• 1946 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4030 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Football/Soccer game?

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Dan1el, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Yeah, this type of Mini-game was previously featured on Mineplex way back and it included hitting a slime across the soccer field and obviously scoring a goal. I think the main issue of it was the fact that most of the people on the pitch just preferred to do their own thing and just watch their team lose while 1 guy is trying to save the team. That's probably one of the reasons why it was removed and other hub mini-games were added. To be honest, I mean like you can't really screw over your team on Gladiators because you are your team if you know what I mean. It was a fun game-mode but thanks to Mineplex's glitchy lobbies I feel that if they bring it back I would be stuck looking at a floating slime/soccer ball for 45 seconds in the air waiting for it to come down and then eventually realizing that the lobby/me is lagging.
    I've seen this posted before and it's great to see that some people really enjoyed the game or never even got the opportunity. Maybe it will make it's return one day, guess we'll just have to find out.

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  2. Holaaaa

I really like the idea of a soccer type game being implemented in Nano Games. A few years back while hanging out in lobby I would usually play the soccer game inside the lobby. The game you are suggesting has some of the basics of the lobby game with a twist. This game was really fun and I wouldn’t mine seeing a new version of it come back.

As for the mechanics of the game I was thinking of a split of two teams within the lobby. The game would then continue for a few minutes and whichever team had the most points won. Another suggestion I saw above was more of a one on one type game mode. This would be similar to gladiator and the person with the most goals between the alternating rounds would win. All in all I would really like to see this idea implemented.

Posted Oct 14, 2019

3. Thank you for your great feeback! :)
    --- Post updated ---

Hey! You've got some nice ideas here! As you said, there is many ways that we could put this game together. I think that the devs need to find out which way that would be the most entertaining one. But, we've got the main idea which many people seem to like, so that's great!
    --- Post updated ---
    Hey! Thank you for great feedback!

I like your suggestion about a "Pong" style. This could be very, very fun. After I made this thread I realized that there is so many opportunities with this. We can make Football/Soccer, a "Pong" style as you suggested, Volleyball, and many more.
    --- Post updated ---

Yes, it was a fun game in the lobbies, but I think it's time to bring it back again with some twists/changes. There can be many versions of this game, and I think adding it into NANO Games would be a great solution to make it even more fun, so I think that this could be a popular game again!
    --- Post updated ---

Yes, as I've said, there can be so many different versions in this game, and therefore I think it could be easy to bring it back with some new changes/twists. Thank you the gread feedback! :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 15, 2019
    Epicbuilder435 likes this.
  4. I actually really enjoyed the soccer mini lobby game mineplex had years ago. Even though it wasn't all that popular, it gave me something to do as I relaxed and talked in one of the lobbies.

I'm not the biggest fan of nano games, however, I think if more games such as this one were added to the rotation, I would play the game more often. Therefore, I am all for it +1.

Posted Oct 15, 2019
    Dan1el likes this.
  5. If they had the football/soccer game I am going to play it all day! I love that game and have lots of good stratgies from that games.

Posted Oct 15, 2019
    Dan1el likes this.