• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5157 Players Online
  • 2267 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Feedback for Closeter Reports

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by mab8400, Sep 5, 2020.

1. We don't get feedback from closeter reports which I think would be important since we have no idea whatsoever if the report was accepted or not. The only way I know the reports I have WEREN'T even looked at is because my unlisted yt vids have 0 views. So I can safely assume that after a month they were ignored or that QA is really really really really busy fixing loads of bugs or managing something top secret important. Anyways, I really think we need to get some feedback on whether our report was insufficient or at the very least LOOKED at.

and please for everyone's mental health do not say "QA's job is not just banning reachers!!!"

Posted Sep 5, 2020
    MugiKohai, GAM, chrvssy and 8 others like this.
  2. yeah i agree

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 7, 2020
  3. I wrote a similar thread here: https://www.mineplex.com/threads/more-transparency-regarding-closet-cheaters.155876/

I fully agree. The stereotype that Mineplex does nothing about closeters has perpetuated through most of the community, leading many others to continue on this path thinking that nothing will happen. The result is most of the higher-levels within the Mineplex community having a certain distrust for staff (particularly QA), since in their eyes nothing is happening. Additionally, justified hackusation towards these players, although creating spam, is dealt with more frequently leading these players to also get frustrated. I'm not saying this shouldn't be punishable, but it is somewhat hypocritical that something that affects way less people is dealt with faster (and actually dealt with) compared to something that is going to affect hundreds of players.

Adding a simple notification whether it is through Discord or a Private Message on the forums saying a report is being looked at can provide a bit of peace of mind. It does not seem that hard or time consuming to perform this simple task. And yeah, while QA's job is not only banning closeters, they are the only ones entrusted with the job of banning closeters. Currently there is no transparency towards the QA team and if they deal with closeters. I understand that information related to GWEN logs should be kept private but simply detailing how many closeters have been banned can go a long way. The fact that on my previous thread, a QA member stated that they would prefer to converse in DMs highlights this issue perfectly. Compared to RC where according to the August Newsletter:

These two drasticly different approaches lead to very different outcomes. One where players can be confident a xrayer or esper they reported will be dealt with and will no longer ruin the game for countless others, through a simple "Forwarded to RC" message after submitting a forum report. And the other where distrust towards staff spreads like a plague, ruining the bond between the community and management which is crucial given the state Mineplex is in.

Posted Sep 7, 2020,
    Last edited Sep 20, 2020 at 9:00 AM
    Jaek, GAM, Fusafez and 2 others like this.
  4. I agree with this completely, however unfortunately like @xOeuf stated in @Paladise's post, basically anything suggested about improving QA or anything related to QA at all, the usual response is "no" -and we all know who that's from- but overall +1 on the idea!

If the QA team can respond to this thread with something other then why it won't work or why players don't need to know how QA handles punishments that'd be nice ty

Posted Sep 7, 2020
  5. yo,

I completely agree. I feel that some staff members should consider things more than just giving a simple "no", and yes it would be nice if we got more info from the Closet Report Form. Even suggested previously a 'weekly bulletin of how many cheaters got punished from the Closet Form' would be nice, just anything. It's easy for a QA member to say no to something without considering the community's perspective - so please keep in mind that many members of the community want this.

Thanks for bringing this up!
    ~~

Posted Sep 7, 2020
  6. I outlined my views on this in a similar thread that was linked above, so I'll just reiterate them here.

I do agree that there could be a little more transparency with how QA deals with closet cheaters. I think that something as small as a "your report has been dealt with" seems good enough as it would give players comfort knowing that their reports aren't being ignored. They don't even have to know whether it was accepted or rejected, just knowing that the report was looked at seems sensible enough. Obviously if this isn't the case for a reason then I would understand, but if nothing is inhibiting it, I don't see why a tiny bit more transparency would be an issue.

Posted Sep 7, 2020
    Fusafez, Legend998 and Paladise like this.
  7. While I am not a member of quality assurance and don't fully know how the process works, I do think it could be feasible to receive some feedback on whether closet hacker reports are dealt with. The best way to do that, in my personal opinion, is to move the closet hacker report form over to the forums. This way quality assurance members could just copy and paste a reply, similar to how applications, appeals, and forum reports are handled. As @xUmbreon said, they don't even need to reply if they were banned or not, just that the report was processed. This would allow for players to know their reports are actually being processed and would be easy enough for quality assurance since it is just a copy-paste message.

Again though, since I am not a part of quality assurance, I don't exactly know how the process works, but I think what I layed out should be feasible. If anyone has any further ideas/feedback, I would love to know what you think.

Posted Sep 9, 2020
  8. I feel like this would be a great idea, however I feel like the greater issue is that closet cheating doesn't gain enough attention.

Posted Sep 9, 2020
  9. cool

Posted Sep 15, 2020,
    Last edited Sep 15, 2020
  10. Heyo!

While I agree, feedback would be nice, logistically I think it would be difficult for QA tor reach out to each member. In most cases, I would assume, closeters is most likely reported multiple times. To reach out to everybody, would take a lot of time when QA could be going through closet reports. The difficult part about this is it's a google doc, and they would have to manually message everybody over the forums.

A better alternative would be to have reports go through the forums, and that would be a completely different discussion. This way, messaging players would be easy and they wouldn't have to find each player's forum profile. Because of the reasons, I stated I will be giving this a +0

Posted Sep 15, 2020
  11. I agree that seeing a response to closet Chester reports would be nice. But, as others have stated above, it would be hard for them to go through to each member that submitted a report on a closet cheater. Like Brayden said, there are likely multiple reports on a single closet cheater, and QA would have to go through all of them and try to message them somehow.

I want to see more, but it’s likely we never will. However, if we go through the way Brayden described with it being on the forums like other reports, then it’s more likely to see the answer to our reports.

Posted Sep 20, 2020 at 3:14 PM
  12. Transparency is normally what builds a bridge of trust between a community and it's higher-ups. If that transparency were to be clouded or simply not exist, there could be trust issues and a disconnection between members and QA.

This, in and out of itself, is concerning. If QA doesn't want to change for bringing a better quality service to their consumers (which is their main job, might I add) then there's a big problem with how Mineplex's relationship with its members is going.

If any QA member is reading this: me, and many others, implore you to give a response. Just simply saying "no" is not a proper response.

+1 to the idea.

Posted Sep 23, 2020 at 12:15 PM