• 2100 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7595 Players Online
  • 5495 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Forum Titles Idea

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by Repo, Jul 14, 2019 at 10:19 AM.

1. Hello everyone!

I wanted to discuss an idea that came up on my mind just a couple of hours ago and I thought it might be a fun little feature to add to the forums.

As you read the title, the idea is gonna be focusing on forum titles. What I was thinking is that when you get a certain amount of forum posts you will get a new title. For example, as you know when you get 50 posts on the forums you will go from "New Member" to "Member" For me that sounds kind of simple and not intriguing. Here is a list of what I'm hoping it would be like.

Members
    ---------------------------
    10 posts or Below = Forums Rookie
    50 posts = Forums Veteran
    100 posts = Forums Expert
    150 posts = Forums Master
    200 posts = Forums Legend
    300+ posts = Forums God

Special ( Staff+ )
    Builder = Building my way downtown..
    Trainee = Training to be the best!
    Moderator = I feel good ༼-つ-◕_◕-༽つ
    Sr.Mod = ( Anything )
    Dev = ( Anything )
    Admin ( Anything )
    [ couldn't think of good ones for these, all the ones I made are personal and can be alternated ]

I find these titles much better than the current ones. I see only one problem with this, and I can already see people replying to the thread, It's Post Boosters. People might Post Boost their way to these titles, the post boosting rule is currently being discussed and if It goes through this can be a good potential idea to think of.

Posted Jul 14, 2019 at 10:19 AM
    RedditCredit, ✦ Goudge and Acerna like this.
  2. Hey.

I see no problem with this suggestion and I don't think it would be that hard to code in. Whoever, you didn't state enough information about it. For example: Will we be able to enable or disable titles? Will we be able to switch between lower and higher tier titles? Will there be a progress bar just like there is one for in-game titles?

Despite that, I personally would like to see this suggestion get added to the forums.

Posted Jul 14, 2019 at 10:28 AM
    Repo and Acerna like this.
  3. So I'm kind of mixed on this idea. Personally creating forum titles based on the amount of posts you've made will only encourage Post Boosting in order to achieve titles. I feel that they should be awarded based on numerous factors. Regarding staff titles though I support it as it seems creative and there would be no competition whatsoever. Maybe an idea for Sr. Mod would be Making my team the best!

Posted Jul 14, 2019 at 10:43 AM
    Repo likes this.
  4. Actually it wouldn't need to be coded in! Xenforo (the platform Mineplex uses for their website) has titles built in by default, and they are fully customizable through the admin panel.

If I understand the suggestion correctly, these titles wouldn't be something new being implemented, they would just be new names for the preexisting titles like this one:
    [​IMG]

Therefore, I don't see Post Boosters as a flaw of this suggestion. Boosters can already be motivated to get– for example– the Well-Known Member title. This wouldn't change, however the titles would simply be more suited towards Mineplex.

I really like this idea, as the current titles are quite boring, to be completely honest. It would be a very simple change for the web team to make, yet it would be a big improvement for the forums in my opinion. +1

Posted Jul 14, 2019 at 11:07 AM
  5. I really like this idea. It would be cool to have it in the forums. The only things is, I think it should take more posts to get to these titles.

Posted Jul 14, 2019 at 11:28 AM
  6. I feel like I remember something like this existed a long time ago on the old enjin website (like 2015-2016.) Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I remember there being award badges people received for achieveing a certain # of posts.

Anyway I like the idea. Although, I’d consider changing the amount of posts people need to get the rewards, thinking of long-term effects. 300 posts may seem like a lot now, but keep in mind the forums is still relatively new. Fast forward 2 years from now and I’m sure a lot of people will have 300 posts. Also if you look at the noteable members page, a few users already have 1000 posts. It won’t be long before someone reaches 2000.

I’d say it should be...
    10 - Rookie
    50 - Veteran
    250 - Expert
    500 - Master
    1000 - Legend
    2000 - God

Posted Jul 14, 2019 at 12:06 PM
    anuenue likes this.
  7. Hey!

I actually really like the idea of changing up the forum titles names, however I actually do see how this can cause an issue with post-boosting, like you said. Personally I think that the titles shouldn't be based on how many posts a player has, but instead a mixture of things, such as @January34 claimed. I think a system that would be nice would be a trophy system. You gain trophies for meeting certain requirements on the forums, and the trophies would dictate what title you have. Here's a few that I could think of;

- Link your Minecraft Character (Java or Bedrock)
    - Reach 25 Forum Posts
    - Reach 50 Forum Posts
    - Reach 100 Forum Posts
    - Reach 250 Forum Posts
    - Reach 500 Forum Posts
    - Gain 5 Likes
    - Gain 25 Likes
    - Gain 50 Likes
    - Gain 100 Likes

And of course, there should be others that can be completed, but these are the ones I could think of off the top of my head. This way, it doesn't only involve posting on the forums, but making sure that the posts are of quality, the user is active on the forums, etc. But that's just my personal take on what would be best.

Posted Jul 14, 2019 at 4:41 PM
    Sakeusi likes this.
  8. Hello!

Personally, I think that this idea is a good concept at first but will generate post boosting as said multiple times above. This flaw cannot be disregarded as it's a whole new ball park releasing more titles to achieve as compared to the current New Member > Member titles. This increased amount would definitely increase forum activity. However, after a certain period of time it will get almost competitive and posts will become more repetitive.

The other concept that I really like about the current titles is the equality it possesses. Regardless of how many posts and likes a player has shouldn't increase creditability / validation. In my opinion the current system ideally values that and hence why we see more wholesome posts made out of heart (and not just to gain a title).

That was very devil's advocate of me.
    SourSky

Posted Jul 14, 2019 at 5:26 PM
  9. I like it!

Posted Jul 14, 2019 at 7:48 PM
  10. I generally like the idea. I remember this being a part of enjin awhile back with the user being able to achieve badges for certain forum goals. I don't remember them specifically but I like your general idea. I don't know what I specifically would want the rank names to be, but I like it nonetheless.

Posted Jul 15, 2019 at 11:22 AM