• 941 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9379 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Frosting Class Balance Issues

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Necco, Mar 1, 2019.

?

Do you agree that Frosting either the unfun or overpowered?

1. Yes I agree that it is overpowerd.

40.0%
  2. Yes I agree that it is unfun

25.6%
  3. Yes I agree that it is both overpowered and unfun

26.7%
  4. No I do not think it is unfun, nor is it overpowered.

31.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Especially mid to late game, buying those is trivial both in terms of resources and in terms of how useful the bow and arrows are. Unless something has dramatically changed since I last played, Archer kit just gives you arrows and has a useless block breaking feature. Builder is a legitimately good kit because blocks are useful early game, and so are the platforms. Archer? Buying a bow while people are still bridging is rarely a good investment. Bowspamming is economical if you're not buying the arrows I suppose, but you don't get arrows fast enough to actually do that much. Archer is not overpowered.

Posted Apr 30, 2019
    PapiKirito likes this.
  2. I don't play Java, but I've seen Frosting be used on You Tube, and have seen a description. I think the best thing to do, is maybe just remove knockback from the snowballs as it can be used to knock players in the void. Also, you cannot attack a player as they could just move away so you cant hit them and strike you again. That is the best nerf I can think of.

Posted May 5, 2019
  3. I also believe that there are various changes that could be made to this kit to help balance it.
    It is understandable that as an achievement kit - players will want it to give them a significant advantage as it does take a lot of time and effort to unlock. I have read through the other comments and opinions given by players from the community - many ideas have a lot of potential to improve this kit and the game mode overall.

Personally, I would prefer if the slowness aspect is removed and substituted for the knockback effect that you see on games such as skywars.
    If the decision is fixed, and the slowness effect is to remain - I would love to hear peoples thoughts on the slowness effect not impacting players within a specific radius of you - for example slowness not being applied when hit with a snowball if you are within 4 blocks of your opponent, you would only be affected by the knockback.

Meaning the snowballs would only apply slowness to a player who is either chasing you at a distance and you want to give yourself time to run away. Or on the other hand, give you the time to catch someone who is more than 5 blocks away. This not only gives the kit an advantage which can be used effectively and strategically, but also allows players using other kits, a better chance when in close proximity of a player using the Frosting kit.

Posted Jun 3, 2019
    Jaekub likes this.
  4. I don't think it's possible to remove the knockback from snowballs, that's just been in the Minecraft code for a long time. Sorry to break it to ya, but it's true. Maybe it is, the way Mineplex can intercept packets being sent from the client. It just might be possible!

Posted Jun 3, 2019