• 1574 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9969 Players Online
  • 8395 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Official Forum Event Suggestions Thread

Discussion in 'Events' started by Marzie, May 19, 2019.

1. Hey everyone!

The events team is looking for some new ideas for forum events! This thread is where you can discuss forum event ideas that you want to see either make a comeback or give us some new ideas we haven't done before.

What's a forum event?
    Forum events are events that are based on the forums and are run by ES, EA and sometimes have help from FNs and FMs. Examples of a forum event would be story creation, skin contests, scavenger hunts, and much more including bingo! You can also win prizes in forum events if you win!

How do I suggest a forum event?
    You post your idea here on this thread! All you need is the following:
    Forum event name:
    What the event is:
    Description/info of event:
    What we need (if anything) for this event:

Learn about Event Squad and Event Assistance teams here.
    You can find all our planned and upcoming events here.

Any questions or concerns can go to myself or another Event Squad member (you can find them at mineplex.com/staff or in the Event Squad and Event Assistance link above) or you can post them below. Cheers!

Posted May 19, 2019
    Disgruntle and BREEZLET like this.
  2. Forum event name: Clans Gladiators

What the event is: It is like gladiators but in clans

Description/info of event: It will be a 1v1 or a 2v2 and the player would either have rares (enchanted stuff), legends or a mount with a champions kit. They would have to fight eachother for it and the winner proceeds to the next one until there is 1 person (or team) standing
    The winner will get a legendary or a rare.

What we need (if anything) for this event: Armour, rares, mounts (horses) and legendary weapons.

Tell me what you think of my idea!

The main point of my idea is that since Clans is the most popular gamemode on the network (apart from Cakewars), that this will keep them interested. Also, I’m pretty sure some people haven’t even had their hands on a rare or a legendary weapon before so it would be nice for them to try them out and make them even more interested!

Posted May 19, 2019
  3. Clan events you'd have to talk to a CM about, we don't really mess with clans let alone allowed to bring legendaries and such out of the clans server as they aren't coded anywhere else. Also, keep in mind this is for forum events not in-game ones. When we get our event server back we'll have an official in-game suggestion thread go up.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 19, 2019
  4. Forum event name: Naming the staff theme (it will make sense later)
    What the event is: Changing the names of staff members to fit a certain theme.
    Description/info of event: The event starts off by the event host picking a theme. After that people can post their twist of a staff member name, which will fit the theme. Example: theme is outerspace, Marzie gets Marsie. This event could be repeated a lot because of an endless number of themes that could be used.
    What we need (if anything) for this event:

Posted May 19, 2019
  5. Forum event name: Guess that staff member
    What the event is: Guessing staff members
    Description/info of event: There will be a list of names and you have to guess what rank they are e.g: Trainee, Sr Mod, Admin ect and also guess what sub-team they're on!
    What we need (if anything) for this event: A list of all staff members with their rank and sub-teams!

Posted May 19, 2019
    AlienHi5 likes this.
  6. I have 2 here

@coralines thought part of this (I originally thought this could be backward name day; like Cupi --> ipuC, but she changed it to backward post day)
    1. Name: Backwards Post Day

What it is: Posts anywhere besides Idea Discussion will be turned backward!

Description: Any posts (Not including titles, but including threads) on anywhere besides Idea Discussion (cuz thats the most important) will be turned backward! This can maybe be hosted on like from April 1st-April 7th (April Fools week)!

2. I give credit to @Wolfayy for this!

Name: Guess the Player by the Avatar!

What it is: Guessing a player by their avatar (the player can NOT have a default one!)

Description: A bunch of players avatars will be chosen, then hosted! If a player guesses the avatar, it should go in a filter of answers that is only viewable after answering. Also, you can't edit your answer! The filter is viewable after answering because if someone answers, someone will probably search to make sure the answer is correct, and it ruins the point of the event, and also, you can't edit your answer.

What you need to do: Ask some players who are chosen "You were chosen for the Avatar Event. Do you want your avatar to be hosted?" The avatar cannot be obvious like where it says someone's name on it, and the player can't have under 50 posts, because then it'd be hard.

Posted May 24, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator May 24, 2019
    joerock777 likes this.