• 3915 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12387 Players Online
  • 8472 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Fix this game. Seriously.

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by superblaze27, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Keeping this short.

Remove snowballs-- too op, not fair, not fun.

Add solo Cakewars-- don't know why this isn't already a thing.

Posted Feb 27, 2020
  2. About removing snowballs, I can see where you’re coming from here. The snowballs can get a bit overpowered but a lot of people have spent a large amount of time earning the achievement kit. Even though I don’t have it, it would be unfair to just take it away. Many people have worked extremely hard for it. I’m sure there would be a bit of uproar if it was taken away. Maybe putting a limitation on the snowballs or something to decrease the frosting spamming would help but removing it would only cause controversy. +0 for this idea.

As for Solo Cake Wars, it’s never been implemented because it would split the playerbase of Cake Wars. Plus, Cake Wars is really meant to be a team game. I’m not sure many people would play the Solos either and I’m not for adding it. I like Cake Wars the way it is. This won’t be implemented though do to the splitting of the Cake Wars community and playerbase. It wouldn’t work out for the best. For this idea, -1.

Posted Feb 27, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  3. I’ve actually heard that gi has planned to remove the slowness from the snowballs so frost spammers don’t always win. Solo cakewars is also probably not happening since there’s duos and a very small playerbase

Posted Feb 27, 2020
  4. Hi there!

About the frosting, I can understand a lot of players who are against this, I personally don't mind the snowballs as long as they are nerfed, which fortunately, the GI team has plans to remove it's slowness! But the snowballs at this moment are pretty good but I wouldn't so much say overpowered, let me explain why. When you think about it compare Frosting to Builder, if someone frosts you, you can just place a block and platform and defend yourself make there frosting useless, but if you're warrior/archer and someone frosts you, you'll most likely get put in a combo which is my opinion yes it's a bit overpowered, I don't think people in leather should be killing people in full iron because they have a combo starter from snowballs. But snowballs aren't really that bad and are pretty easy to defend against, so personally I am not here with you on getting this removed just nerfed which I already said GI has a document set up for it.

Moving onto the solo Cakewars, no. I am 90% sure this will not happen, simply because of the player count if the player count was greater maybe we could have added this but if this were to be added I'm sure all of the modes of Cake Wars will drop in player counts a lot, meaning each game will start slower making people angry, and at night time this will make the Cake Wars games most likely not even start unless people go into 1 gamemode, and at night most of the time only Cake wars 4 will start, imagine this will 3 different gamemodes, I worry that no games will start whatsoever. So personally I am against you with this idea.

Here are my 2 opinions and I'll be giving both of these a -1. Thanks for hearing me out. :)

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Feb 28, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 and boibary like this.
  5. Heyo!
    I understand your frustration about this topic, but I'm going to have to say no. I've seen so many threads that address either a nerf to frosting or a remove to it completely, but I'm going to disagree. This would upset many players, that got the achievement kit and that would be totally unfair. Adding solo is semi-possible. Simply do an MPS in order to 1v1 anyone. I know this may not be the same for Defaults, Ultras and Heroes, but as you're eternal, you won't have a problem. I'm not saying MPS will solve the issue, but this urges people to want to buy legend, also helping out the server at the same time.

Overall a -1 for the first bit and for the second idea:
    I honestly don't mind if it is added or not.

Cheers!
    ~Sean

Posted Feb 28, 2020
    OnceAnL_ likes this.
  6. Ok, other people have already addressed frosting being removed, I agree with them, -1

As for adding solo CW it has been suggested before and denied because it would "split the player base" which would increase the waiting time for games which they don't want, they did say they would consider it if mineplex's player count increased though

Posted Feb 28, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 likes this.
  7. GI has a proposed change to remove snowballs so we are in luck there! The slowness is what puts the kit over the edge as it is a much more powerful version of rod. Mobility does wonders in PvP and if someone cannot move very well, killing them will be quite straight forward. For balance, snowballs should now generate once every 5 seconds.

Solo Cake Wars is a big no from me. This will split the community as each respective game will get less players and take longer to start. Moreover, the team aspect of the game will be taken away as there will be lots of cake trading because there is no teammate to defend. You can either be aggressive and lose your cake or stay back but it will bore you out quickly. As an intermediate game, solo CW will also be slower paced that duos or standard.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted Feb 29, 2020
    Korben (gone) likes this.