• 1058 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6416 Players Online
  • 5358 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Favourite Songs?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by VernCow, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Hi there!

I'm getting really bored staying at home due to the current Covid-19 crisis, so please send me song/album recommendations!

Me first :D

My favourite albums
    The Black Parade - My Chemical Romance
    Some Nights - Fun.
    Norman F****** Rockwell! - Lana Del Rey

I'll be listening to all of them and giving my opinion on them too so please send me as many suggestions as you can!

VernCow~

Posted Apr 8, 2020
    xSusieLove likes this.
  2. Hello!

Some of my personal favorites include older songs of Rex Orange County like Four Seasons, Untitled, and Edition. I recommend two albums from him, Apricot Princess and Bcos You Will Never B Free. I haven't listened to his more recent music, but I'm sure it's good!

Another of my favorites is Joji or Filthy Frank. Some of his music is good, like worldstar money, Window, will he, and Slow Dancing in the Dark. His albums Ballads 1 and Chloe Burbank Vol. 1 also are some of my favorites, but sometimes his music can be gruesome (Chloe Burbank Vol. 1 has some mature content).

I used to listen to atlas, a rapper. Some of his older is music is fun to listen to.

Thanks for a great question! Have a good day!

-susketchup

Posted Apr 8, 2020
  3. I tend to listen to my local Top 40 stations when I want to listen to music because it's randomized and helps me decide what to listen to when I'm indecisive. However, I do have four albums that I have on repeat every day.
    Romance - Camila Cabello
    thank u, next - Ariana Grande
    Future Nostalgia - Dua Lipa
    After Hours - The Weeknd

Posted Apr 8, 2020
  4. I listen to a lot of different genres, so I'll just list some of my personal favorite albums from each.

Metal:
    Pantera Vulgar Display of Power was one of the best metal albums of the 90s and is an essential album in the history of metal, but if you don't listen to metal much or at all the black album by metallica is probably the best.

Hard Rock:
    AC/DC Back in Black or Guns N' Roses Appetite for Destruction, both legendary albums that most people already know, but if you want something a little more obscure try Agents of Fortune by the Blue Oyster Cult.

Classic Rock:
    Led Zeppelin IV and Abbey Road by the Beatles are both extremely well known and great albums.

Prog Rock:
    Rush Moving Pictures and Permanent Waves are both great albums, though I don't listen to much prog rock.

Folk Rock:
    Grateful Dead American Beauty and Workingman's Dead are my personal favorites of this genre, and Grateful Dead are one of my favorite artists overall.

Punk:
    Never mind the ******** by the *** Pistols (I censored some parts of the name just in case, I don't what would be considered inappropriate for the forums) is one of the most legendary albums of punk, but I would also recommend Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables by the Dead Kennedys.

Grunge:
    My personal favorites are Core by Stone Temple Pilots and Dirt by Alice In Chains, but Nirvana Nevermind is probably the most well known.

Blues:
    I'm not nearly as familiar with blues as I am with rock but I personally like a lot of songs off of Born Under a Bad Sign by Albert King and Ledbetter Heights by Kenny Wayne Shepherd.

Reggae:
    Another genre that I am not too familiar with, but the compilation album Legend by Bob Marley has a lot of great songs.

Hip-Hop/Rap:
    Snoop Dogg's debut album and Life after Death by the Notorious B.I.G. both have great songs. I would also listen to Eazy Duz It by Eazy E as it is an essential album of early Hip-Hop/Rap.

I honestly don't have an album to put here because I don't like country and it is mostly a genre built off of singles rather than albums, but I heard it all the time growing up and I actually like some of Waylon Jennings songs, so I would recommend those if you want to try to get into this genre.

Unknown:
    One of my personal favorite bands is Primus, but I don't know what genre to put them in. They are kind of a metal band, but they are completely unique so it's hard to really categorize them. They are not for everyone (Actually most people probably would not like them), but I personally do and I think Frizzle Fry and Sailing the Seas of Cheese are their two best albums.

Posted Apr 8, 2020
  5. I honestly do not have a specific genre of music that I like. I just kind of listen to anything I find catchy! So here's some of my favorite songs I've been listening to recently:

Curtis Lee - Pretty Little Angle Eyes
    Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl
    The Del-Vikings - Come Go With Me
    Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now
    Pitbull - Give Me Everything
    Faces - Ooh La La
    Glen Campbell - Southern Nights
    Surfaces - Sunday Best

Hope you find them catchy.... because I do!

- 6_figures (Jorden)

Posted Apr 8, 2020
  6. My favorite song of all time is Civil War by Guns N' Roses.

My favorite classical song is Eine Kleine Nachtmusik: Allegro by Mozart.

My favorite classic rock song is Then Came the Last Days of May by Blue Öyster Cult.

My favorite modern song is Lieblingsmensch by Namika.

Posted Apr 8, 2020
    AltJawga likes this.
  7. Some songs in this list may be explicit, noted with (E).

