• 946 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3525 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Fix SSM Kits

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Helio, Nov 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Not trying to be annoying and picky but SSM kits really need a lot of work. I'm just going to explain the kits that should be NERFED. And a kit that needs a buff.

OK so wolf. I don't see how this is kit is fair at all, first off cub tackle stuns for 5 seconds and leaves the victim subject to countless attacks, this might seem bad enough but it gets worse. Wolf's passive increases damage dealt with each hit and it lasts for 3 seconds AFTER EVERY HIT which means each time you're getting attacked while stunned the wolf increases its damage power with every hit. And while this may seem complicated to do its not. Its just hit 1 projectile and boom.

Creeper
    people say this kit is balanced because of its armor and attack power but sulfur bomb and lightning shield defy that. Sulfur bomb can launch you halfway across the map or the whole map depending on which map. And what makes it worse is that sulfur bomb has a 3 second cool down and is a projectile. Although this can be easily avoided lightning shield cannot be so easily evaded. Lighting shield is just broken. If the creeper is hit by an attack that isn't a melee it gains a shield that will launch you deal a far distance and deal damage from you if you melee the creeper while its 4 second shield is protecting it. Its a dumb concept and creeper would be balanced if it was removed or heavily nerfed.

Skeleton Horse
    I'm going to keep this simple. Bone Rush- a flurry of bones that do vertical knock back and will prevent you from doing a double jump with a cool down that isn't very long. Easy edge guarding. Easy damage. Just not fair. Bone Kick- a kick that WILL send you to the other side of the map and does around 3 hearts.

Blaze is sort of balanced and isn't much of a concern but maybe make firefly cool down longer?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Sheep
    The thing i have to complain about it is just that wool mine hurts the sheep itself?! And please fix Woolly Rocket and make it give you a double jump. Other than that sheep is fine.

Sorry for being whiny its just, its just really bothering me .-.

Posted Nov 26, 2019
    JAE MAMMA, wFangw, mab8400 and 2 others like this.
  2. Hello!

I play SSM a lot and I feel like these statements are very true. Some of the kits are "overpowered" in the right hands. Keep in mind that SSM is a hard game to balance because the meta changes constantly. Other than that, I agree with most of your post.

Posted Nov 26, 2019
  3. I agree with these nerfs. For me, creeper, wolf, and skelly horse are the most annoying kits to fight because of how busted they are. I agree with the wolf, but what makes it worse is its speed and the fact that its hitbox is nearly nonexistent if you're trying to attack it from the front. Creeper's sulfur bomb is really hard to deal with and I agree it's a problem but there's a decent reason for it having lightning shield. Without it, creeper would get shredded in seconds due to its low armor, regular hitbox and regular speed. It's not even that hard to avoid. Just don't melee the creeper when it has LS. It disappears in a couple seconds. Also hitting it with projectiles is what activates it. And I know it's hard to melee creepers because of dumb sulfur bomb. Skeleton horse is a brainless kit. Especially if you're camping while using it. So I agree with this. And blaze is more annoying than overpowered

+1

Posted Nov 27, 2019
  4. Agreed, creeper kit seems a bit OP since you can hit them like 10 times and they never die. Sad that no updates are getting put into place right now.. a lot of Mineplex just needs a heck of a lot of improvement.

Posted Nov 27, 2019
  5. Not gonna go over the nerfs as yeah, like many people said many, many times those kits need nerfs, not much to add.
    As for sheep, wool mine hurting it is intentional and is a good thing for the game, when it didn't receive self damage sheep could use it to run forever, was very annoying. And yeah, fix wooly rocket (though the instant that is fixed sheep would be broken in another aspect most likely....)

Posted Nov 27, 2019
  6. I am in agreement with a lot of the things you've addressed, and I would like to see these kits mentioned by the OP, and more balanced. I will admit, Creeper is a very broken kit, and it seems like Lightning Shield would be better is say it lasted a shorter amount of time, which would make it harder for kits like Wolf to get combo's off on you, without making it impossible for them to combo, or take a lot of damage and be easily counter-attacked. Skeleton Horse has always been a hot topic when it comes to the edge guarding capabilities of Bone Rush which should be reworked or removed in place of another ability.
    TLDR: I agree with the OP and SSM is in dire need of some TLC to get the game to where it could be.

Posted Nov 27, 2019