is pretty cool! We don't really have a finding game and this is a completely original idea, I think this would work pretty goodd

Posted Aug 1, 2020
  3. Ooh nice suggestion!

Item Finders is a generic name, I feel like if you came up with a pretty dope game design, a unique name can be fitted in this as well. I am trying to picture how these items will work... and what type of map? Will the items be in a chest to put into? Like I see from the kits, it's like a mining thing. I don't believe we have a map for this? So a new one would have to be made, not a biggie, sounds pretty clear if underground!

I say let's not do Solos. I mean we don't have Solo Cakewars and it's gotten far after how much it's be requested. It can be a Duos and Standard type thing! The amount of items needed is fair and I like it.

The kits are nice and clear. So for "Speedy" I would say the pickaxe can be upgraded and enchanted and not just "0.5% faster". So with "Brawler" only they can kill opposing players? What about a pickaxe to mine for the items? I suggest if that's the case where only they can kill, give them a pickaxe too! << Like the "Worker" kit! The achievement kit, "Remover", is def not something I am onboard with. It would just be unfair and the other players in the game with the kit won't have a fair say. So, if you can, come up with a better one <3 it's not a kit I would like to see and fought over about!

The achievements are fine too! The only one that can have improvement on or even removal is the "Close Call" one. It's something that would to me feel hard to detect when you "escape a brawler" how long would it take for it to count as escaping? I feel like it's unnecessary and can be better (: The rewards are good and standard so no complaints there!

Overall, I do like the layout, maybe more detail added could of been better such as map preference. I can't give a rating for this as it's something authentically came up with and hard to judge haha. It's pretty good and if implemented I can see myself playing it!
    Good luck with your suggestion, hope to hear more positives about the game!
    <3

Posted Aug 3, 2020
  4. This is a pretty unique idea! We don't have a gamemode like this on the network already, so it would be nice to have a game like this that makes you rack your brain and think on the spot to try and achieve a goal.

It could maybe be called "The Hunt", or even "Treasure Hunters", something along those lines, as I agree with @Laylq, Item Finders is quite generic.

The concept of the game could be a bit more intricately defined, perhaps there could be some rounds where the items are found in chests but require a bit of work to get to (traps, parkour, fighting mobs or bosses, etc.) and others could be things you find underground which bring the kits you have mentioned into play. I don't know what more to suggest there, and maybe through other player suggestions this could be finely tuned into something great.

I enjoy the kit ideas, maybe there could also be some more ability centered kits, such as a leaper kit which makes it slightly easier to reach difficult places, or a "finder" kit that can point you in the right direction to ensure you are close to the item (kind of like an item detector).

This would certainly require great thought into the map aspect as well, as it would need to accommodate a good number of players and be made in a way that it is challenging in different aspects on different parts of the map, to diversify the outcome for each team. I hope some good ideas and thoughts can be put forward for this too.

Overall, I really enjoy this concept and would absolutely love to play a game like this if it were to be added to the Network. Its a fairly unique idea that I don't recall having seen before, so I do hope this moves forward in discussion. Great suggestion!

Posted Aug 4, 2020
  5. Hey! This is certainly an interesting concept, and would make for a very unique game-mode if implemented. I do think this game could be quite fun to play, especially since the items you'll need to find changes which means there will always be an aspect of randomness to the game, keeping it fresh, and it'll be quite rare for 2 games to have the same item requirements.

Firstly, I'd like to talk about the map. I think a randomly generated map would probably be best for this, since a pre-made map would allow people to memorise where certain items are and wouldn't be very fun for newer players. However, using a pre-made map would mean that we would be able to add things to make the game more enjoyable, such as parkour that you must complete to obtain a certain item, or other pre-built structures like @S1KH mentioned. Personally, I think either could work, but overall it would be up to what the majority of the community think would be best.

I like your ideas for the majority of the kits, however I think the achievement kit could be changed so that all players would be able to equip it, as opposed to it being assigned to one random person if there are multiple people that choose it on a team. I think if you manage to unlock all of the achievements for this game, it shouldn't come down to luck when it comes to whether you get assigned the kit or not. Perhaps instead of removing a needed item, you could get a tracking compass with a limited amount of uses which would show you the closest needed item to you, that way it becomes something that everyone would be able to equip. That's just something I thought of off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are many other viable ideas for achievement kits. I also think Brawler would be slightly overpowered, considering those that don't own it would have absolutely no means of defending themselves, and if you wanted to be able to kill other players (which I imagine would give you a big advantage in this game), you'd sort of be bound to this kit and would never be able to use any others. Instead, I think PvP should be enabled for everyone, but the Brawler kit should have an advantage when it comes to it, such as a brief period of Regeneration after every kill, for example. I like @S1KH 's idea of adding a kit that is able to leap, as I imagine being able to traverse the terrain more efficiently would be very beneficial in a game mode such as this. Perhaps it could replace the Speedy kit? Or even become an entirely new, independent kit.

As for the achievements, I like the majority of them, however I'm not too sure about the "Close Call" achievement, because as @Laylq mentioned, it seems like it would be pretty difficult to implement a system that would be able to detect something like that. Maybe it could be replaced with something such as "Find 50 items in total", which could even be tiered like the Quick! challenges in Nano. If not, the achievement could always just be reworked to make it more practical.

Overall though, I like the idea of something like this, and I'm interested to see what other people think in future replies. Nice idea!

Posted Aug 4, 2020
    Laylq likes this.
  6. Jayboi

Jayboi
    x

I am giving a general idea for the game. I would be fine with them adding removing and changing aspects I put here. I made this thread to give mineplex a general idea

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 5, 2020
  7. Jayboi

Jayboi
    x

@Laylq I would want solo implemented more than other gamemodes. rn in cakewars you have little chace of winning unless you are in a party and it would be the same if item finders had no solo mode

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 7, 2020
  8. Jayboi

Jayboi
    x

This isnt a mining game fyi

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 7, 2020