• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Fix Mixed Arcade, because right now it's horrible

Discussion in 'Arcade Games' started by Arrigato, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Arrigato

Arrigato

So you updated Mineplex and brought back all the old arcade games, good, one problem, no one is playing them. Another problem, no one is going to play them unless you change mixed arcade. Mixed arcade right now just teleports you to a random arcade game that someone is already playing, but this is highly, and I mean, highly problematic considering the fact that the only five mixed arcade games people play are Micro Battle, Turf Wars, Dragon Escape, Death Tag, and Paintball. So what if I want to play something other than those four games? I can't. I literally cannot find a single lobby at any single time with enough people to start a game other than those five. How are people going to be able to find these other games if no one is playing them and you give no option to introduce players to them. Advertise them, Revert mixed arcade back to it original state, and just think before you do. You created two new maps. Those maps for Dragons and Runner. Guess who is playing Dragons and Runner right now? No One! These maps are going to waste because during your update mixed arcade was changed for the worse. Please fix this, Rapido, because if you do not, maps will go to waste, lobbies wlll go to waste, those five games will get boring and over saturated and you will lose additional players, and most of all no one will be able to play these really fun, and some, original games that you have worked so hard to create.

Posted Feb 4, 2019
    Nightcat likes this.
  2. Coyly.

Coyly.

I like the idea where you said to add new games and update it, but building takes time and effort it isn't something you just do in two seconds, that's why they take a ton of time on maps. If you were building a map and being constantly asked to build and build it's kinda like pure pressuring. But yeah, if you have any game ideas you can suggest some at https://mineplex.featureupvote.com you can also recommend some on the forum https://www.mineplex.com/forums/forum-games.58/ But also updating the game may mean players won't like the game so I'm just saying not everyone likes the same game or different game.

Posted Feb 4, 2019
  3. Arrigato

Arrigato

I never mentioned building new maps, sorry if I phrased that weird, I said Mineplex has already released new maps for these games that will go completely to waste, because no one will play on them.
    --- Post updated ---
    I think you missed the point of what I was trying to say. New games are good and all, but we have plenty of old, fun, and good games that are going unplayed because of how the mechanics of mixed arcade are being used. They should fix that. No new Games and No New Maps required. Just change mixed arcade back to the way it used to be.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 4, 2019
  4. Coyly.

Coyly.

The old games were removed due to them not getting enough players or it being too buggy i agree some old games are fun but there was a reason why they were removed. But this is up to what mineplex does. I'm just saying this probably won't happen because it won't really help the player count if players didn't already play it.

Posted Feb 4, 2019
  5. Fqultless

Fqultless

-1 I think Mineplex made the right decision on bringing the old games back, but it would be nice if we saw mixed arcade be brought back as well as its own lobby while keeping the other games with there lobbies. I will also say that the other games do get plays, in fact, I played a lot of oitq gladiators and bomb lobbers a few days ago, true they are not all active time, but not all games have an active community 24/7.

Posted Feb 4, 2019,
    Last edited Feb 4, 2019
    a0_Oe likes this.
  6. NothinButNet36

NothinButNet36

-1 for me

Posted Feb 4, 2019
  7. Animalll

Animalll

Hey!

I agree with some of this. I personally think that the new change is good, but Mineplex doesn't have a big enough playerbase to play every game. I do think that there should be some changes to mixed arcade, e.g. clicking "All games" takes you to a lobby where all games are played, not going to one of the 5 played games. I don't think the change should be reverted, since games like death tag would lose many players, I just think there should be an option to have an actual mixed arcade lobby, where all games are played. Overall, I agree with some parts of this idea, I just don't believe that the new change should be reverted, I think that there should be an option to play all mixed arcade games.
    +0.5

Posted Feb 5, 2019
    a0_Oe and Nightcat like this.
  8. Jrod

Jrod

Heyo!

I can't say that I have had your problem considering I rarely play mixed arcade and focus mainly on Cake Wars or MineStrike. However, I can see where your concerns are valid and need to be changed. I also think that those games are a little outdated. I think that if we had added like Wither Escape or something, it would be a game that would take off and make the player base a little more active because it was a really fun game. I think some of the problems Mineplex has are simply outdated games that are not fun to play anymore.

However, I will say that some of the games are original and are fun. But if this issue is not fixed soon then there will be issues that will make our player base already lower than it is. I am sure that staff have noticed this or have been notified and are working on it!

Thanks for bringing it up.

Posted Feb 5, 2019
  9. MrDrProfessor//_Prof_

MrDrProfessor//_Prof_

I made a thread last week informing everyone about this issue as the topic is really getting heated up. Feel free to go here. The gist is that the new Mixed Arcade offered more freedom for players for what they want to play. When there are unpopular games in the old voting system, players would just leave. I'm not 100% sure if this contributed to Mineplex's slight growth but I'd rather keep what we have now than take a high risk gamble.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Feb 5, 2019
  10. Ocelotguyy

Ocelotguyy

Heyo,
    First of all I see where you coming from here because lots of the Arcade Games are unplayable in public now due to the lack of players. I would personally like it if the Mixed Arcade was reintroduced as it's own game, and acted just like it used to as games such as Dragons, OITQ and Runner would be playable again. However, saying that maps built for these game modes would go to waste isn't completely true. All of the game modes that are currently in the Mixed Arcade are available to play in an MPS, and if you wanted to play them you could get a friend to hop on, and you could try out the new maps there. But as a player that's fond of most of the Arcade games, I would like to see Mixed make a return some time in the future. Of course, I would want all the public Arcade games to remain public as they are now.

You made some pretty valid points in this post and I agree with most of what you said. The return of Mixed Arcade would be a pretty nice update to implement in the future.
    -Ocelotguyy

Posted Feb 10, 2019
    Nightcat likes this.