• 697 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9966 Players Online
  • 9269 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

FILTHYRODDER Introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by FILTHYRODDER, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Hey, you might know me as FILTHYRODDER but I usually go by Boulderelf as my online alias. I'm 18 years old, from South Africa and my pronouns are he/him. I've been playing minecraft for almost half my life and I've been playing mineplex for most of that (although I only started playing consistently in 2017). My favourite game right now is probably cake wars but micro battles is a close second. I've been enjoying PvP games recently and I've been trying to get really good at it but my ping lets me down kinda often :').
    Aside from Minecraft, I play a card game called Magic: the Gathering competitively and I really love it. Recently I've been dipping into League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics and Geometry Dash but I still have a long way to go if I want to play any of those competitively.
    My main non-gaming hobby is playing the guitar. I haven't been playing for very long so I'm not the best but I love feeling rewarded for putting time into learning cool songs.

I think that's about everything, if you see me on mineplex, ask for a duel and (if my ping isn't dying) I'll most likely say yes (and win probably hopefully I hope).

Posted Jan 13, 2022
  2. Hey, its nice to meet you! I think it is pretty cool that you play Magic: the Gathering competitively because I've seen someone play that game once and I was so lost. What is the competitive scene for a card game like, are there tournaments that you attend or do you challenge people? I joined Mineplex in early 2015 and have played pretty consistently if you disregard the two year break I took in like 2018 haha. I also really enjoy pvp games like Skywars, Survival Games, or Cake Wars and tend to play those whenever I see open lobbies, but if I'm with friends I'll play anything. Playing the guitar is an awesome skill! I play the piano and can play easy things on the guitar, so I definitely am familiar with the feeling of finally learning a really fun song. I hope to see you around the server and would love to run some lobby glads :D

Posted Jan 13, 2022
    FILTHYRODDER likes this.
  3. LOL

Posted Jan 13, 2022
    Bobert2O13 likes this.
  4. Hi! Yeah Magic: the Gathering is pretty complicated and can be daunting at first but its really fun once you learn the basics. Here there are local game stores which host tournaments every week but the stakes aren't very high. There are higher stakes tournaments every once in a while though and those are super fun to play. Playing piano is awesome! I used to play and I'm trying to get back into it but I feel like learning a song is more difficult and requires more practice than it does for guitar which can be discouraging for me.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 13, 2022
    Looof likes this.
  5. Hi fellow Java Trainee :D it was nice to read your introduction and know more about you! You probably know a bit about me already, but in case you don't, I have been a level 100 Bedrock staff member for slightly under a year, and have recently started cross-platforming to Java for the experience and variety. I've been playing Minecraft for four years and on Mineplex for about two years. Like you, I probably play Cake Wars the most, but I also enjoy Nano Games. I've never tried Micro Battles on Java, but I used to play that on Bedrock somewhat often. I like PvP games the most, but my PvP isn't really the best, so that is why I sometimes play Nano Games and Bomb Lobbers (Bedrock). I've never played any of the other games you have mentioned, although I have played a decent amount of Geometry Dash a few years ago. I quit due to a few reasons, but things may have changed now. It's great to see that you enjoy playing guitar, I play a few musical instruments but I'm currently focusing on learning violin as of now. Thanks for introducing yourself to the forums, it was nice to know more about you!

Posted Jan 13, 2022
    FILTHYRODDER likes this.
  6. Hey, it was really nice learning more about you! Unfortunately, I don't know a couple of the games that you play, but I'm sure they're cool! I really wish I could play the guitar, I love listening to songs where the guitar really carries the melody. You know, I tried playing guitar my freshman year of high school as I had a Guitar Lab class. I really enjoyed it, however it was only for half of a year. I haven't tried to get a guitar since, but maybe when I'm older I'll try again!

It was great learning more about you and I hope that your trainee trial is going well! Reach out to me if you need anything at all or if you want to play a game or two of cake wars! :)

Posted Jan 14, 2022
    FILTHYRODDER likes this.
  7. Hey!

I've seen you around quite a bit and have been wanting to know more about you! I don't know much about Magic, my brother plays it a lot and I was never able to understand what goes on during that game. I love to see a fellow GD player! How long have you been playing GD?

You play the guitar? AWESOME! My friend has been playing the guitar all his life and the best advice he's ever given me is to practice lots and to get simple cords mastered.

It was great getting to know you more, good luck with the rest of your trial, see you around! :D

Posted Jan 14, 2022
    FILTHYRODDER likes this.
  8. Hey! Yeah Magic is pretty scary to get into but it's really fun. I've been on and off with Geometry Dash but I think I bought the game on Steam in 2018. Still trying to beat the game but I'm getting close. Yeah guitar's super cool and I think that's really good advice. Once you know basic chords you can basically strum almost any song which can be cool for campfire nights with friends.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 14, 2022
    _ItsMusic_ and MØR like this.