• 2409 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8875 Players Online
  • 6466 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Friend has a Mineplex Map?

Discussion in 'Help' started by Sunny / Slash, Jul 14, 2019 at 8:51 AM.

1. So I joined a friends server which I'm helper on, and so he had the old tree map I think it is from mineplex java. I knew he took it from somewhere but with a quick look around I noticed a mineplex symbol. I asked him so many questions in which he either didn't respond or said maybe. Is this map an online map or something? I just wanna make sure he didn't steal it and maybe I could get the map. (btw this took place on bedrock) Proof: https://imgur.com/a/CZuSpsM

Posted Jul 14, 2019 at 8:51 AM
  2. There are downloads online for various different maps from Mineplex, none of them were given out by Mineplex themselves and was download through a mod which lets you download any world on any server.

I believe it is okay to download these worlds for things like renders or animations but you are not allowed to have these builds on your own server. The builds are the property of Mineplex and you could get in trouble for using them. I would advise you tell your friend this so he can change the map before he gets into trouble.

If its just a server between you and some friends, I think it should be okay, but if its public it will not be.

Posted Jul 14, 2019 at 8:54 AM
  3. It's a public server, there's over 100 people on the discord server...

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 14, 2019 at 8:57 AM
  4. I doubt anything major would happen, but your friend should still remove the maps. He isn't allowed to use them in that way. Sorry about that.

Posted Jul 14, 2019 at 9:03 AM
  5. You can download the mineplex map but he is not allowed to claim it as his or use it on his server.

Posted Jul 14, 2019 at 9:24 AM
  6. when I told him it was against mineplex rules he didn't really care, when I asked him how he said none of your business. https://imgur.com/a/TBskvDM

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 14, 2019 at 10:12 AM