• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2101 Players Online
  • 2101 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Frost Palace - Turf Wars

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by ItzCqnadian, May 25, 2019.

1. Hey guys, so I've been working on this map, and I figured I'd show it before I add all the data points (there are a lot). Images here --> https://imgur.com/a/iTSBrM4

Also, I wasn't sure if I should add barriers on the sides of the map, since you could use the bounceback that knocks you up to get onto the sides and into little crevasses. You can also go from the spawn sides and find some crevasses and walls to go into as well. With both situations, its still pretty easy to spot and shoot players, but I'd like to hear what you guys think. Would it be broken, or ok for strategy?

Thanks!

Posted May 25, 2019
    rockie777 and xOeuf like this.
  2. In my opinion, if you think it should be part of the map it should be a strategy, but if it gets a little bit extreme and everyone is doing it I think you should add barrier blocks. However, I think you should just add barrier blocks right now because if you could just hide there and snipe people off, it would be pretty unfair, also that's what the blocks the game gives you in the beginning is for, defense, so I think it would be a better idea to add barrier blocks now.

Posted May 25, 2019
  3. As long as you can't get out of map area then don't need to put barriers, if someone can be there, shot and hit someone, then that means they can be hit also. I use long snipe shots half the game, but that means I can get hit also.
    Frost palace sounds like an older map name they had years ago

Posted May 26, 2019
  4. I've recently been playing quite a lot of Turf Wars, and I love the look of this map. In my opinion the pallet you used makes it really nice to look at. As others have already said, if you can hit a player they can also hit you but I would probably add the barrier blocks in. Either way - good luck with your submission! It would be pretty cool to play on your map in the future. :)

Posted May 27, 2019
    Tours and Acerna like this.
  5. Hey there!
    Loving the looks of your map. I've never been an avid player of turf wars but I've always enjoyed the featured themes per game. This map introduces a new unique setting that will definitely bring some interesting qualities to the game. I love the detail eveywhere and in regards to the openings, as others have said, it'll be better if you include barrier blocks to avoid any confusion, map exploitiation and just rage in general. Otherwise, I am in love with your map and I hope to see it in game soon!

Posted May 31, 2019
  6. Heyo!

I absolutely love this map! The map has so much detail everywhere you did an amazing job. I can't wait to see your future maps. Keep up the good work.

Posted May 31, 2019
  7. I like this map. It has a unique theme to it that would add to Mineplex's turf wars. I also like how neatly the blocks were placed to create a tremendous amount of detail.

Posted May 31, 2019
  8. hey!

i thought i'd give you a little feedback on your TF map:

aesthetics -
    personally, i think there's a little too much detailing in the structure - it looks almost over done, in my opinion. you could try and make some areas of the detailing more distinct and obvious which would help to reduce that. in terms of the palette, you could use a few more contrasting blocks to give it more structure and to, again, reduce the appearance of the detailing looking all like one. the cross section for the surrounding walls is super repetitive, it could be nice to see something bigger which is repeated as it is more apparent with the smaller cross-sections.

gameplay -
    this is a personal preference, but i think maps play much better when there's something unique to the gameplay. you could try varying the playable area to give an interesting experience.

also - if you plan on submitting it, put barriers on the side ;p

if you have any questions, feel free to dm me
    ~ intox

Posted Jun 1, 2019
    MCCharity and powh like this.
  9. Hello, arcade GI. Overall, this map looks fairly good. My main person suggestion would be adding some "level" or elevation differences. A lot of the newer maps like Railroad tracks or Battle Of The heros (I think thats what Its called anyways) have two different main heights: the normal ground level, and a second level that is higher. I think it would make the game more interesting and fun if you added a 2nd level or add some obstacles like rocks so that way players won't get crossmaped as soon as the walk out of their spawn.

Posted Jun 1, 2019
  10. Hello!

This map looks not the best to me, but it still is quality. I don't really find anything unique with the map, for example, with the terrain, it's simply flat. That's all. It doesn't look good in my opinion, just a flat terrain. As a Map Tester, it looks very basic.

Like said above, add barriers to your map. Let me tell you that, it's important. Even if there's barriers, if there's a cheater who flies out, you've got a big problem on your hands, and your map wouldn't be accepted. Also, there's a lot of detail, but like I said, it's bland.

Good luck if you send it!

Posted Jun 1, 2019