• 384 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6210 Players Online
  • 5826 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Favourite moment in Mineplex

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BSoD, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Whether it would be on discord, the forums or even on the minecraft server,

WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE MOMENT IN MINEPLEX?

Unfortunately, I haven't had a favourite moment. ALTHOUGH, I have had great moments. Talking in the discord is just a great moment in general for me so that's pretty good. Tell me about yours as I am interested in it!

Posted Apr 22, 2021
    TheMuffinM and yvuggu like this.
  2. Seeing a hacker kicked right before he wrecked me(still lost)
    I knew he was a hacker because he literally chopped in front of me after I knocked him off the map

Posted Apr 22, 2021
    BSoD and yvuggu like this.
  3. When I got the honor of being a member on (then) IT.

Posted Apr 22, 2021
    BSoD likes this.
  4. Hey!

I've had some truly memorable moments during my time. The first one I talk about to everyone is when an entire lobby wished me a happy birthday for no reason. I didn't really have much presence in the community at the time so I'm assuming no one knew who I was, but the chat was still flooded with happy birthday messages. That's such a simple thing, I know, and guaranteed you'll have at least one kind soul. But there were so many that it made me stop and think about how nice players can be sometimes. People spend too much time talking about the toxicity and malice - while it might exist, there's the other side of things too. I consider myself lucky to have experienced it first-hand. After all, those type of players are part of the reason why I'm staff here today.

Moving on, I can't forget about when I got Trainee. I doubt you'll find a staff member out there whose Trainee acceptance isn't one of their favourite moments. Trainees were usually accepted bi-weekly back in March 2020, so I predicted there was going to be a new batch that night. I played a little bit during the day and had a lot of intrusive thoughts like "What if I get a denial notification right now?" or "What if this is my last time playing Nano as a community member?" As you can see, both optimistic and pessimistic. I physically couldn't just sit around and wait, so I decided to bake cookies (courtesy of a friend). As I was about to put them in the oven, my notifications started getting spammed. I predicted it as I pulled out my phone and I was right. I was so caught up in the buzz that the cookies didn't go into the oven for another 20 minutes at least, while I was scheduling my intro meeting with Ralfie and responding to people.

My early promotion has to be counted in here too. I was casually moderating Lobby-1 on a normal Saturday mid-April, living my best life. I had scored well on my MoT a few days previous and I was happy with my progress. Suddenly, my mentor, Ralfie, invited me to a party out of nowhere. I joined her in Staff-1 and she wanted me to find an X in the lobby. I had to hunt for a few minutes before finding it, the whole time confused and wondering what was going on. Turns out the buried treasure was my early promo!

I have so many more moments that I can't talk about here or else it'd never end. To name a few, there's the people I've met, and the goals I've accomplished throughout my time. They all have individual experiences associated with them I still remember. To this day I'm still having these moments and hopefully I'll continue to have them. If anything particularly noteworthy happens I'll be sure to return to this thread :)

Posted Apr 22, 2021
    BSoD and siee like this.
  5. Hey! :)

For me, my favourite moment is definitely when I got accepted as a Trainee. I felt a huge sense of relief and joy when I saw my application had been accepted after about a month of being excited about it (writing my application + the process). I actually got accepted into CMP the same day I got notice of my application being accepted to the interview stage. Unfortunately, I was only on CMP for about a week before I got accepted as a Trainee but it was worthwhile while and I enjoyed it. Before being accepted onto the team I had a lot of mixed feelings about whether or not I'd get accepted, some days I felt confident and others I didn't. Honestly, the more time that went by the more I overthought it. When Saturday rolled around I was really nervous and was stalking the forums and discord around 2:00 PM EST (when Trainees are usually accepted) but after 30 minutes went by I decided to watch some anime to pass the time. I found out about my Trainee acceptance through my CMP Mentor at the time (@510bike). I heard a discord notification so I went to check and I saw a message from him which was pretty random considering we only messaged for QOTDs and when I opened it he was congratulating me on Trainee. I went to check the trainee-updates channel on the Mineplex discord right away, clicked the link, and read the thread. I ended up skipping lunch that day because I was so excited and nervous at the same time. I remember how scared I was to log on after being accepted but it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. My mentor and MAs have been nothing short of amazing and extremely helpful during my trial and I'm very thankful to them. I also met a lot of people who helped me with my first SRs and just what to do in general. I've made a ton of friends which is a huge bonus and they're all great people who I wish nothing but the best for. I've always had a good time here, even years before where I am today. Anyways, to wrap this up, applying for the staff team and actually getting accepted is hands down my favourite moment of my time here on Mineplex.

Posted Apr 22, 2021
    BSoD, Eqsa, 510bike and 1 other person like this.
  6. Hey!

There's been a lot of memorable moments for me on Mineplex, getting trainee the first time back in 2017, meeting some of my best friends, achieving some team goals, and more. However, there was a much bigger moment for me that i'll always remember.

My answer isn't as long or elaborate as some of the others, but my favourite moment was when mineplex hit 40k players. I was on the server with a bunch of people just waiting until we officially hit the number and it was a huge celebration, lobbies were packed, and it was a gigantic milestone at the time. I'll always remember that moment as it was the day my favourite server had a significant event that I got to enjoy with all my friends and the other 40k people online.

