• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6652 Players Online
  • 3762 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Implemented Frosting Kit is to OP

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by TheRetr0Player, Nov 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I believe that the frosting kit is complete overpowered. Although the kit takes some skill to achieve, it still takes little to no skill to use. Even though the kit is beatable I think anyone who has any remote talent is able to take control of the fight. It is possible to counter Frosting by using range such as bows or strafing the snowballs. It is still almost impossible to touch if you are under-geared. As a possible suggestion, I think that maybe they should get fewer snowballs or change the period where they receive the snowballs a little longer. I've heard talks that they are considering lowering the slow time from 2.5 to 2.0 seconds. Which in a way will help, but I believe the problem is players are able to slow you too often. I think reducing the number of snowballs received will drastically decrease the kits' power over everything else. I believe all the other kits are very balanced and I also realize that its an achievement kit, but I still believe that it shouldn't be able to control how the game is played.

I'm really open to any suggestions anyone might have on changing the kit. I believe that kit isn't terribly op but I think a majority of players would say the advantage is to much.

Thanks!

Posted Nov 30, 2019
  2. Yo!

Thank you for sharing this idea! Or Game Insights team released an update proposal for this game a while ago which can be found here, which includes a Frosting nerf of completely removing the slowness from Frosting. Thus, I'll be applying the "Processed" tag once this thread is moved into the Game Alterations section of the forums. I'll leave this thread open for further discussion on Frosting. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Nov 30, 2019
  3. Thread Moved to Game Alterations

As much as I love the kit and use it myself, I have to agree with you that it is too overpowered. The combination of both the slowness and the knock-back provided gives too much power to the kit, in my opinion. While, yes, you can counter it with other kits like Archer (which does a lot more damage than a snowball), it still gives too much of an advantage since you can knock people off when bridging and win so many more fights with it when compared to not using it. However, I like Game Insights (GI) update to the kit where they remove the slowness, so that way there is still the knock-back part to the kit which many would still use.

As for your suggestion to it, I'm not sure if changing the duration of time that it takes to get a snowball would work out well. Many people would just wait until they get the ones that they need and then proceed to PvP, so it really does not make that much of a change to the kit in that aspect. On the other hand, I do like the suggestion where you can get less snowballs at a time, since generally people will throw 2/3 snowballs when PvPing and then actually fight, so this would allow the effects to last just a tad bit less. Perhaps GI's proposal and this could combine? I think removing the slowness would be a huge change, but maybe making it so it lasts much less and not given as many snowballs would be the right way to go.

Posted Nov 30, 2019
  4. Hey,

Personally I totally agree with you that Frosting is an overpowered kit, and frankly pretty annoying to play against. One way I believe that it could be nerfed is by making the frosting balls not deal knockback. This way it would be used less like an overpowered rod and more like it's own unique kit, while making it less powerful as it is now.

Posted Nov 30, 2019
  5. agreed

Posted Nov 30, 2019
  6. Hello, I kind of agree that Frosting is a bit OP. I am a Frosting user myself, but it takes hard-work and dedication to even get close to earning the kit. There have also been a lot of other threads like this.

Posted Nov 30, 2019
  7. uh no its not hard to get lol

Posted Nov 30, 2019
    cerns likes this.
  8. Thread Moved to Game Alterations

@Jaekub

Posted Dec 5, 2019
    Jaek likes this.
  9. Hey!

This is a bit late, but we have just released the Cake Wars update! You can view the full change-log of it here. I appreciate your feedback about our games; we're always working to make them better! If you have any more questions or concerns, feel free to send me a PM.

Thread Locked - Implemented

Posted Apr 13, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.