• 1625 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8944 Players Online
  • 7319 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Forum Warning Points

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by Jet Starglaze, Jan 23, 2021.

?

Would you like to see this added?

1. Yeah!!

2. No (comment why)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. hey!

so imagine you come across a thread that was a reply with a warning, and you didn't know what it was. e.g someone was warned for "mini modding". if you didn't know what it was, my idea is that you could click or tap on the red message that says mini modding or whatever and it will take you to the rules page that explains that part.

e.g I come across a thread that has a user warned for mini modding, I didn't know what that was, I click on it, and it will take me to the part where it explains mini modding.

Posted Jan 23, 2021
  2. I think this is a good idea and may possibly be added in the future but I don't think that it's important enough to be added as soon as they can add it. In my opinion this isn't needed. Although because there are people that aren't sure what each warning point means/does, I'll go ahead and give this a +1

Posted Jan 23, 2021
  3. Hello!

I have to agree with @Cxltxn (koqel) in that this idea is very QoL. Although its not something super important I think adding this idea may give new(er) forum users a better understanding of how the rules are enforced and where the rules list can be found. From another perspective, there are many easy ways to find the rules page which has tabs for the website and in-game. These easy to find ways include under the "Support" button at the top of the screen, under the "useful" section at the bottom of the screen, and simply typing into a google browser "Mineplex Rules". I'm not going to say I absolutely want to see this added ASAP, but I'm also not going to flat out say it should never be added. If it's something easy to add and the website team doesn't have any issues with it then I'd fully support this idea.

Posted Jan 23, 2021
    koqel likes this.
  4. +1

Posted Jan 24, 2021
    koqel and Jet Starglaze like this.
  5. I believe we had something like this planned or it was talked about before, so I'll double-check that. If it wasn't talked about or anything beforehand I definitely think it can/should be a thing. Whether or not people actually use it is really something we can't conclude, but in the hopes that people do use it, that'd be great and might have people not break that rule as much/see what can actually fall under x rule.

Posted Jan 24, 2021
    Amg, koqel, NoHaxJustCats_ and 3 others like this.
  6. mm yes warning points, ik a thing or two about those

i like the idea

Posted Jan 24, 2021
    Jet Starglaze, koqel and xGetRekted like this.
  7. I think this is a great idea. This could help newer people on the forums who aren't aware of all the forum rules easily see what happened in a situation if that message occurs. While this isn't a top priority feature, if this gets added as a QoL update eventually I do believe that this will end up being helpful. Nice suggestion, have a great day!

- Lucas

Posted Jan 26, 2021
    Jet Starglaze likes this.
  8. Having first-hand experience with this sort of thing, - I agree, especially since, when does anyone actually look up the rules before making a post? Or look at the rules to anything? You can't really blame us because we're all the same. ;)

Posted Jan 29, 2021
  9. This is a wonderful idea that could be a simple QoL change to allow people to better understand the rules and expectations on forums. The warning points issued to a user are quite visible and having this appear under as an option allows for a player to easily readup on why a certain individual was punished. I would love to see this implemented! Great suggestion!

Posted Jan 29, 2021
  10. Yeah I could definitely see the use for something like this. Some rules especially minimodding are a bit vague just by looking at the name, and a newer player definitely wouldn't know exactly what that means. Adding something like this would for sure be beneficial to any new player who received warning points. It'll help their understanding so they don't break the same rule in the future. +1 from me, great idea!

Posted Jan 29, 2021
  11. didn't expect this idea to get this amount of support thx guys!! also regarding some people saying it's not urgent to add, can they not just hyperlink it? seems pretty straightforward to me.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 29, 2021