• 551 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8989 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Frosting Class Balance Issues

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Necco, Mar 1, 2019.

?

Do you agree that Frosting either the unfun or overpowered?

1. Yes I agree that it is overpowerd.

39.1%
  2. Yes I agree that it is unfun

25.0%
  3. Yes I agree that it is both overpowered and unfun

26.1%
  4. No I do not think it is unfun, nor is it overpowered.

32.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Its an achievement kit,Its a reward for doing hard achievements.

Posted Apr 23, 2019
    Jaekub likes this.
  2. Doesn't mean it needs to be way better than every other kit in the game.

Posted Apr 28, 2019
  3. It really isn't. Yes, Frosting is good, but look at what it doesn't get. Frosting doesn't get anything for building and the Frosting Balls deal little KB and almost no damage. Yes, it's very good for combos, but a Nerf is planned for Frosting.

Posted Apr 28, 2019
  4. Frosting not getting anything for building doesn't mean anything, none of the other kits aside from builder do either and blocks are not hard to get.

Yeah it doesn't deal damage or too much KB but it applies slowness which means it's much easier for you to get trapped in a combo.

Posted Apr 28, 2019
  5. run away when hit... then they cant start a combo

Posted Apr 28, 2019
  6. Run where exactly? If I run to the 1 block wide bridges then they're going knock me off. If I try to run around the outer edge of the island then they can still catch up and get 1 or 2 free hits.

Posted Apr 28, 2019
  7. If you are on a 1 block wide bridge run diagonally so when the frost hits you, you are still on the bridge. It takes practice but its not hard to counter.

Also I meant when they try to combo you, run back a block or two and turn so they dont have the advantage of knockback on you.

Posted Apr 28, 2019
  8. This is the best way to counter frosting. You can also dodge Frosting and it won't affect you.

Posted Apr 28, 2019
    Dulciloquy and doeo like this.
  9. I dont think that 2nd thing in your post is going to work against a decent frosting user. They still might get some hits on you if they were close

Posted Apr 28, 2019
  10. It works for me...also like i said it takes practice

Posted Apr 28, 2019
  11. The argument of dodging shouldn’t really be used because one could make the argument of good prediction, where the frosting user has good aim and prediction.

Posted Apr 28, 2019
  12. Yeah...half the "you can counter" arguments are based on the person with frosting being less than skillful, which is entirely out of your control.

Posted Apr 28, 2019
  13. Practice your pvp, and Frosting will be just a normal kit, bye

Posted Apr 28, 2019
  14. I don’t see how practicing pvp will nullify the effects of slowness.

Posted Apr 28, 2019
  15. Well, you can use blocks, pearls, bows or you can direct pvp you opponent, frosting help players pvp as a bow user do, bow can be a rod and a sword, and a snowball is a rod that can give slowness, both arent invencible, and in my own opinion, Archer kit is OP if you are good with bows.

Posted Apr 28, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  16. Saying Archer is OP is like saying buying a bow and arrows on your own and being decent at archery is OP. The rest of your post is rather incoherent, but I'll address the parts that did make sense. Bows can be used as rods, but snowballs are much better at being rods than bows are. Obviously frosting isn't invincible, but it's pretty strong.

Posted Apr 28, 2019
  17. Been awhile since I commented on this, but here's where my thinking is at right now: Frosting is objectively better than at least archer and warrior, and that is a problem. It does give a pretty major advantage in pvp, but it's not even close to as OP as many on this thread make it out to be. Imo it is deserving of a small nerf, and slowness time does seem a tad long, so I get where that nerf is coming from. However, I think a better way to approach it would be to slash the maximum capacity to just 1 snowball and then to give warrior and archer a slight buff, because honestly those two kits are way too underpowered compared to frost and build. With just having the one snowball, frosting is still useful for a combo starter but has no room for error, making the kit much more manageable for the general masses.

Posted Apr 28, 2019
  18. Frosting Kit is good, and I think everyone could agree with this.

However, it is beatable and any kit can beat it if they do it right:

Place a block in front of the attacker
    Dodge the snowballs
    Get closer to the attacker
    Get on a bridge; negating the snowballs effectiveness
    2v1
    Get better gear

So while yes, if you don't employ a new strategy to beat Frosting with the exact same sword, armor, on flat land, and soloing them, you will lose. However, I think that is shouldn't be changed since the grind to get it is hard and it's not that hard to go against.

Posted Apr 28, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  19. But its really not. because you would then have to buy arrows wasting materials. so that comparison is not accurate

Posted Apr 29, 2019
  20. I'm honestly surprised this is still going on, because now it looks like flat out arguing instead of how/if to balance it out. There are ups and downs to every kit

Slowness: Seems to be part of the problem and people say "dodge" or "just pvp fast" etc. Something I usually encounter is that when they use it, the player who gets hit is at the entrance to a bridge and the other player launches them and speeds around them so that they can't catch up. A different situation is just in normal pvp, and if you're slowed down then the other player has an advantage in strafing while the others cannot. The slowed player may still be able to land a few hits if they're good, but not necessarily kill; that's what the frosting kit is entirely for.

Knockback: I can't say much, the knock back is something I don't think is used to the frosting's advantage. Unless you're on a bridge it could be used but if it's 3 blocks wide, frosting is not as bad as an archer hitting you off, you're just slowed

Achievements: Cake Wars is a big team game, so if you play consistently with a team that could carry you and you know the tips to the harder achievements then getting frosting is not as hard as intended. A lot of the time it's just who you play with; or for the kills, farming kills until you get what you need, cake rot, or the players quit because it's not fun. Grinding to get Frosting isn't as hard if you know how to do it properly, but even if some people get the kit not that many people use it. So if it's not that hard to get, then it shouldn't have a big advantage, just a little one.

Encountering a Frosting player is really just a one time thing for pvp, it doesn't help them with any other advantages in the game. I haven't really been launching an opinion too much but as a non frosting I do get annoyed by them sometimes.

Posted Apr 29, 2019
    Jaekub likes this.