• 3001 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11374 Players Online
  • 8373 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Forum Vulnerability

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by 123, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Howdy,

I was just interested into what the websites uses and I found out that it uses an outdated jQuery library that contains 2 vulnerabilities.
    Synk website that contains information about the vulnerability: -unapproved link-

My suggestion is to update the jQuery library to the latest version to prevent the exploitation of these vulnerabilities.

Posted Apr 9, 2020
  2. Hello,

My suggestion for the website is to serve images (Header images, news article images...) in the next generation format (JPEG XR, WebP...). I'm currently on quite slow internet and Mineplex takes more than 10 seconds to load, but optimised websites take less than 3 seconds, this is mainly because of the images.

I hope that this could be implemented as it increases the experience of most users on the website.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 9, 2020
  3. Hello,

I have a suggestion related to the website. Currently images are cached for only one day, however images such as logo don't need to have such a low cache TTL. It'd be a huge leap in website load time to set the cache to at least 31d for images that do not often change. Especially for people such as me who are currently on slower internet.

Cache TTL = Time to live

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 9, 2020
  4. After more than a week this problem has not been resolved, what is the status on this?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 18, 2020
  5. Merged these 3 threads as all 3 have the same response; we will be leaving these for now as it's all depending on xenforo and other things. We will update these at a later time when we update/do/finish other updates first.

Posted Apr 18, 2020