• 119 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2543 Players Online
  • 2424 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Future of Mineplex on Mobile( and Minecraft in General ) on Mobile

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Dream9605, Jul 26, 2021.

?

Is the Pocket edition Optimized for PvP?

1. yes

18.2%
  2. no

63.6%
  3. I dont play on pocket edition

18.2%
  1. Hello!
    I have been playing Minecraft since Middle school. I started playing Mineplex in grade 7. I played in on a Iphone 6, which at the time was not too old. I still have a iPhone 6, but at one point it was almost unbearable to be able to play on Big Servers like Mineplex, as for phones, too much was going on. Due to that reason, I had to switch to my Personal Computer, which has now made me unable to play Minecraft on my phone, as it is nearly a privilege now. I was wondering, since Minecraft is growing to be such a big game, and servers often have to update their server in order for players to be able to play, what will happen to Mineplex? I understand phones are being released, and most are very powerful now, maybe its just me, but I feel that if you have a phone from at most 4 years ago, then for sure its very difficult to play on servers, and Minecraft in general! Of course, I understand that technology moves on, and someday a phone will be a very powerful gaming device, but as of now, even the Nintendo Switch is having a bit of a hard time running Minecraft, due to disappearing chunks or too much data being stored. What I am saying is, Minecraft is becoming a big game, and with updates, we can only assume that there will be a point where devices will not be able to run Minecraft too well, let alone servers. Will Minecraft Bedrock edition be more optimized? Will Servers have to remain on previous versions? It has come to my attention that now its best to for sure play servers on Computer, but I do occasionally play Mineplex on other consoles, as I enjoy being able to sit on a couch and relax with a cup of hot tea, not slouched over my desk.

Posted Jul 26, 2021,
    Last edited Jul 26, 2021
  2. Well Minecraft Bedrock as a whole will have to keep receiving optimizations on older devices, or else the game will lose players, but this doesn't concern Mineplex or their developers, or any server for that matter. This is a matter of concern for Mojang and Microsoft, and I'm sure that they wouldn't hesitate to make sure their game runs smoothly on older devices. But anyways, for devices like your iPhone 6, their days are numbered. There comes a time where games stop being supported on older versions, usually when it gets to the point that supporting of older versions would mean bottlenecking the game on higher end devices (Not allowing it to run at it's full potential). And this isn't a Minecraft only thing either, rather not even just a mobile thing. It happens across all platforms with all graphically demanding games.

Posted Jul 26, 2021
    Tanish_ and Dream9605 like this.
  3. I have heared that Minecraft bedrock is more optimized than Minecraft Java? Perhaps it's only for PC users.

This is true and I can agree with this. Minecraft is afterall a heavy game to run, be it Bedrock or Java. And it does become more laggy in servers than in singleplayer ( I know this because I am an experienced potato pc/mobile player haha!).

Posted Jul 27, 2021
    Dream9605 likes this.