Rock:
    Foo Fighters - Learn to Fly
    Green Day - Holiday (E)
    System of a Down - Toxicity
    Fall Out Boy - Thnkns fr th Mmrs
    Sum 41 - Fat Lip (E)
    blink-182 - I Miss You
    Guns N'Roses - Welcome to the Jungle
    Bon Jovi - Livin' On a Prayer
    Panic! At the Disco - The Ballad of Mona Lisa

Rap:
    Eminem - Lose Yourself (E)

Electronic:
    Mat Zo - Only For You
    Notaker - Into the Light
    nanobii - Rainbow Road

Classical:
    Bedřick Smetana - Vltava (Moldau)
    Erik Satie - Gymnopédie No. 1

Other:

OutKast - Hey Ya!
    Jesper Kyd - Venice Rooftops
    Everything Everything - Cough Cough

Posted Apr 8, 2020
  8. My favorite song is absolutely Bleeding Out by Imagine Dragons! It’s an incredible song to listen to, it really has lots of emotion put into it. Whenever I’m listening to it, I feel torn between the past and reality, making my mood somewhat neutral for the time being. It’s really uplifting at times, especially when you just want to give up and quit, it reminds you to “hold on” to what you have left and strive from it. Occasionally it can be dejecting, usually after an unfortunate event as occurred, it will bring the memories back. It is a really emotion pulling song, and I definitely suggest it.

My second favorite song would have to be Ready Aim Fire by Imagine Dragons. It’s a thrilling song to listen to and the beat is incredible. It’s an absolutely mood altering song, and usually alters my mood for the better. I often find myself listening to this song when I need something to lift my spirits up, as the song seems to portray just that. Unfortunately it’s not available for download, so I have to resort to listening to it from YouTube, but that’s alright.

I definitely suggest listening to both of these songs, as they’re amazing.​

Posted Apr 8, 2020
  9. I like all sorts of music so I'll recommend different songs from different genres I like:

(Metal) Metallica - Harvester of Sorrow

(Country) Mean Eyed Cat - Johnny Cash (really any Johnny Cash song is excellent)

(Rap) Oh No - Trae and Paul Wall

(Rap) This Ring - Tech N9ne

Posted Apr 8, 2020
  10. I love listening to a lot of songs- but I don’t really have much variety. I mainly listen to Imagine Dragons, Fall Out Boy, Blacklite District, and occasionally other singers and bands. Although I don’t listen to many different artists, I would definitely recommend any of those. My favorite songs would have to be:
    1. Ready Aim Fire by Imagine Dragons
    2. Bad Liar by Imagine Dragons
    3. Bleeding Out by Imagine Dragons
    4. Monster by Imagine Dragons
    5. Shots by Imagine Dragons
    6. Demons by Imagine Dragons
    7. Fallen by Imagine Dragons
    8. Whatever It Takes by Imagine Dragons
    9. Thief by Imagine Dragons
    10. On Top Of The World by Imagine Dragons
    11. It’s Time by Imagine Dragons
    12. Warriors by Imagine Dragons
    13. I Bet My Life by Imagine Dragons
    14. Radioactive by Imagine Dragons
    15. Who We Are by Imagine Dragons
    16. Thunder by Image Dragons
    (Basically just all of the Imagine Dragons songs I listen to; I highly recommend them)
    17. Immortals by Fall Out Boy
    18. Centuries by Fall Out Boy
    19. The Phoenix by Fall Out Boy
    20. Falling by Trevor Daniel
    21. The Nights by Avicii
    22. Goodbye by Blacklite District
    23. Cold As Ice by Blacklite District
    24. The Struggle by Blacklite District
    25. Just So You Know by Blacklite District
    26. We Are The Danger by Blacklite District
    Keep in mind that these songs are in no particular order! I highly recommend listening to each of them! I definitely enjoy listening to them, and I think they’re pretty good. See for yourself though. It’s been fun sharing my extremely long list of songs. Can’t wait to read everyone else’s responses!

Posted Apr 8, 2020
  11. Hey!

I've been listening to The Weeknd a lot lately, particularly "After Hours" It's the cover song of his newest album of the same name. It's a 6 minute long masterpiece, and it's absolutely incredible. I would highly recommend.

Posted Apr 8, 2020
  12. Interesting question! I'm more drawn to 80s music and less current stuff but nonetheless, here are some of my favourites:

ABBA - The Winner Takes It All, Super Trouper, Dancing Queen, Lay All Your Love On Me, Chiquitita, Waterloo, Voulez-Vous
    Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer
    U2 - Pride, With Or Without You (this one has pretty deep, personal meaning)
    Starship - We Built This City
    Pat Benatar - Love Is A Battlefield
    Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall
    Roxette - Joyride
    Prince - Raspberry Beret
    T-Pau - Heart And Soul
    Scandal - The Warrior
    Duran Duran - Come Undone

More recent stuff:

The Chainsmokers - Closer, Something Just Like This, Paris, Roses, Don't Let Me Down
    Imagine Dragons - Shots
    Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now
    Ellie Goulding - Army, Still Falling For You
    Sam Smith - Restart, Dancing With A Stranger, Good Thing
    Bradley Cooper & Lady Gaga - Shallow

This is a pretty short list in proportion to what I like but yeah!

Posted Apr 9, 2020
  13. Hallelujah - Leonard Cohen

He's the original singer and writer, I love the way he sings it when he's older. He wrote it about depression and what it does to him and overall I just think it's a beautiful song.

Posted Apr 9, 2020