• 1993 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10431 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Game Idea: Iceball

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by IAmInevitable3, Sep 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Iceball.

Field is 28x17, 3 players a side, 2 goals. The goals are made of ice, basically being big 3by5 blocks except there are two 2x1 3 block long passages in the center of the goals, and between the ends of those is a hopper. The objective is to get as many of your team's color dye into the hopper as you can. You can't remove other teams' dye from your hopper. Each team gets regenerating Ender Pearls to try and get into the goal, which is 6 blocks above the ground, and each player gets 2 dyes that regenerate every 5 seconds. After two minutes and 30 seconds, the team with more dye in the opponent's hopper wins. Each player will be one-hit with fists and armed with bows.

Posted Sep 8, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  2. Hey!

This could actually be a really cool game. Since it is so short, the game could in the mixed arcade. It's sort of similar to sheep quest which is the concern but still has some differences. Hope it goes well for you!

Posted Sep 8, 2019
  3. Hey there!

I really like this idea in general but I don't quite get how the game would be structured; I would imagine it as two teams opposite each other and in the centre, up in the sky, there's a goal where the team has to put their dye into a hopper. Where do you get the dye from though? Do you find it around the map or is it given to the players' inventories randomly?

I also think that the game should be added to the Nano Games' cycle, meaning it can maybe have 12 teams of 2 or 8 teams of 4 mainly because it's such a short game being only 2 minutes and 30 seconds, with that being said, the game probably has to change a bit; possibly a bigger surface in the middle where the dyes might spawn and separate platforms islands or zones at the ground for each team similar to cake wars with ender pearls spawning at a steady rate. It's kind of a mixture of the grapple knife game with sheep quest.

Overall I like the idea and it's a +1 from me!

Posted Sep 8, 2019
    Xukuri likes this.
  4. I definitely agree that this game should be placed within the NANO gamemode if it was implimented. We wouldn't make a separate minigame that only lasts 2 minutes and 30 seconds every time, it's too short to expect players to want to play over and over again, so it makes more sense to include it in a gamemode that cycles through many short games.

As far as the actual content of the idea, the way you worded it isn't giving me a clear idea of how this game would function. Maybe some headers or categories would help organize your ideas? And a mock up of a map would be extremely helpful in visualizing your idea.

Posted Sep 8, 2019
    THELichCA likes this.
  5. So if I understand your idea correctly, you have ender pearls you're trying to get into the goal? You didn't explain where you get the dyes from, though. Whereabouts do you get them?
    I can't really see this as it's own game, but it reminds me of a game map we have in events. We have pig hockey, which is basically choosing two teams and having somebody as an acting "puck" aka block morphed into an anvil. Anyway, the point is to get them into the goal and make the fireworks go off. Perhaps this could be a modified version of that? Maybe you can see what you can come up with for that, I just wanted to give you some input. Anyways, maybe this would work in something like NANO Games? I'm going to give it a 0 to see if you can come up with some edits based on feedback, or at least answer lingering questions. Thank you for your idea, though!

Posted Sep 10, 2019
  6. I think the idea is creative definitely but I'm just wondering more how it would work? From what I see do players have dyes that are automatically generated and they have to go into a goal? And though there is the one PvP system and bows I feel like players would either get carried away getting kills or would completely forget about the PvP part. However, it sounds like it would be a fun and creative addition to NANO games, nice idea.

Posted Sep 10, 2019