• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11011 Players Online
  • 8121 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Future Frosting nerf too much?

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by anthxny, Feb 19, 2020.

1. That's why I want to get the slowness removed! I was saying how removing the slowness wouldn't make the kit underpowered. We're on the same side - how did you find a way to argue with me? Just look at this:
    We're agreeing! You're arguing with the wrong person xD

It's planned. Yay! But it isn't currently in effect. I was saying that "right now, Archer and Warrior are underpowered". "Right now". I'm aware that's it going to change - how do you think I know about the Frosting changes if I didn't read the docs - but as of now, it's unbalanced, and keeping slowness doesn't make it balanced.

Posted Feb 21, 2020
    SpitefulNick and Korben like this.
  2. Exactly the slowness should get reduced or it should just be honestly removed.

Posted Feb 21, 2020
    KerbalBoy likes this.
  3. I disagree. Are you thinking of how it could upset people that worked hard for the kit if it got removed?

Posted Feb 21, 2020
    BaEconic likes this.
  4. No I'm clearing up outdated and false statements.

Posted Feb 21, 2020
    KerbalBoy likes this.
  5. REDUCED That’s what I’m trying to say! Reducing it wouldn’t be nearly as overpowered as it is now while still keeping it a strong kit. Removing it would just be unfair to those who worked to get it and would honestly just be unnecessary

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 21, 2020
  6. Yes I think this would be a fair idea honestly.

Posted Feb 21, 2020
  7. But adding more snowballs would basically make it a rod. Even if there is no slowness; or less slowness for that matter, why would you give more snowballs? That would be just as good if not better than it currently is imo.

Posted Feb 21, 2020
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  8. If you read the response, I stated that we should add more snowballs, so that it makes up for removing slowness. Maybe not too excessive with how many snowballs extra we add, but a decent amount.

Posted Feb 21, 2020
    BaEconic likes this.
  9. The snowball count should remain the same if anything. Adding more would just allow more opportunities to knock people into the void. However, removing some or all slowness is a better idea because it would allow the played to run away. To catch up to them, you'd have to use a pearl if slowness is completely removed which is more balanced in a way. The only problem is that it's still relatively hard to fight someone with a "rod" (snowballs) if the player is skilled and you don't have the achievement kit. I suggest keeping the snowball count the same, but reducing or removing the slowness effect.

Posted Feb 21, 2020
    Dulciloquy likes this.
  10. I mean I did kinda carry you to complete half the achievements, more on that just a little bit later.

First off, it's virtually impossible to get half these missions without being carried - win while spending an entire game on wool, without dying once? You need to be carried for that. I got Frosting by piggybacking others. As did @Sean ✩ - I helped him. Virtually everyone with Frosting has relied on someone else.

What I'm saying is that this argument is basically "We cannot balance the game because it would nerf a kit which requires you to do nothing for half of it".

Also, this argument just doesn't really make sense if you apply it to anything else. By extension, you are saying that it is amoral to nerf any kit that isn't free, because people either bought it with gems, or completed achievements. Or, in other words, no kit can ever be nerfed.

You're saying it isn't fair to Frosting users. Keeping Frosting this unbalanced is unfair to everyone else, especially when the reasoning is "we don't want to nerf anything, regardless of how OP a kit is".

Just use the like button mate.

Posted Feb 21, 2020
  11. No, the snowball count should remain the same imo. It's still OP to start combos without slowness.

Posted Feb 21, 2020
    Dulciloquy likes this.
  12. This is not a relevant point, in any manner. Not just for me, but people who worked themselves to get the kit (ON THEIR OWN).

Posted Feb 21, 2020
    BaEconic likes this.
  13. Well you should not keep the amount the same, simply because that would mean making the kit worse without making up for that. You can't just nerf it and decide that this is the "New Achievement Kit" . This would most likely cause a dispute, so they should not nerf it without making up for the slowness being removed.

Posted Feb 21, 2020
    BaEconic likes this.
  14. Yea the 1 out of the 100 people that did that will thank you for making this totally pointless argument. Its OP, so it needs to be nerfed. Its not like we are removing the kit, we are just making it balanced. Your saying someone should have a huge advantage ovee litterally everyone else because some people worked hard to get the kit. Come on.

Posted Feb 21, 2020
    leo_thya likes this.
  15. DUDE THE ENTIRE POINT IS TO NURF IT IF YOU TAKE SOMETHING AWAY AND GIVE IT SOMETHING ELSE IN ITS PLACE THAT ISNT A NURF

Posted Feb 21, 2020
    KerbalBoy likes this.
  16. Yes it is. It is a clear example of my preceding point. I even told you to scroll down just a little bit, but evidently you haven't, so this is the reasoning that makes my point of you being carried a piece of evidence:

It's an example of people needing help to get Frosting. Therefore, the argument that Frosting shouldn't be nerfed because "people worked for it" is invalid.

I also was carried with getting Frosting - I'm not singling you out. But my point wasn't, to quote you, "an irrelevant point in any manner". It's a piece of evidence that supports my claim.

Yes they should. If you nerf one aspect of a kit but buff another, then you're not truly nerfing it (which is the aim)

Posted Feb 21, 2020
    Korben likes this.
  17. You're literally defending people for struggling to get the kit. You're also assuming that most players that got Frosting kit, needed help, thus the point is invalid as you only gave an example of you "Carrying me to get the kit".

Posted Feb 21, 2020
    BaEconic likes this.
  18. Huh? The "defending people" bit I don't actually understand, but I am assuming that most people who got Frosting needed help. I mean, The Floor Is Lava is honestly impossible on your own.

There is nothing wrong with getting help (it's a team game mdr) - all I'm saying is that the argument that was made before is invalid. I don't understand your point.

And yes I did say mdr. Where's my French Mineplexians at? woop woop

Posted Feb 21, 2020
  19. Re-Read My Response. I am stating, that you claiming a point (people that got frosting needed help), with one example (I carried @Sean ✩ ), isn't enough. You can't talk for other people, in a sense that you don't know if people got it on their own or not.
    Yes, people may have needed help with the Floor Is Lava Challenge, which is practically the only reasoning that I deem valid.

Posted Feb 21, 2020
    BaEconic likes this.
  20. Well, I also helped @ChiefChippy and I myself was helped. I do not know how anyone else got Frosting, tell me how you got it please if you're reading this, but out of my admittedly small sample size of 3, all 3 needed help. That's 100%!

Also, it's a team game. I'd be genuinely surprised if you could get all the achievements for a team game completely solo. There's another piece of reasoning.

Posted Feb 21, 2020
    Korben likes this.