• 2175 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10613 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Furthest traveled

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RobbiinK, Sep 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Have you never been outside your home country (if so) where have you traveled? What’s the furthest you’ve ever been away from home?

I’ve been to
    - Syria (before the war started)
    - Sweden (to visit my grandma)
    - New York (I’m barely counting this because it was just for a 9 hour layover and I just remember it being humid and everywhere smelt like farts)

Posted Sep 18, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  2. Heyo!

I don't remember this, but when I was younger (around 2 or 3) I took a cruise down to Mexico and back from California. This was my only time leaving the country, and probably the second furthers place I've traveled. If you're counting this, I've also gone from the top of Oregon to Houston Texas and back, so that's probably the furthest I've traveled within the country. My travel life isn't too exciting, but glad to see that yours has been eventful. Have a good day!

Posted Sep 18, 2019
  3. Outside of Canada, I have explored:
    -United States: New York (travel), Washington DC (travel), Newark (travel), Tampa Bay (travel), Los Angeles (hockey tournament), Denver (hockey tournament), and Boston (travel)
    -Mexico: Mexico (travel)
    -Belize: Belize (travel)
    -Cuba: Havana (travel)
    -Honduras: Tegucigalpa (travel)
    -China (visiting ancestors and travelling): Guilin, Kunming, Beijing, and Nanjing
    -Iceland: Reykjavik (travel)
    -Thailand: Bangkok (travel)

The furthest I have been from home is Bangkok, Thailand.

Posted Sep 18, 2019
  4. Hey!
    Interesting question! I've gone to many places within Canada, however outside of Canada, I think the farthest I've gone is Florida in the US. I haven't really gotten to leave North American before, but I'd love to go to Europe in the future!

Posted Sep 18, 2019
    Segwat likes this.
  5. Japan is about it.

Posted Sep 18, 2019
  6. Hey mate,

Technically, I haven't left my country, but I'll still explain where I went on my most recent holiday. So Australia is one whole country, and just below it is Tasmania (a small island that is believed to have been connected a long time ago), but now it is no longer connected and is it's own small island. Officially, it is a part of Australia, but I did leave the borders of Australia to go over the sea to visit this island, so it kind of counts. Apart from this, I have been interstate around 5 times for small trips, but that's about all. I am hoping to go see my family in Greece next year though!

Posted Sep 18, 2019
  7. I live in Georgia, USA and the farthest I have every been from here would probably be the city of Mombasa, Kenya which is a 21 hour flight (at best) and 1d and 6 hours(at worst). That is about a half a year's walk if you don't do stops(of course you can't wallk there because the Atlantic Ocean is a think, but if it weren't it would be a half a year's walk. We went to Kenya to visit relatives and for the experience and we went to Mombasa as a short of vacation inside a vacation kind of thing(if that makes sense)because Mombasa is where the beaches are(it's kind of like the California, or Florida or something of Kenya). Outside of the USA, I haven't been to anywhere besides
    Kenya and the Netherlands and I don't count the Netherrlands because we were only chilling in the airport becase it was a 2 part flight to Kenya(fly from Atlanta to Amsterdam to Nairobi) . So really just Kenya

Posted Sep 19, 2019
    OJ_hog likes this.
  8. Farthest I’ve traveled : a 12 hour flight to China xd

Posted Sep 19, 2019
  9. I was travelling to Italy for a wedding and I had to stop in Spain for a layover, my flight got cancelled and everyone I knew in Spain was already at or on their plane to the wedding I was trying to get to. I ended up spending 36 hours exploring MAD until I could get the next flight to Senia. On the bright side if I ever have another layover in MAD I know my way around the airport really well!

Posted Sep 19, 2019
  10. The furthest place I've ever travelled to was Israel (the flight is approximately 12 hours from Toronto). A friend of mine that I've had since kindergarten moved there in grade 4 because his dad was a peace keeper in the United Nations. We kept in touch and they knew they'd be moving back to Canada soon but they invited me to go see them there before they left so I did!

Posted Sep 19, 2019
  11. Well my home country is actually Australia. My fathers home country is Israel and to be honest the last time I went there I was around 10 years old. The flight was really long and took around 14 hours for me to get there.

Posted Sep 19, 2019
  12. The furthest place I have ever traveled was probably Singapore. I’m currently living in the US.
    It was roughly a 15 hour plane flight plus another one hour plane flight because we had to connect. So, it was definitely a long flight. But the trip was well worth it. It’s a beautiful country and I had an amazing time

Posted Sep 20, 2019
  13. The furthest I've been from home (London), is Minneapolis, which is 4009 miles away. It was about 8 hours by plane. A close second would have to be Toronto, which is 3547 miles away.

I've also been to Belgium, Turkey, and Chicago. All the places were very nice and I'd love to go back again.

Posted Sep 20, 2019
  14. So basically...

I was born in the Philippines. When I was about 3 or 4 years old, my dad saved up a lot of money from working in the U.S. With that money, he brought tons of my family and myself home to California, in the United States. I travelled by plane, and it was a long plane ride. The Philippines is about 7,185 miles away from California.

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  15. I haven’t been very far at all, I was born in Chicago, IL when I was around 2 I moved out to Washington State where I am currently living. I go out and visit my family is Chicago yearly so I’m super excited to go out and see them again this Christmas. It’s kind of sad how little I travel...

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  16. Holaaa I wouldn’t say that I have been a lot of places too far away from my home which is newyork. I have been to Mexico and Canada which is it. Canada is like a second home to me so I don’t really count it. Mexico was totally knew to me at the time so I guess it was the farthest I’ve been away from home.

~Jhazu

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  17. Hey there!
    I've been to a few places around the world, and instead of naming all of them I'd rather just stick to the furthest country I've been to. I'm an Omani, therefore being from the Middle East. It's not a very common ethnicity but I definitely appreciate and value it. I live quite far from America, I think you can see where I'm going with this so I'll be consise- flying to New York City has been the longest plane ride yet. It took around 14 hours (or a little more) to arrive. It was definitely a tiring ride.

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  18. Hey! I've been to a couple of places around the world. I am hopefully going to be able to travel again this summer for my high school graduation present. These are the countries I have been to outside the United States:

-France
    -England
    -Italy
    -Sweden
    -Norway
    -Denmark
    -Mexico
    -Dominican Republic
    -Bahamas
    -Canada

Posted Sep 21, 2019