• 1461 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5043 Players Online
  • 3582 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Forum Signature Guide

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by allumee, Jun 24, 2019.

1. :mineplex: FORUM SIGNATURES :mineplex:

So we all know how hard it is, especially for newer members, to figure out how to make your forum signature look nice and well put together right?
    Well, look no further I got all the information you'll need to make a simple yet professional looking forum signature in no time.

TOPIC 1: Some General Information

Firstly, you'll need to find the forum signature editor which can be found in your profile settings, if you click the icon on the far right in the bottom right of your screen it will take you there. Secondly, in order to create and manage a good looking forum signature, you're gonna need to be familiar with BBCode. BBCode is basically, in simpler terms, the language the forum signature editor uses to manage images, gifs, links, text, etc. and it's pretty tricky to get a handle on at first. You'll see me give some examples throughout the thread, make sure to REMOVE THE SPACES in between the brackets and letters that are in the examples below. Thirdly, the toolbar at the top of the editor will help you avoid using a good amount of BBCode so take advantage of it. Fourth and finally, don't get stressed out when trying to make your signature if its not coming together the way you want it to, always ask a fellow member of the server or a Staff Member for help!

TOPIC 2: Using Images and GIFs

Ok so if you want to put a fancy picture or gif in your forum signature, you'll need to first upload it to here, don't worry its free, safe, and doesn't require an account to do so. After you upload your photo or gif, navigate to the top right of your newly uploaded photo/gif and click on the three dots. After that you will navigate down to the section titled Get Share Links which should be the first option. Click on that and select BBCode (Forums), which should be the third available option, and copy the code. From there you can go right back to the forum signature editor, which looks like this and simply paste the code you copied right into the editor.

TOPIC 3: Simple Commands

Here are some simple and easy commands that will go a long way towards helping you achieve a fancy forum signature (make sure you remove the spaces when using them):
    [ center ] Text Here [ /center ] - Center-aligns your text.
    [ color=red ] Text Here [ /color ] - Will color your text. Insert about any color where "red" is for the same effect.
    [ quote="Name here" ] Text here [ /quote ] - Inserts a quote
    [ size= number ] Text Here [ /size ]
    [ b ] Text Here [ /b ] - Bolds your text
    [ I ] Text Here [ /I ] - Italicizes your text
    [ u ] Text Here [/u] - Underlines your text

TOPIC 4: Using and Embedding Links

This tends to get a bit trickier then you would think. It's easy to put a link anywhere, all you have to do is type the url such as: https://mineplex.com or select the link button in the toolbar, but that's ugly and old school. What you want for a forum signature is a link to be embedded into a word(s). For instance look at my signature, you can see the words "My Profile", "Apply for Staff", and "Help and Support" are actually links that send you to certain webpages. In order to do this, you will have to use this command. Insert your url where the Mineplex url is, and whatever you want that link to be embedded into put where the word "Mineplex" is. Simply insert that wherever you want it in the editor to get that effect.

That's about it, you should be able to put together a simple, yet professional looking forum signature with the information given above. It's also good to know this all applies to making a thread in the forums as well. Like I said in topic 1, always make sure to ask a fellow Mineplex member or Staff Member for help whenever you need it. Thanks for reading all of that if you did and I hope it helps, pm me for any questions. Have a good rest of your day/night! - allumee

Posted Jun 24, 2019
  2. Wow, thank you for this handy guide! It personally took me forever to come up with a signature but with this guide I may fix mine up a little to make it cleaner and more interesting. This was helpful and informative, just the way a guide should be, and I appreciate the time you've taken to write this for others.

P.S. Welcome to the forums, or if it is a new account, welcome back.

Posted Jun 24, 2019
    allumee likes this.
  3. No problem and thank you!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 24, 2019
  4. Thank you for creating this guide, it's very helpful!
    I just used it to create my current signature. I didn't know BB code was this easy, for all the time since I've seen it first I thought it was just some complicated code thing and didn't even bother with it.
    I've been wanting to change my signature for a while, but I didn't know how to upload images or anything, so again, thank you so much.

ps; I was using your first post before you deleted it lol

Posted Jun 24, 2019
    allumee likes this.
  5. Haha no problem and yeah sorry about that, I originally labeled topics 2 and 3 the same so I had to go back a change it lol

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 24, 2019
  6. Hey there!

I think this guide is really helpful for those who want to fancy up their signature. It's really cool that you're able to do this on the forums, easily. Thanks for making this guide! I'll be making my next signature using these codes next time.

Have a great rest of your day!

-JYTG

Posted Jun 25, 2019
    allumee likes this.
  7. Im glad I could help :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 25, 2019
    JYTG likes this.
  8. I really loved your post. Wish I could have written it myself! Most of my signatures are always <3 cause I love to spread love as much as possible :)

Posted Jun 25, 2019
    allumee likes this.
  9. This is a very handy guide and well done. Props to you!

Posted Jun 25, 2019
    allumee likes this.
  10. Heyo!
    Thanks for the great guide! I'm sure it will help many in creating their favorable signature. Signatures can stand out and represent who you are or what you want people to know about you. Personally, I do not have a signature because I believe a simple message will suffice, but there are some really neat signatures that people have created! I'm sure there will be many more to come thanks to your helpful tips :) Thanks!

Posted Jun 30, 2019
    allumee likes this.
  11. Thank you sooo much! This is very helpful and now I finally have a decent looking signature! :D

Posted Jun 30, 2019
    allumee likes this.
  12. No problem haha, always happy to help!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 3, 2019
  13. Nice guide!

Posted Jul 11, 2019 at 3:01 AM
    allumee likes this.
  14. Nice guide, helpful for people who need a signature. I will sure use this in the future.

Posted Jul 11, 2019 at 3:28 AM
    allumee likes this.
  15. Hey there!
    This is definitely a very useful guide for players interesting in customizing their profile. Signatures have really become an iconic piece of the forums ever since enjin and I'm glad they've moved on to incorporating it into Xen. I can't wait to see the creative work players can bring with their signatures. Thank you for this guide, I'm sure a lot of players will benefit from it.

Posted Jul 11, 2019 at 3:40 AM
    allumee likes this.
  16. OH
    MY
    GOD

you’re an absolute angel. Thank you for making this guide. When I started out on the Mineplex forums, I WISH I would have had throw guide to help out LOL! I think a lot of the times these things can be intimidating to new users so I’m glad to see you take the helm and share your knowledge.

Posted Jul 11, 2019 at 7:30 AM
    allumee likes this.
  17. Thanks for the great guide. I've been on this website since the day it was released, and I was on enjin for a few years and still had trouble with my signature. For me, and the newer people, this is a massive help and I can't thank you enough for it.

Posted Jul 11, 2019 at 11:38 AM
    allumee likes this.
  18. Hahaha, I'm glad you guys approve of it! I agree with Tours, I'm so glad they kept forum signatures in the newer site, it was always one of the cooler tools in Enjin in my opinion. Have a good day guys!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 11, 2019 at 1:15 PM