• 825 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8712 Players Online
  • 7887 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Fishing in Survival Games

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by AaronIGN, Apr 19, 2021.

?

Would you like to see fishing in Survival Games?

Poll closed Apr 26, 2021.
  1. Yes.

100.0%
  2. No because...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hello all,

Just looking for opinions...

What do you think about introducing fishing to the game?

Essentially, you would be able to fish for all outer-middle chest items excluding all meat (Steak, cooked porkchops, etc.) and mushroom soups.

Fishing speed would be increased by 25% to keep up with the pace of the game.

Why add this?

With maps like Kikoshi Islands and Aztec Islands it may be beneficial to introduce fishing (Especially Kikoshi Islands considering how difficult it can be to get loot). I also genuinely think this would be a neat feature to have in the game when chests have already been looted in your area.

Posted Apr 19, 2021,
    Last edited Apr 19, 2021
  2. Hey @AaronIGN! Although I may not play Survival Games as much as I used to, I feel that adding this aspect into the game could be a vital method of gathering food potentially used by all players, and I don't see why it shouldn't be added. Adding an additional way of gathering food would be nice, especially for the maps that you've mentioned above. I personally think that this method of gathering food would work very well since there seems to be big bodies of water on a number of SG maps. If you analyze the current methods of gathering food in SG, there's farms on pretty much every map and loot in chest - Adding fishing would for sure would help players across the board, especially in mid-game/late-game situations. Great idea suggestion! +1

Posted Apr 19, 2021
    NuclearLFA and AaronIGN like this.
  3. I think fishing in Survival Games is a great idea. Because, if you were in a situation without any food it would be very beneficial to be able to fish.

Posted Apr 19, 2021
    AaronIGN likes this.
  4. I mean, why not

Posted Apr 20, 2021
    AaronIGN likes this.
  5. I like this a lot, actually! It's unique and also adds to the aspect of "survival" games. I really don't see why not, it would be good for the maps it's tough to get a bunch of loot on and then add another thing to do in the game in general.

Posted Apr 20, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.
  6. I definitely wouldn't be against this idea. I don't play SG as much as I used to but when I do, I often find myself in the middle of a bunch of empty chests, so adding this type of fishing would be beneficial in my eyes. I'm sure a bunch of people could somewhat relate to that situation so this wouldn't be a bad idea in my opinion. You do bring up a good point with the whole Kikoshi Islands thing, it definitely is more difficult to get loot on certain maps so this would solve that problem.

I don't really have any suggestions, great idea!+ +1

Posted Apr 20, 2021
    AaronIGN likes this.
  7. +1
    I'm not against the idea and I don't think it would change that much of the game mode.
    Great idea!
    :bedrock:
    FlamezMC

Posted May 18, 2021 at 1:04 PM