• 1013 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6356 Players Online
  • 5343 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Favourite structure in Minecraft?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Strafer303, Feb 23, 2020.

?

What’s your favourite structure?

1. Village

40.0%
  2. Stronghold

15.0%
  3. Nether Fortress

10.0%
  4. End city

5.0%
  5. Mansion

15.0%
  6. Outpost

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Temples (Or Ocean Monuments)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Mineshaft

10.0%
  9. Witch hut

5.0%
  10. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. What’s your favourite structure in Minecraft? I like villages because when I’m in a village, I have that sense that I’m not alone in the game, idk why.

Posted Feb 23, 2020
  2. Well, I never thought of that, but the villagers are sort of creepy! They are like stalkers, following you everywhere and staring at you... and then if they come in your house and sleep in your bed... yuck! What I like about villages is you can build one from scratch anywhere, put a few villagers there, they will choose their house and cats will come... then you get raided! The Best is the exhaustive Raids. But then i also like the End and the Nether, so the Nether update is one I look forward too, i need big’r and bad’ r things to kill.

Posted Feb 23, 2020
    Strafer303 likes this.
  3. yea I agree, villages make you feel like you are socializing in such a lonely world. I always build my houses/structures near villages for resources and some company.

Posted Feb 23, 2020
    Mystic 0440 and FluteVegetables like this.
  4. I've never really delved in to the newer versions of Minecraft (I'm a 1.8.9 kind of guy) so I don't know much about the newer randomly generated structures, so I have to go with the stronghold on this one.

Posted Feb 23, 2020
    Mystic 0440 likes this.
  5. Hey!

I actually really like this question and like you, I'm going to have to say the village. I started playing Minecraft on the Xbox Edition when I was just ten years old, after TU5 had rolled out which was the update that added the food bar and hunger among other things. Back then you could find normal villages in deserts, and there was such a sense of adventure. There were no other structures to take advantage of, so if you were trekking across a barren land for miles and finally saw a village, whether in the plains or desert, it was a victory. The villagers were silent and did not interact with anything at all, but it definitely made me feel like there were others on my side in such an "empty" world compared to when you look at it now. For some reason, I preferred it!

Villages have changed so much since back then. Villagers now farm, sleep in beds, trade, and try their best to protect against invaders. There is also a chance that raids can be triggered. Villages have so much activity and hustle and bustle in them these days that the sense of loneliness is definitely lessened, but sometimes I can find it a bit claustrophobic. Yeah, it was weird bumping into a villager back in the day and them staring right through your soul silently, but the world was your oyster. Villages were simply a place to briefly stop by or take refuge if you needed to gather some supplies before continuing on your journey. It showed you that you have to find your own path, and villages were just there as a service.

I'm noticing some very interesting polls these days and while I tell everyone this, please keep it up! The off-topic sub-forum is becoming more popular with even better topics of discussion :)

Posted Feb 23, 2020
    Mystic 0440 likes this.
  6. Honestly, I love mineshafts. They’re so fun to explore and even though I ALWAYS get lost in them, I find all sorts of treasures and not so fun surprises (eek cave spiders!!). I always have like a terrible sense of direction and get lost so often in Minecraft, it’s just become normal. I don’t even know the way to my school from my house, and I remember the first time I joined Minecraft Java, I got so lost in the lobby and couldn’t even figure out which way was Staff island, the gladiators arena, and other places in the map xD
    but yeah, mineshafts are like, awesome to discover because I get so much loot from there- even though I usually end up losing it.

Posted Feb 23, 2020
  7. Agree with getting lost in Mineshafts and heck Minecraft as a whole... But in Mine Shafts I go in with supplies and build a safe house, then I work and close off what I already explored. If you put a bed in the and sleep in it you will always spawn back in your safehouse...it's just knowing where you died to get your loot. I also place chest along the way to empty my loot in so if died i have most of it. So, I use a method to work my way through with lots of torches and alway put torch on my right so I know direction. If I have the inventory and want to clear efficiently I will take a stone and mark a path in my floor by breaking out a stone and replace it with a colored stone. I can't say there isn't anywhere I don't like to be in Minecraft... I think lost is a big part of the adventure! lol! I think we have all done it. But then the exciting thing is one day you will find it again.. and what a joy!

Posted Feb 23, 2020
    ScarletBlood37 likes this.
  8. My favorite structure is the woodland mansion because it has so much treasure to find. It also can be turned into a very huge house after you killed all the Ilagers and Evokers. Another cool thing about the woodland mansion is all the different rooms you could find. You can find libraries, war rooms, and huge bedrooms. It is so much fun to venture out into the world to try and find these.

Posted Feb 23, 2020
    ScarletBlood37 likes this.
  9. I’d have to say that I personally love Mineshafts. They’ve always been really intriguing to me. I like the concept of them and how they seemingly go on forever. I occasionally get lost in them, but they’re still fun to explore nevertheless. I enjoy them even more due to the fact that you can find a ton of valuable items in them. I’ve found so many cool things- from enchantment books to golden apples- in them. I think that the items being in minecart, instead of chests, is a neat idea. The Cave Spiders make the experience a bit more challenging too, as I run into them quite often. Which is why I always bring shears with me when I go mining, along with milk, in case I run into them. I also find myself discovering a ton of valuable ores in them. Overall, I’ve always loved Mineshafts and I think they’re really my favorite structure in Minecraft. Great thread, Strafer, it’s been cool reading answers and I can’t wait to see more.

Posted Feb 23, 2020
    Mystic 0440 and WowCaleb like this.
  10. Heyo!

In my opinion, my favourite structure in Minecraft would have to be the Nether Fortress since it's so welly built and it's really scary along with like blazes which is pretty scary in my opinion when you hear a loud fireball coming at you.

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Feb 23, 2020
    Mystic 0440 likes this.
  11. Whenever I'd play survival minecraft, I'd always love to go next to a village and establish a house there. It brings more joy into the game as you feel like you are in a real community, making trades with villagers, etc. You also don't feel as lonely in a world all to yourself.

Posted Feb 23, 2020
    Mystic 0440 likes this.
  12. I like woodland mansions once it’s kind of a freaky structure and has a spooky vibe to it

Posted Feb 25, 2020
    Degagelemming95 likes this.
  13. As Strafed303 said above, seeing that you aren't completely alone in the game helps. I would go with villages, since this is where I go to raid them for loot and food whenever I'm running low on supplies early into the game, an easy and efficient way to get a head start.

Posted Feb 25, 2020