Hopefully there's more great moments to come!

Posted Apr 23, 2021
    Kindnessaj, siee and BSoD like this.
  7. Sounds like you've had a fair bit of wonderful moments in Mineplex! You must be having a great time here. Unfortunately my luck on Trainee Apps is horrible. But I have dedication so I will keep trying. I am known in Hypixel as I've applied 10 times and failed all.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 23, 2021
    WowCaleb likes this.
  8. Congratulations on Trainee! I am glad you got in! Good luck on your journey to Moderator

OP OP
    siee likes this.
  9. That sounds amazing! I cannot believe you were around since 2017. I only joined in 2018-2019 I believe. Can't wait for Mineplex to reach more players! I hope you enjoy you time as a Mod!

OP OP
    Eqsa likes this.
  10. Hmm, this is a bit of a hard one since I have a couple of favorite moments, but I believe my most recent one definitely has to be when I was trolling people with a boat I built in Clans C-7. This is because I would go as far as to tell other people I was in a flying boat(which was partially true because it was really a boat about a block in mid-air on top of my clan's base). It would be extremely hilarious to just convince other people to come to the base and just marvel at this built floating boat which they thought would have been an actual Minecraft flying boat. Now a lot of people in C-7 know this is just a troll but otherwise it was quite funny before it was well known!

Posted Apr 23, 2021
    BSoD likes this.
  11. There was this one time the data points on a map broke during map testing. Probably that, it was funny

Posted Apr 24, 2021
    BSoD likes this.
  12. When I first joined now feels kind of like a chore to reach by daily win goal and xp goal

Posted Apr 25, 2021
    BSoD likes this.
  13. I think that my favorite moment in Mineplex has to be one hundred percent the Clans e-prom. It was so fun and everybody just had a great time LOL

Posted Apr 25, 2021
    BSoD likes this.
  14. Hiya

For me my favourite moment on Mineplex ever is when I was promoted to Recruiter on January 18th 2020.

I had worked so incredibly hard on RA over the 5 months I was on the team, and I loved being a member of the team so much that I was hoping for a promotion. FireStar891 had just resigned from the Recruitment team after like 5 years on the team, meaning a spot had opened up. I wasn't really expecting to get it though because not too many applicants were coming in at the time. I remember speaking to Islen about it while we were building our Skywars map (he was the RA lead at this time, not the Admin) and he was lowkey dropping hints for like 4 days about a possible promotion for me but I wasn't sure. Anyway, on the morning of January 18th I was in a call with my best friend @_hazza and I basically told him that if I didn't get Recruiter by the time RA Apps opened I was going to resign because I was quite stressed. Everyone had been asking me "Recruiter when??" and I still wasn't sure if I was going to get it, so the thought of letting people down by not getting it was stressful for me. Anyway, only 12 hours later there was the Recruitment meeting and... RA Apps opened. I muted my mic and legit cried my eyes out because I wasn't ready to resign. I got a grip and then unmuted and was directing some sort of comment to Islen about what he was building in creative mode and then I heard Dean (the Recruitment Admin at the time) tell me "Islen isn't here" and then I look and see that me and @Epicbuilder435 are in a call with just Dean, away from all of the other Recruiters and RAs. Then I knew what was going on and I started crying again because I was so happy. I had finally achieved my dream. I messaged everyone that I loved them and then started some of the happiest 5 months of my life.

Nobody loved Recruitment more than I did

uwu

Posted Apr 28, 2021,
    Last edited Apr 28, 2021
    WowCaleb and _hazza like this.
  15. Congratulations on Recruiter! I do see you are now an ex-recruiter but that's amazing for you to get it. I am aiming for Recruiter too! I'm glad you strived to achieve your goals! I hope I reach my goal, unfortunately I have failed a fair few times.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 29, 2021
  16. I won my legend rank in a giveaway that was a pretty good feeling

Posted Apr 30, 2021
    Jet Starglaze and siee like this.
  17. Truthfully, there is no moment that can fully take first place. However, some of the top moments include receiving the Trainee and then Mod ranks in game, playing in EVENT-1, Clans reset parties, and playing with friends. All of these moments have made my Mineplex experience phenomenal!

Posted Apr 30, 2021
    BSoD likes this.
  18. My favorite moment in mineplex that's when I was given free gbox in survival. :willy:Although, it happens almost every day.

Posted May 7, 2021
    BSoD likes this.
  19. Hello! I'd say that my favorite moment was when I had queued the same cheater in gladiators 6 times in a row, and I beat him every time. That was a really funny moment and he ended up getting banned, which was nice as well. I definitely do have some other moments from when I was just starting out on the server in around 2015, (I was playing on my sister's account lol) and I had been playing paintball. Someone was being really weird in the chat and then they were muted!! I thought that was super funny at the time, but it is kind of strange at the same time as to why the person was acting so strange.

Posted May 16, 2021
    BSoD likes this.
  20. Also excuse my bad english, sorry.

Posted May 16, 2021
    BSoD likes this.