• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12503 Players Online
  • 9613 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

frosting

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by noke1202, Apr 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fix frosting.

how to fix frosting?

remove slowness or make it 1 snowball.

yes thank you.

Posted Apr 1, 2020
  2. Honestly I agree with removing slowness but making it only 1 snowball would really nerf the kit too much in my opinion, I do agree that at the moment slowness is kind of making the kit overpowered because for the slowed person it looks like they have a shorter hit range than they should. Good job on the idea :)

Posted Apr 1, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 1, 2020
    BannableName and brandon3074 like this.
  3. Nup. Frosting is only good for that reason. Not to inflict half a heart. It has its positives like every kit. Builder: Don't have to buy platforms and wool as well as suffocation. Archer you can snipe and bow spam. Warrior good for rushing and holding mid. People spend hours getting it, this would make frosting pointless. Sorry, but great thinking but wouldn't be possible.

Posted Apr 1, 2020
    BannableName likes this.
  4. I think it should stay as it is. Other kits are also good, every kit has it advantages

Posted Apr 1, 2020
  5. Remove slowness OR make it 1 snowball
    Making it 1 would prevent spamming, and you could then dodge it

its OP floqi.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 1, 2020
    brandon3074 likes this.
  6. Heyo!
    Personally I do agree that frosting needs a nerf, but removing the slowness would just make the kit too underpowered. Though I do think we could reduce how many snowballs you get, but not to 1, maybe to 2 or 3 so you have enough snowballs in case you miss the first or second one.
    Have a nice day!

Posted Apr 1, 2020
  7. to be honest, I used to be like you, I used to hate frosting. Since then I've started to grind for the achievements and it's been really fun! It's actually even made me a better player. I feel like if they take away slowness then that kind of defeats the point of the kit and would ruin everything that I, and many other people, have spent countless hours grinding for

Posted Apr 1, 2020
  8. yeah this seems more realistic

Posted Apr 1, 2020
    NinjaMaster895 (Gone) likes this.
  9. well, people have earned the kit by playing and stuff. taking it away or ruining it may make people quit the game or something.

Posted Apr 1, 2020
  10. In 2020, I can safely assume that at least 50% of player know how to use rod. Snowballs are a variant of rod, hitting the enemy to initiate a combo. Frosting's snowball's are also packed with slowness, crippling mobility which means so much in PvP, and reducing their melee range. You can block place to counter frosting, but then you are also limiting your own space to attack them. They would eventually overpower you with their regenerating snowballs. With the Mineplex knock back system, it amplifies frosting's abilities because the opponents are not even bounced backwards, they just stand there helplessly and vulnerably like a duck ready to be shot. Slowness should be removed to balance frosting.

Having just one snowball is to overboard as it can easily be countered by again, block placing. Frosting's area of strength is PvP and reducing their max snowballs to one would make the kit near useless.

+1

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted Apr 1, 2020
  11. more peolpe are gonna quit if they dont fix it :samlol:

i doubt 1 snowball would make it useless but removing the slowness is kindda lame yeyah

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 2, 2020
    brandon3074 likes this.
  12. Hey!

I don't have an opinion if it should be removed or not but if they did go with the idea of changing something about the kit, I'd say just remove the slowness. When using snowballs in PVP, you get a better chance of getting a combo already, slowness or not. Removing the slowness would just make it a little bit less annoying for the other person who is taking the slowness. Either way, with slowness or not, the person should be able to get a combo on the other person. If we went with the idea of making it fewer snowballs you're able to have in your inventory, I'd say to have AT LEAST 2 snowballs, just in case you miss the first one. I don't have much to say but I think the majority likes the kit the way it is. :)

-Truthhs

Posted Apr 2, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 2, 2020
  13. From what I've been told they're already planning a nerf on frosting, frosting will be nerfed (Slowness will be removed) and archer kit will receive a buff. So, yes it is already being nerfed I do not know what the exact date is or how long it will take.

However, if you wish you can read up on it and the rest of the upcoming update here.
    Have a nice day.

Posted Apr 2, 2020
  14. Hey there!

Actually, Frosting kit is a kit for an achievements and I think that it shouldn't be fixed. There is no sense to remove a slowness because it's a feature of an Achievement Kit and it will ruin the kit so nobody will use it. After that, everybody will start using archer or builder(which is used quite often at the moment)
    As @Truthhs has already said, it's easier to get a combo with slowness, but anyway, you should be able to get a combo without snowballs. Personally, I think there's no sense to nerf Frosting kit, because all kits are good and have their advantages. By the way, I've got also this kit but I'm not using it for the ALL time in CW, so, -1 from me.

Stay safe,
    Plqmeriq

Posted Apr 2, 2020
  15. Yes @Plameriq I can see where you are coming from, but it is REALLY unfair. When the Immortals come to eat your cake, and you run, they frost you then kill you. It is way too overpowered. there are two sides of the argument: it is an achievement, it needs to be good so people work up to it and want it, and two, that for people who do not have it, it is made much harder to get and also makes gameplay just a bit more frustrating.

Posted Apr 2, 2020
  16. You can use builder kit make them stuck in blocks.

Posted Apr 2, 2020
  17. Not when you keep getting knocked back from the two block high tower you need to trap someone.

Posted Apr 2, 2020
  18. Kits aren't having that influence on gameplay. Everything depends on your pvp skills.

Posted Apr 2, 2020
  19. Honestly, if you have been playing the game for a while you should know that it isn't that big of a deal really. I mean in order to get it you have to spend a lot of hours whereas the other kits have many advantages as well. This is an achievement kit and it's meant to be good. Personally, I don't always lose to people using frosting i just strafe and if I die I died, doesn't matter much and also the slowness isn't there for a long time. I suggest you grind for it, im personally one achievement away from it and I would like to use it but I probably wouldn't that much and stick to Builder just because it's such a nice kit for rushing!

Posted Apr 2, 2020
  20. Yes good ol skills.

Posted Apr 2, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.