• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10550 Players Online
  • 7660 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

frosting

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by noke1202, Apr 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The kits already being nerfed my man

Posted Apr 3, 2020
  2. Yes I understand what you feel, Builder is just amazing for rushing cakes and mid. However, there are some SERIOUS tryhards in game. They just frost you and then hit you off an edge. like at least some have the decency of letting you run away. Builder is a good kit, archer needs a buff, warrior is mediocre, but frosting is pretty good, particularly when you are in a server with people who do not really play cake wars as much. I used to the frosting was a hack, people would basically ask for deploy platforms, and use a combo of frosting and deploy to suffocate, whilst hitting them from over/under. So I can understand, yes some kits have plenty of advantage in different situations, but nerf the frosting to like 1 ball every 2 minutes or something, cause then people would still have it, but they would have to save them up.

PARTY

Posted Apr 3, 2020
  3. Frosting kit:

Hey there, I believe the frosting kit has already been addressed and that a nerf is on the way. I think they have come to the conclusion to remove the slowness effects from the snowballs which should solve a lot of the problems that the community has. Obviously the frosting kit has to have some use so they cannot completely ruin the kit so the slowness being removed is definitely a good move forward. So make sure you stay patient and I'm sure this change will be implemented soon! - Thanks for the concern!

Posted Apr 3, 2020
  4. We sadly can't stop anyone from using it and I do agree if there is a party with 4 people who really want to win the game will probably end fast especially if they have frosting but really it's an achievement kit and it needs to have some value.

Posted Apr 3, 2020
  5. RIP Frosting kit, now it'll be useless

Posted Apr 3, 2020
  6. This just doesn't actually make sense? You can still use the snowballs to knock people off bridges, you can use them as a rod, you can stop other people comboing you and so much more.

Now, compare that to the Archer, which gives you a total of 3 arrows. No bow. In case you weren't aware, in the end-game it's very easy to buy a bow and hundreds of arrows, making Archer redundant. Same with Builder - you can buy Deploy Platforms and wool, and then it's useless in the end-game.

Can you buy Frosting snowballs?

It's unfair for one kit to be clearly superior, no matter if "you" have to work for it. You also have to work for Gems to buy Warrior and Archer, so why aren't you asking to buff them? Archer is having a planned buff, don't worry.

And I put "you" in speech marks because for half the achievements you're not even doing anything! The Floor Is Lava requires you to get carried. What about Love Not War, where you can't kill anyone? Or maybe the achievement that you can't die, making you camp gen the entire game.

With these achievements that you need to unlock to get Frosting, you're not even doing anything. So don't say that you "had to work hard" because you didn't work hard! You made other people work hard for your own benefit!

So if you're saying that Frosting can't be nerfed because you worked hard for it, you didn't really. You spent games camping gen for it.

Games aren't fun if kits are unbalanced. So, why not balance the kits? Frosting is ridiculous. It requires next to no skill that you wouldn't already have from playing Minecraft. And the new players, without parties to carry them, are stuck with redundant kits like Archer.

It doesn't matter how good your pvp skills are if you're constantly being knocked into the void. It doesn't matter how much you practice if you're constantly slowed down, having your range reduced and being knocked back.

Stop holding onto advantages you know are unfair. Give the newer players a chance, and nerf Frosting.

Posted Apr 3, 2020
  7. First, frosting does not make your reach/hit range smaller. You still have the same 3.25 blocks. It just makes your field of view smaller. With what kerbal boy said, even if SOME if the achievements require you to be carried, a lot of them do still require work. Cake wars has a lot of achievements compared to some games with only four of five. The achievement for 1,000 kills is hard to get carried for, I guess unless you camp until full diamond and rush. But, even then, you'd probably only get a few kills that way. I do not believe frosting should be nerfed, but if it IS going to be nerfed, maybe just make it 1 less snowball. In my opinion the real overpowered kit is builder. I've had times where someone goes to rush my cake, and their strategy is literally spam platform me. Nothing I can do without shears. I break it just to be suffocated again. So as they can mine my cake completely unstopped, or 2v1 my partner in duos, I cannot do much. How about nerf BUILDER? I personally don't agree with some of the game insight ideas, like increasing obsidian to 16 emeralds.

Posted Apr 3, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 3, 2020
  8. Slowness has been removed as of our recent Cake Wars update. You can view the entire change-log here. Thanks for your feedback about our games. If you have any questions/concerns about this, feel free to let me know!

Locked - Implemented

Posted Apr 13, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.