• 1565 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8072 Players Online
  • 6507 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Game crashes every time I join

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Pey7on, May 5, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Every time I join SSM my entire game closes with an error. Troubleshooting?

Posted May 5, 2020
  2. What’s the error (screenshot)? Ensure that you’re playing on an appropriate client.

Posted May 5, 2020
  3. Some higher versions of the game crash when ssm is loaded, I'd suggest playing in 1.8.9

Posted May 5, 2020
  4. Hey!
    Sorry to hear this and I hope your problem gets resolved! If you think this issue is bug related, you can report it here. Or, as @HushMyChild stated above, maybe try playing on 1.8.9. Anyway, good luck with this issue and have a good rest of your day!

Posted May 5, 2020,
    Last edited May 5, 2020
  5. Heyo!

I am sorry that you are experiencing some glitches. Maybe check your internet or that you are using the appropriate client and as @HushMyChild stated it might be because you are playing on a version higher than 1.8.9. I hope your problems get fixed soon!

Posted May 5, 2020,
    Last edited May 5, 2020
  6. It's a bit funny that you two claim that @zlxr (Suspici0us) suggested something that he has never stated in his comment. Please, at least credit the right person, @HushMyChild 's post is 2 replies above you.

And yes, newer versions tend to crash SSM, hence why the main game on MPSs is Cakewars now.

Posted May 5, 2020
    HushMyChild and FluteVegetables like this.
  7. My mistake, I fixed the tag but I'm not sure if there was a need for this, it was an honest mistake and I didn't intend on this. Not sure how you found this funny to be honest, everyone makes mistakes. But sorry, my apology, I guess he was the last name I saw when tagging, so my mind thought to tag him first.

Posted May 5, 2020
  8. I agree, but I'd find it very misleading if I wanted to see the full suggestion from the player who has originally given the advice.

Posted May 5, 2020
    HushMyChild and ripnick™ like this.
  9. Oops

Posted May 5, 2020
  10. You should send a screenshot of the error to be more specific. However, try reducing your game settings it may help. This is all I can say right now since I don't have any other details besides your game crashing.

Posted May 5, 2020
  11. This issue hasn't happened to me, but it happens to my cousin pretty often when we attempt to play. I am not too sure as of why it happens(he runs 1.8.9, he's tried everything to prevent it from happening.) It appears to be a random thing; sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. They're some great suggestions above but there is no clear answer for this, I recommend trying a new texture pack as that typically works.

Posted May 5, 2020
    Zuvrey likes this.
  12. Hey!
    If this problem continuously occurs to you, your best bet would be either filing a bug report at https://www.mineplex.com/bugs/ or troubleshoot it yourself, try to figure out what exactly is happening and what is the cause of it. Normally when I tend to crash while playing Mineplex (not specifically SSM, but in general), It is cause of things like memory usage or not enough storage, etc. Although, a big cause of it would be the version you are trying to connect and play with.

Posted May 5, 2020
  13. Just want to chime in, yes, a lot of clients which are higher than 1.8.9 are crashing as soon as you enter a game with suspended entities. From looking at my and other players crashlogs that they have sent me, it appears to be an issue with loading the stationary Guardians on the kit selection podium. If this is the case, then using a 1.8.9 client is probably beneficial in this case, but as another player has indicated, it is happening whilst using this client version.

I've seen reports of the newer versions of Optifine and non-pre 1.8 vanilla resource packs crashing for this same reason. Optifine, in particular, received an update in December of 2019 which has added a lot of things, but has broken or deprecated some backend things which are causing crashes. For servers that are cross-version such as Mineplex or use ViaVersion, you may crash around 10% of the time you enter lobbies with specific entities or try to fire certain events (such as closing chests or sleeping in beds). As far as I know though, Optifine has released a silent fix for this. (If you're using a client which utilises Optifine 1.8.9 HD U L5, you may need to reinstall Optifine).

The only other thing that I could think of which would be causing this is clients exceeding RAM usage. The profiles (versions) you register on the launcher of Minecraft have an advanced setting which allow you to configure the RAM you allocate to each profile. The spoiler below will tell you how to configure this.

[​IMG]
    1. Open the Minecraft Launcher (Java)
    2. Select the 'Installations' tab at the top
    3. Hover over the profile/version you'd like to change then click the button with 3 dots
    4. Select 'Edit' from the drop-down menu. A menu should appear and 'More Options' will be available in the bottom left, click it.
    5. in the "JVM arguments" field, change the hashtag in "-Xmx#G" to a number preferably between 2 and 6 depending on the power of your PC (GB) Do not change any of the other text!
    6. Click save and then you should be done

If none of this has worked, please submit a bug report here with your crash log. If you don't know how to find your crash log, follow the guides below. We'd be able to help you further if you provided us with a crash-log. Thanks!

1. Go to your search bar (bottom left corner and type "Run".
    2. When the popup opens, type "%APPDATA%", click ".minecraft" in the folder that pops up and find a folder called "logs".
    3. The most recent file is your latest log. "crash-reports" may also be useful

1. Open the Spotlight popup through the magnifying glass popup in the right of the menu bar
    2. Type "~/Library/Application Support/minecraft" and hit Enter (Or Return on US keyboards)
    3. Find a folder called "logs", the "crash-logs" folder may also be useful. The most recent files are your most recent logs.
    4. On Linux or macOS, the ~ in the path refers to the home directory. Folders starting with a . are hidden by default. In most file managers, hitting Ctrl + H toggles their hidden status.

Posted May 5, 2020
    Klobby likes this.
  14. They are quickly copying and pasting for those trainee points

Posted May 5, 2020
    Mitchy and FluteVegetables like this.
  15. Thanks to everyone who replied to this! I think it was because I was using 1.12.2 instead of 1.8.9!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 9, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.