• 3237 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13948 Players Online
  • 10711 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Flying in hub.

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Daneli1, Feb 15, 2020.

?

Should every ranked players fly in hub?

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. No

31 vote(s)
    64.6%
  3. I love you!

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am going to get straight into this, so why can't every rank fly in hub? I think it is unfair to people without immortal or staff because people would be jealous. Also when people get get a high rank, they get more attention because everyone only likes them for their rank; let everyone fly because I also get jealous and so do others. This will probably be a bad idea, since everyone is flying and it would be laggy. I saw today people going to the immortal ranked people because everyone wants to fly and think they are special. Everyone wants to have a friend in minecraft, so let everyone be equal and have fun flying!

Thank You! Have a great 3 day weekend!
    Happy late Valentines Day!

Posted Feb 15, 2020
  2. Flying in hub generally is restricted to certain groups because it would cause mass confusion. Due to it being a new addition, most players at first glance would assume flying players in lobbies to be cheating, when they're in fact not.

Posted Feb 15, 2020
    boibary likes this.
  3. I don’t feel like it’s necessary to add fly to other ranks.
    I feel like if people are going to purchase immortal, it needs to have features separate from other ranks which people want. In my opinion, fly is one of those features that makes the rank worth purchasing.
    Giving every rank access to fly would be pretty confusing, and it would also cause a lot of lag. It would also de-value immortal rank in my opinion.

Posted Feb 15, 2020
  4. I don't really understand this argument. Jealousy is usually an emotion you would feel if someone else has something that you don't have the means to obtain. In this case, it's just a rank purchasable on our website, so at least for the short term, this should be feasible for most everyone. Also, it's good that you feel this is a perk that other people would want, it means that the perks we chose for the rank were desirable which is always the goal.

I agree that having friends who share your hobbies is really awesome. It's also totally doable with no rank on our server, or a lower rank than Immortal. I really hope these ranks aren't affecting who someone chooses to be friends with, if they are, that's not a great type of friend anyway.

Like @Scruffydoggy said, this could cause confusion within our moderation team as it would be much more difficult to determine who is hacking. Essentially, we wouldn't be able to ban for fly hacking in lobbies, when that would be preferable to do before they are able to ruin a game.

Lasly, flying in hubs is a solely cosmetic perk, it really does not provide anything at all to gameplay, and it's not the most exciting feature the game has to offer. Overall, I don't agree that every rank should get this perk, it's unique to Immortal and that seems fitting to me.

Posted Feb 15, 2020
    boibary, Korben, fallacious and 6 others like this.
  5. That was literally the argument made before immortal came out, you can't make it again for other ranks

Posted Feb 15, 2020
    DaGourmand and Fall like this.
  6. I can though, the percentage of players that have Immortal is low, and it will continue to get lower every month from here on out. If every single ranked player has access to this ability, the percentage of people that are not detected as hackers in the lobby will only go up. We wouldn't be able to catch any ranked hacker in the lobby that might be prone to using a flying ability in game, we would only be able to catch rankless players. As it stands currently, we can still catch anyone that is not an active Immortal subscriber, which is a much larger percentage of the community.

Posted Feb 15, 2020
    Fallen™, crazygeek516 and xEspe0n like this.
  7. Then can you tell me why the argument about moderation was made before Immortal was created?

Posted Feb 15, 2020
  8. Flight in the hub is meant to be exclusive to the Immortal rank and so if Mineplex were to give it to all ranked players, then they're just creating one less reason not to want the Immortal rank, which from a business point of view, would not be a very good move.

Posted Feb 15, 2020
  9. I feel like flight being only restricted to Immortal rank is fine, that's the reason why many players purchase the rank. And personally I don't think that having Immortal makes you popular, people may just be curious and check out the players in the lobby and go on. That's usually what happens to me when I'm sitting in lobbies.

