• 1445 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9883 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Frosting...

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by PolarGods, Feb 16, 2019.

1. I do agree that the Frosting kit as of now definitely requires a nerf. The frequency that players receive a snowball and the length of a corresponding effects I think is too fast and lasts for too long. When compared to the other kits, there seems to be a very clear preference of what people use. When players unlock the kit, I dont seem them using any other kit, which I think (on a large scale) shows how desirable that one kit is.

I agree that the kit needs a nerf and I hope the people responsible wll make these changes accordingly.

Posted Feb 21, 2019
    NothinButNetYT likes this.
  2. Maybe we can remove the slowness. In that case the snowballs will act more like a rod in a way. It just depends on the way you use it.

Posted Feb 23, 2019
  3. Removing slowness will basically kill the kit imo

Posted Feb 23, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  4. Even though I am a regular user of frosting, I do think it could stand to be nerfed. I only use it in place of a rod for pvp, and to knock people off bridges. The slowness effect isn't really needed.

Posted Feb 23, 2019
  5. Every kit has it's purpose
    Builder - Rushing & Platform trapping
    Warrior - Kills everyone in the base while teammates eat the cake.
    Frosting - Good at Controlling Beacons and 1v1's

Frosting is useless if you even have more than 1 player coming towards you,you have to spam all 3 snowballs from an angle to hit someone off,I've seen quite a lot of players now switching to builder nowadays,especially if they have a party.

I don't think frosting deserves a nerf,I know 1v1-ing a player that is using frosting can be frustrating but Cakewars at the end of the day is really about teamwork,if you have 2 players rush one frosting,he will lose position and have a HARD time getting it back in future 1v1's.As mentioned before frosting is a control based kit,if you have played other games with kits,you will most likely know that if a control kit doesn't have control it's terrible,that's the same with frosting.

Posted Feb 23, 2019
    SpitefulNick and doeo like this.
  6. here comes the reliants :o

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 24, 2019
    Graveyarrd likes this.
  7. Lmao "reliants",I have not used Frosting in 2 weeks :) I have switched to Builder cause I always have a party :)

Posted Feb 24, 2019
  8. I have 2 accounts with frosting and a combined wins of 2009 in duos, I can tell you with complete certainty that frosting is much worse than builder in every situation except on-beacon 1v1s, if you're crying about on-beacon 1v1s then just get better at placement, rush timing and killing better players.

Frosting isn't easy to beat, but it isn't difficult either, most people you meet in pubs that use it are horrible anyway, so it's really your own fault at this point.

Further context, I have used and mained builder since before they even implemented platforms, so I would consider myself well versed in the builder-frosting debate.

Also just got 23 wins in a single day in duos using solely builder, so again, pretty well versed.

Posted Feb 24, 2019
    WorthyBandit likes this.
  9. Hi! Frosting user here! More like frosting reliant - I know it means the same thing! :DDD

Yeah Builder's better in most situations. @Corporatization nailed the exact point I want to make. @WorthyBandit also explained the situation really well, and all you did to respond was call him a reliant, you couldn't even argue his point.

Honestly like... get better? And learn more Cake Wars strategy. Most people that complain about frosting are the people that try to rely on their PvP skill alone, rush into stupid fights willy-nilly and end up not contributing anything to their team.

Once you're well-versed in strategy of the game, you will realise that builder is vastly superior to any other kit when it comes to getting resources for your team. That's more important than frosting's PvP advantage.

Lemme tell you - the only time frosting is the best kit for the job is during a close-quarters 1v1 fight on a capture point/base. Name any other situation in-game and I will tell you that a different kit is better equipped for it.

Posted Feb 24, 2019
    WorthyBandit likes this.
  10. Warrior kit isnt working

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 24, 2019
  11. Then fix warrior instead of nerfing a kit that doesn't need to be...

Posted Feb 24, 2019
    Combativeness/xWorpp likes this.
  12. Ugh, I don't know about this tbh. I mean there has been tons of discussion about frosting and how broken it is and how it isn't broken. I think GI has came up with a solution but don't quote me on that considering this will probably always be an ongoing discussion as long as the kits exist. I think there can be things done to the kit but a huge nerf, or full removal would generally upset the community.

Posted Mar 18, 2019
    • Necro Posting
    LMFAO

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  13. Frosting desperately needs a nerf on the slowness. It is just too op.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  14. lol!!!!!!

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  15. Hey!

This is a pretty controversial topic, and I completely understand why. In my opinion, I do believe that the kit could use a slight nerf. After using the kit regularly for quite a while now, I definitely see that it can be quite frustrating when you get knocked off by never ending snowballs. Furthermore, I do believe it gives a pretty unfair advantage with how long it slows players for. For example, when another player is running away from you, it’s very easy to throw a frosting ball at them and be able to catch up to them due to the slowness effect. However, I find the other kits pretty useful as well, which is why I believe this kit should only receive a small nerf. Personally, I believe the kit either needs a nerf to the production speed of the frosting balls, or reduce the slowness a player receives when being hit by one. Overall, I definitely see arguments for both sides, I do agree that the kit needs some sort of nerf or change. That being said, it’s a +1 for me! :)

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  16. yall i got a warning for saying "LMFAO"

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  17. Yeah, if you didn't notice, you got a warning for Necro-Posting not for saying "LMFAO"

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  18. I totally get where you’re coming from as it can be rather annoying. But I really don’t think it should be changed, at least not that much you know? I’d honestly consider supporting a slightly longer cool down, but even that is a bit unnecessary. The frosting kit is meant to be good, and is meant to be a prize in a sense for completing all the achievements. I’m not sure it’d be worth it to reduce its value.

With that said, there are definitely ways to counter the frosting kit through various strategies. I’m personally pretty good at dodging them, so I don’t have a big problem with the slowness. However, sometimes I’ll try to use the building kit to immobilize the frosting kit if I can’t dodge the snowballs. That’s how I personally get around it but there’s definitely much better ways to go about it. Even with my okay strategies I can still find ways around the advantage given by the frosting kit.

While I don’t agree with this, I’ll still love to see future responses <3

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  19. Hey! I totally agree I wouldn't want the kit removed entirely, maybe a cool down between snowballs? Another thing I think would be beneficial is more time between getting them. I don't think they should remove the kit because people have worked hard to get it so I think it would be unfair.

Posted Aug 22, 2019