• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10581 Players Online
  • 7691 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Fix bridges exploits allowing you to reach the middle.

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by xEZYx, Jul 30, 2020.

1. As some of you may know, there are many exploits/bugs that allow players to get to the center island in Bridges before the actual bridges are formed.

To me, this could be seen as quite a crucial bug as it allows players to get to the better loot and advantage spots.
    Now I have came up with a solution.

In skywars there at the start of the game there is a border around your island to stop you from escaping before the game starts.
    So... why not put a border around each main island to stop the players from exiting there island before the bridges are formed.

Also, you could have loot generate in the center after the bridges form instead of at the start.
    This would prevent players from stealing all the good loot at the start before anyone else can get there.

I haven't played bridges in a while so if this suggestion would prevent gameplay mechanics let me know in the replies!

I hope this suggestion will give the developers some ideas on how to prevent these exploits!

Posted Jul 30, 2020,
    Last edited Jul 30, 2020
  2. Hello <o/

First of all, if you ever see anyone using a map/bug exploiting you can report them @ mineplex.com/reports, I also suggest you read the Reporting Guide @ mineplex.com/report-guide to make sure you provide evidence in the proper format.

I really like your idea of adding in the barrier to the middle island to Bridges. This has already shown to work in Skywars with the recent update, and it seems like it will reduce the number of exploiters. So I give this idea a +1.

For your idea of loot spawning in after Bridges form at mid, this also seems like a great idea. If players manage to get around the barrier somehow, this will ensure that they won't have any advantage during the game, and can still be punished. The only downside I see to this is that developers have not created any sort of code for this yet in other gamemodes, and it might take time to develop and implement this, so for this idea I'm giving it a +0.5.

Posted Jul 30, 2020
  3. Heyo!

1) I originally thought that the world border could be implemented around all 4 main islands not around the middle island as players would take damage outside borders.

2) Honeslty, it wont take long to implement.
    They would just have to make loot generate after the bridges form which shouldn't be too hard considering I have worked with developers before on other servers.

Thanks for all the feedback!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 30, 2020
  4. Oh and also, I wasn't reporting anybody, just suggesting an idea!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 30, 2020