• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Fix Store Prices

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by WorthyBandit, Feb 22, 2019.

?

Do you agree with my prices?

1. Yes,I love them.

2. No,I want the same prices.

3. I have my own ideas for the shops prices. (Please reply to this thread with your prices)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. WorthyBandit

WorthyBandit

Hello there!

The current store prices are ridiculous,why does a game amplifier cost 6.99$ when you can buy Power play for 6.99$ get 2 game amplifiers with a TON of other perks.
    Chests are simply OVERPRICED,2.49$ for a mythical chest??? You can get Ultra for 1.99$ and get a mythical chest every month,not mentioning all of the other perks the rank includes.All of the chests are OVERPRICED.If I could sell my chests for that amount I would be a millionaire.I mean I would make around a dollar from almost every cake wars win.
    I suggest these prices:

For every 1,000 shards - 0.05$ Which would make Mythical Chests 0.50$ (Up to 10,000 shards)

For every 1,000 shards - 0.04$ Which would make an Illuminated Chest 0.80$ (Above 10,000 shards)

Game amplifiers should be 71.7% cheaper. (2$) Bundle of 3 should be 5$ and bundle of 5 should be 7-7.50$

All of the bulk treasure chests should have the same discounts,so an example would be 50 mythical chests for 50$ which makes it 60% cheaper so if my prices were applied,then that bulk would cost 10$ which I think players would start considering these prices,since chests are only for cosmetics and shouldn't be that expensive.

Color Splash should be lowered to 5$ since 10$ is pretty ridiculous,unless you would make them non level dependant,so you get the same particles as lvl 100's.As it is currently one color for every 10 lvls which for most players makes it not worth purchasing.

Thanks for reading this and please vote!

If you have any other ideas which involves the shops prices please reply down below.

EDIT: What happened to RANK UPGRADES? I think they should added back,for me it wasn't a huge problem,a bit annoying since I lost 4$ cause I had Hero,but imagine a Titan losing 15$,I would be very annoyed.

Posted Feb 22, 2019,
    Last edited Feb 22, 2019
  2. james610

james610

Yeah the amplifier price is really dumb compared to the PPC price. Price should be more than halved, 60% is ok but maybe even a little bit more.

Agree with the chests too. Chests are so expensive for what you actually get, it's insane. Looks at Ultra price oh look a mythical every month, for cheaper than the price of one chest on its own (not to mention a bunch of other stuff with Ultra).

Yeh it's kinda silly, lol.

Posted Feb 22, 2019
  3. Vocaloiid

Vocaloiid

Rank upgrades are still there I believe, it's just really hard to find (Maybe a corporate trick to get people to pay the full price? A pretty normal business practice do I wouldn't be surprised). I agree about the amplifier prices being unfair (In terms of PPMC), but not the bundles or chest prices. Those prices in itself seem wayyy too cheap. Singular amplifiers should not be the same price as PPMC though.

Posted Feb 22, 2019
    SkarmMines likes this.
  4. james610

james610

Update: I mentioned this on Discord and someone suggested that it could be a marketing trick to make people think PPC and ranks are more worth the money if they get you expensive perks.

What do you make of that?

Posted Feb 22, 2019
  5. WorthyBandit

WorthyBandit

It's very easy to get chests nowadays since you will get around 1,000 shards from a decent game.
    I think they should be lowered to those prices since nobody really buys them,maybe it's different on Bedrock,but on java I think those prices are suitable,if you compare them to rank perks,you can get Ultra rank and even with my prices you wait 3 months and you have a free rank with LOTS of perks(4 Mythical chests in 3 months).Rank upgrades aren't available.
    --- Post updated ---
    I mean,that could be the reason,but ranks would still be worth it with my prices.In 3 months you could get the same amount of chests as Ultra,not mentioning the perks and after the 3 months the Mythical chests stack up,I would love to max out cosmetics and support the server,but when I look at the prices,and the amount of chests I could get,I leave the website in confusion xD

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 22, 2019
  6. Abood

Abood

Honestly, I think that the prices were good how they use to be. The only thing that really inflated it was the ranks and PPC. I would suggest that both prices be raised in general, but if that's the route Mineplex wants to take then amplifiers, chests etc. should all be sold in bulk. So like X3 Mythical chests for $2.49 as an example. I wouldn't suggest any price decreases for obvious reasons that include fees that payment gateways take. So I'm looking at it from a different approach in this regard.

Posted Feb 22, 2019
  7. james610

james610

A friend of mine once owned a server which had such a cheap item that the payment gateway caused him to lose money when someone bought it, lol.

Mineplex could do with some more bulk purchase options, especially when it comes to chests, so I'm with you on that one.

Posted Feb 22, 2019
  8. The_Spy_Ninja10

The_Spy_Ninja10

Valentine's and Love chests are overpriced too.
    $2.99 and $1.99 for just 1 cosmetic

Posted Feb 22, 2019
  9. WorthyBandit

WorthyBandit

I mean,that could be the reason,but ranks would still be worth it with my prices.In 3 months you could get the same amount of chests as Ultra,not mentioning the perks and after the 3 months the Mythical chests stack up,I would love to max out cosmetics and support the server,but when I look at the prices,and the amount of chests I get,I leave the website xD
    Oh,I didn't realise that was the case,well then I agree with your idea.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 22, 2019
  10. Snowwii

Snowwii

Yea chests are way overpriced but what can you do.
    If Mineplex makes enough money to support itself then okay.

Posted Feb 22, 2019
  11. joerock777

joerock777

I understand that Mineplex is a business but they could potentially earn more money with the Mineplex Games channel since they have over 200k subscribers, even though some of them might not be active Youtube would still give them money for having the amount of subscribers alone

I suggest they upload more videos onto the channel as I really did enjoy watching them.

But I don’t know how Youtube really works with how much money you get per 1k sub or something

Posted Feb 23, 2019
  12. stryze

stryze

Yeah, I agree that the shop needs some attention.

The price of amplifiers were set at a time where using one could net you tens of thousands of shards in thank you rewards.... Now you're lucky to get 100. That being said, I don't think that the price here is the issue-- the issue is the functionality. My suggestion would be to reward whomever activated the amp based on how many players gained from it, rather than how many used /thank. Let's say in the span of an hour, for every 50 unique players that benefit from your amp, you get 2000 shards. Such a system would make amplifiers much more worth the price.

Honestly, I think this hasn't been changed yet because Mineplex has somewhat written off things like one-off amplifiers as sustainable sources of revenue... not many people are buying them anymore. This is evident in the fact that the description for the amps still reads "Your Game Amp will be rewarded with Mountains of Shards!!". It just hasn't been touched in a while. The same goes for the purchase of single chests (aside from holiday chests - I'm sure those still do decently well); people would much rather just own ranks now that they are so cheap. I don't know if I would necessarily agree with your prices for chests but... it would be a step in the right direction.

Posted Feb 23, 2019