• 2411 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10849 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Frosting kit too op.

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by zise, Aug 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. If anything needs a nerf, it's builder kit. Builder kit is a movement kit that can reach islands faster than a player using ninja bridging. On top of that, It can platform suffocate which basically is free damage on the other players. Unlike frosting kit which gives you only a slight pvp advantage. Just forget about nerf frosting... It's fine the way it is.

Posted Sep 7, 2019
    Zapix likes this.
  2. Needs a nerf, no doubt, slow 2 to slow 1 sounds like a start. If anyone is saying it shouldn't be nerfed, they may be saying this because they got the achievement kit, and while it takes a lot of time and dedication(I myself am 10 wins from getting it) I still think it is way over powered. The analogy is simple, a player with a fishing rod, versus a player without. The advantage is just too great. I think the frosting kit is a really cool kit and should stay, because it takes skill to use. That said, it def needs nerf no question.

Posted Sep 11, 2019
    Zapix likes this.
  3. I'm really going to have to agree with you on this part, sure many will say to not nerf it because yes it does take time and skill to earn it. But at the same time that doesn't mean you should an immediate advantage over everyone else especially new players.

Posted Sep 11, 2019
  4. Sure, you want frosting nerfed but were is your argument? Sure it may seem that frosting balls can be used for 'rod' pvp but every other class has its advantages too. Say you are in a cw lobby with people you may know to be not 'that good'. Using warrior will help you significantly more than frosting. If you want to rush obsidian, builder kit will capture side beacons faster than frosting. And for pvp, archer kit can be used for bow spam, which is harder to counter than frosting, and is also much better for bridge sniping. Frosting kit is very balanced. I can see that you may think it is OP due to personal experience while dying too frosting kit. I too die, 'even' with frosting kit. My KDR is below 1 which is worse than multiple other players who use different kits. Frosting does not need a kit.
    --- Post updated ---
    Yes, it has an immediate advantage...like every other kit.

Posted Sep 12, 2019
    Monkqy likes this.
  5. I honestly think it's op as well, slowness can make or break a combo and it's really not fair. I have the kit and I still think it's op, I just use builder. Hopefully something is tweaked on the kit at a later time.

Posted Sep 14, 2019
  6. We all know frosting can break a combo/ make one. It's only advantage is in pvp. It dosnt need a nerf

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    Zapix likes this.
  7. Well, now that I think of it, builder should possibly receive a nerf. I believe you receive platforms too quickly. Perhaps a change from 1 Knitted Platform every 10.0 seconds. Max 5 could be changed to 1 Knitted Platform every 20.0 seconds. Max 3. This could hopefully balance the time it takes to reach beacons with the other kits that don't receive blocks, while still giving builder the advantage of getting there first (just not as fast) with wool.

People using the kit would also have to use the platforms wisely as they can only hold 3 and only receive 3 per minute. Now, a change like this will make Frosting superior, but that's how it should be considering its an achievement kit. And since frosting is an achievement kit there's not much that can be changed about it as it has to be earned. Perhaps the max holding size could be changed from 3 -> 2 snowballs but should still remain the same.

Edit: And as @FiveCPS mentioned, builder kit should receive a nerf since it can reach beacons faster than most bridging techniques that require skill to master as opposed to making multiple 3x3 platforms in that only require 1 click each that can get you anywhere without much thought.

Posted Sep 14, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 14, 2019
  8. I mean... It's a PVP gamemode lol. No need to attack me

Posted Sep 16, 2019
  9. Sure pvp is important but strategy is even more important. Without good pvp you can still win. Without strategy you can't. Also how am I attacking you...I'm simply breaking down your argument and you are just stating the obvious. Attack: criticize or oppose fiercely and publicly. You may have imagined me saying this fiercely but how you imagine is out of my control.

Posted Sep 18, 2019
    • Post Boosting
    Jesus the frosting spammers are writing paragraphs for it not to be nerfed.

Posted Oct 7, 2019
    Fall and Free urjustmadlol like this.
  10. ive been playing for a while, you just gotta play for a while, get a good game sense, then frosting really is only op in 1v1s

Posted Oct 7, 2019
  11. This has been discussed so many times and the basic answer is - no, the kit really isn't overpowered. And I agree that Builder levels this out!

Yes, the kit affects PvP a load, but you do need an element of skill to conserve the snowballs and work them into a fight with enough complexity, bare in mind frosting has no other benefits other than snowballs, so it is quite PvP reliant rather than gaining HP (warrior) or platforms (builder).

There are a lot of counters to the frosting kit, you need to take into account Kit Balancing. The frosting snowball only deals about 30% of the KB of a regular snowball, it'd need 1 well-placed shot or 3 spammy shots to actually push someone far enough off something.

While people say 'frosting reliant', it helps to get combos, that's understandable, but it's not broken. You could say an OP strat with builder regarding suffocation warrants it's removal, it's all part of kit and game balance, which, as far as I am concerned there aren't issues with right now.​

Posted Oct 7, 2019
  12. Frosting kit is OP-
    It does kb AND a speed debuff.
    I literally can't counter this because I can't even run away. The frosting user always catches up to me and I'm basically a free kill. We all come to Mineplex for fun right? Getting spammed with snowballs which make you an easy kill is not fun. The builder kit isn't really a counter to the frosting kit what am I supposed to do? Punch them with wool?? Building away is not easy with the slowness II .