Posted Feb 15, 2020
  10. Heyo!
    I don't think this would be a great addition. It would look very chaotic if all ranks were allowed to fly. It would also look very confusing, due to special cosmetics and suits that let you fly. So all in all, this would both make the lobby very laggy, and very chaotic.
    Cheers!
    ~Sean

Posted Feb 16, 2020
    BaEconic likes this.
  11. I think it's fine that it remains how it is honestly. Anyone is able to purchase immortal, and if you like the perks it's not that hard to get. It would be laggy and confusing if everyone had access to it. Plus, in events - like lobby games (building), stuff in lobby-1, etc would be chaotic if everyone was able to just go around flying and distracting everyone. So in general, -1 to your idea.

Posted Feb 19, 2020
  12. Gonna disagree with everyone who says it would cause confusion. It probably wouldn't. That said, it's fine as a subscription-based perk only. It's a solid perk for a rank that will make the server money long term and sustainably. If you're jealous about this sort of thing, pull out your wallet or stop being jealous.

Posted Feb 19, 2020
  13. TBH, i think it should be something higher ranks should have. Maybe Legend or higher should have the /fly perk.

Posted Feb 19, 2020
  14. Flight in the hub is one of the perks I think should be exclusive to Immortal only, solely because it offers an incentive to players to purchase a subscription. It’s one of the more obvious perks that’s seen in lobbies and if we give every rank flight, all it’s going to do is devalue the rank.
    I can agree with this to a certain extent. I mean everyone before the update was already not “equal” in a way as ranks existed such as Eternal with many perks like hosting an MPS, creating communities, etc. In my opinion, “making everyone equal” isn’t much of a valid point if we already have ranks in the first place.
    Going to have to agree with him on this. Jealousy is not something we can really control, it’s something you should solve on your own. There’s a reason why Immortal was given so many different perks, making it more exclusive and in long-term, will give us a lot of sales. We’re not going to take away a perk and give it to everyone just because someone’s jealous and isn’t much of an argument when ranks already existed before Immortal.

Posted Feb 22, 2020
  15. Hello,
    As others have brought up, it really wouldn't work well for all ranks to have access to fly. This is one of the key perks that makes Immortal exclusive and desirable, and after no rank having fly for so long, it really would not make sense to add it to all ranks now, especially so soon after giving it to just Immortal. As for the mindset that it is perhaps "unfair" for one rank to have fly, that is the nature of having different tiers of ranks on any server. By giving each rank increasing perks, it allows players the option to purchase the rank that they think has the best value of features. If we treat fly like this and give it to every rank, where can we draw the line with other exclusive perks? How can we pick and choose which ones are and aren't OK to leave exclusive? My point is that it is problematic in several ways to take a perk from the top rank and pass it on to every rank. Another issue that comes to mind is fly hacking in lobbies. With just Immortal having fly, it is very unlikely that any alt or blatant hacker would be using hacks (such as fly) with the monthly subscription rank. However, it we gave this feature to every rank, it would practically enable any player to hide their hacks in the lobby with ease, as even those without a rank would be hard to pick out in a lobby full of flying players. Thank you for suggesting this, but I just do not think it would be beneficial to give every rank fly, so I will be giving this a -1. Have a nice day!

Posted Feb 23, 2020
    ShutUpMyChild :) likes this.
  16. I personally don't think ranked players should be able to fly in hub because this feature was added specifically for immortals. Mineplex most likely did this as another perk that people would really want. Therefore, if you want to fly in hub, you would have to buy the monthly immortal rank subscription which would also benefit mineplex.

Posted Feb 23, 2020
  17. I agree with you 100%, it is very fun to report lobby hackers. It would be a shame to give them opportunities to hide their wrongdoings.

Posted Feb 23, 2020
  18. You can't keep using the excuse of moderation issues if flying in hub was denied in the first place just for that.

Posted Feb 24, 2020
  19. I agree a lot with you.

Posted Feb 24, 2020
  20. Hey!

I just can’t help but disagree with this thread. Players that purchased Immortal have that feature, they paid for it, that might have been the only reason they bought Immortal, so to add it to every rank would really be a “slap in the face” to those that had bought Immortal seeing as flying in lobbies was one of their exclusive features. Moreover, as I’m sure many above have stated, in doing this it makes it hard to differentiate those who are cheating from those who are just flying. So no, I would not like to see this be added.

Posted Feb 25, 2020
    boibary likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.