• 415 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4781 Players Online
  • 4366 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

G l o o m

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by Earth Exploding, Mar 4, 2021.

?

would you like to see this map in-game??

1. yes

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. this map sucks

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. go get better at building

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. nano glads map; I'm glad I didn't use google maps to find a reference.

https://imgur.com/jh7Ehnz

ignore the outside pointy block things coz no one is allowed to see that.

I'm counting on the people who are gonna write an essay about how bad this map is in the comments

It was finished on the 27th of February but only now am I deciding to post it

Posted Mar 4, 2021
    Amg likes this.
  2. It's alright, the trees are kind of weird, they have little leaves. And try mixing types of leaves, don't use just one.

Posted Mar 4, 2021
    PhoenixSky likes this.
  3. so you aren't going to talk about how other builders use the same kind of trees?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 4, 2021
  4. They're very sparse, they do not look very realistic. If you look at maybe maps such as primal the trees have many more leaves and are more proportionate. The gameplay isn't very unique aswell. The tree in the middle doesn't look very realistic aswell. It's not horrible but aspects can definitely be improved.

Posted Mar 4, 2021
    PhoenixSky likes this.
  5. moisty mire, mini primal, and morning mist have basically the same trees/leaves. they're super spleef maps but, it's just an example of the kind of tree i used

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 4, 2021
  6. Yes however they look better

Posted Mar 4, 2021
  7. i don't really see too much of a difference with those trees though

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 4, 2021
  8. Both sides should be fairly equal in gameplay, and it looks like one player spawns with a bunch of terrain in front of them while the other doesn't. So I would just keep the thing in the middle with the tree and make the remaining space more open with just some minor detailing. There's no bows, so you don't really need cover. Also, this little terrain bit seems like a 2D wall and will probably look like that in game https://imgur.com/a/BFDHxZd So make it more natural looking so it flows with the rest of the terrain.
    I'd say they're good for spleef maps since they're sparse and are not easy to hide/camp in, which also makes them fast to break. But in your case, you could probably make the trees look more full, since I don't really like the look of the trees in those other maps much to begin with.

Posted Mar 4, 2021
    Amg likes this.
  9. alright

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 4, 2021
  10. Hey there @GreenhouseM13!

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to make this thread and share this map that you've created! I really like the theme for this small Nano-GLD map and I really think it looks awesome! I have to respectively agree with the feedback left above by other players. Everything looks wonderful, but the trees could use a slight touch up with some additional leaves. They look fine to me, but adding more leaves would make them look better in my personal opinion! Great job and keep up the great work. c:

Posted Mar 4, 2021