Basically I think it's too easy to use.

Posted Oct 7, 2019
  13. The answer isn’t a clear no; many people have contradicted this and even GI has proposed a pretty big nerf in the kit.

You shouldn’t be considering what a player can and can’t do with a kit when balancing, but what the kit can do. Besides that, I don’t see conserving snowball a very complex task.

Yes, and Warrior has no other benefit than gaining health and builder has no other benefits besides getting blocks.

I don’t see most people complaining about getting hit into the void by snowballs, but more so of the pvp advantage Frosting users have.

Posted Oct 7, 2019
    Fall and Veans like this.
  14. Hey Everyone!

I have one thing to say... Frosting will NEVER need a nerf in Its current state. I will always believe this and nothing will change my mind.

I will always stand by my point that the other kits have their specialties. If you're going to rush a team, the builder kit is almost essential to have because it grants high ground and position advantage. If you're going to support your team end game or are defending, the archer kit is a great help as it provides free arrows that break defenses. Warrior is a great tank in end game situations and is good for rushing as well because it offers a hp advantage if you get even hits. This comes back to slowball which is like Warrior kit but if you are good with rods. Slowballs will grant an advantage, but the advantage doesn't make your character unable to hit your opponent. It just makes it harder for the user to hit the opponent.

This brings up player skill. If you have the muscle memory for PVPing or it's just in your head, you can still beat slowballs at PVP. It just takes practice and good PVPing ability to beat slowballs. Also, this sounds generic but, DODGE! Most slowball users out there can't PVP well without them. That sounds toxic but It's not meant to be like that. I'm just saying what I observe.

Like always, I don't think slowballs need a nerf. Sorry man but this posts general idea goes against my thoughts. -1

~Franjona (a.k.a Not_Gamer)

Posted Oct 7, 2019
  15. Buy deploy platforms

End game you're going to have so many bricks you don't know what to do with them, except buy arrows. An extra arrow every 6 seconds doesn't make a big enough difference for it to matter that much.

Warrior is not a tank. Killing a player gives you 3 hearts, you're better off using golden apples.

3 hearts is not a lot of health. Yes, it could make the difference, but frosting as a kit wins every time against warrior.

Height plays a MAJOR role in minecraft pvp. Hitting your opponent even a bit higher gives you a big advantage.

Posted Oct 7, 2019
  16. Hey Man,

Please don't take this offensively, but just get better at PVP. I've seen players who can beat the best of the best, without a rod. Also, you just need to push through. If you think, well he has snowballs I'm dead, then you're dead. You're not trying when you think that meaning you're gonna die. I've faced so many slowball users and I just got slowballs today. I thought It would grant me a huge advantage, but It's only a little bit. I felt like I got shot in the foot when I realized I had to buy wool.

This brings back the point that all kits have their specialties. Builder is free wool, Warrior is bloodlust for the good PVPers, archer's for those bow gods, and slowball is for the rod PVPers but with limited throws at a time. This all balances out.

Going back to the idea of you needing to put it in your head. You NEED to put it in your head that you can beat them. Bugha didn't win the Fortnite world cup saying, aww man! Tfue has a legendary combat, blue submachine gun, and a legendary infantry rifle. All I've got is a green pump and a blue assault rifle low on ammo. NO! He played the game through and fought it out. Guess what! He ends up winning because he faced the challenge and didn't lose hope. He fought it out and killed people with his limited ammo. That's how Bugha pushed himself to win and not slow down due to him "knowing" that he would lose. Because you never know.

In the end, I'd say It's the way you look at it. Look at it as an impossible task, you're not gonna do it because you're not willing to fight it or beat it because you're stuck up on that one thought. If you think you can beat it and try your best, you will win or either get him low. The second option sounds better right? So If you're good enough and are willing, put the mindset to do it, and you'll do it. You'll be amazed at what you can do when you try and don't let things get you down. I've learned it the hard way and I'm proud that I learned it.

Posted Oct 7, 2019
  17. I'm saying what I'm saying from the perspective of not only being against frosting, but also using frosting.

Actually valid advice, mentality plays a huge part in how you perform in games. +1

That being said, I've tried pushing through many times. It works if your opponent doesn't know how to use frosting. If they do know -- better have frosting equipped yourself.

That being said, I don't know why I am trying to convince you.
    It's pointless to argue with people who simply refuse to change their mind.

It doesn't balance out, and I already explained why for the most part.

Posted Oct 8, 2019 at 5:47 AM
    • Post Boosting
    Lots of people who have frosting kit are defending it with paragraphs of persuasive essays.

Posted Oct 8, 2019 at 7:28 AM
    Free urjustmadlol likes this.
  18. I mean, lot's of people without It are doing the same calling for a nerf.

But yeah, a nerf was voted for by GI awhile ago and it looks like they are planning to remove the slowness (which is fine, it will still be a good combo starter).

Posted Oct 8, 2019 at 8:47 AM