• 3290 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11728 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Fisherman (Kit Idea Hopefully Unique)

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by beanowonotanuwu, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Before you laugh at the name please just let me explain what the kit does.

Kit abilities: The Fisherman kit will spawn in with a fishing rod and will be able to fish in the water that is common around most if not all SG maps.
    The fishing drop rates would have to be bumped up a little from
    85% Chance - Fish
    10% Chance - Junk
    5% Chance - Treasure

I propose the drop rates to be, on Mineplex:
    65% Chance - Fish
    0% Chance - Junk
    35% Chance - Treasure

Drawbacks: The Fisherman kit would receive Mining Fatigue I (This is subject to change).

Game Drawbacks: Survival Games as a whole would have to be changed from accessible for 1.8-1.14 to just 1.8 (This is subject to change as well). The ability to fish would also have to be restricted to players with the Fisherman kit equipped.

Please feel free to reply, all feedback to appreciated for Fisherman version II.

Posted Aug 13, 2019
  2. IDK what the point of this is, yet considering that you say that this may make it unplayable from 1.9 etc its a -1 for me.

Posted Aug 13, 2019
  3. It doesn't seem like this kit has any benefits that would make it worth using it. Fishing takes a random amount of time so it seems incredibly inefficient compared to looting chests, even without taking into consideration the low drop rates of treasure. Unless fishing yielded multiple items, on average you'd end up with loads of (raw?) fish and almost no gear. It's not worth fishing when you can just loot chests, and there's never a shortage of chests so it wouldn't give you an advantage that way.

Also consider that every other kit in the game is focused around giving an advantage in combat in some way or another, so fisherman would be wildly outclassed in any fight. The fishing rod could be seen as an advantage for combat, however not many people can use rods and they're reasonably common in chests anyway so that small advantage is, in the majority of cases, nullified.

Overall, the kit would feel useless as fishing is less efficient than looting chests and you'd be outclassed in almost every fight.

Posted Aug 13, 2019
    Jango_55 likes this.