• 273 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1471 Players Online
  • 1198 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Favourite Instrument

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by _Prof_, May 6, 2019.

Tags:
?

What about you?

1. Trumpet

11.5%
  2. Flute

7.7%
  3. Guitar

23.1%
  4. Clarinet

7.7%
  5. Violin

26.9%
  6. Piano

19.2%
  7. Trombone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Percussion

3.8%
  9. Xylophone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Saxophone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hey,

My favourite instrument would be the piano; I had taken piano lessons for over 6 years and it has always been an instrument I very much enjoyed to play. When I was younger, I remember playing the piano almost everyday and attending recitals every once in a while. I have always loved the sound of the piano as I find it very calming and beautiful. I don't play the piano as much anymore, but every now and then I like to go through some of my old piano books and relearn how to play some of my favourite songs.

Posted May 14, 2019
  2. I'm the most non-musical person out there. I have never officially played my instrument, but I used my brother's saxophone for a few seconds, and then that was it. We were required to play violin in 2nd and 3rd grade, and I excelled at it and thoroughly hated it. I was so excited when I made it to middle school, where we weren't forced to sing and play instruments. I have one question for all of those that play an instrument: is mayonnaise an instrument? (Come on, someone had to say it).

Posted May 14, 2019
    cerns likes this.
  3. Lol this made me laugh. In my school's band room, there is a drawing is whiteboard marker of the exact image of Patrick holding a trumpet asking if mayonnaise is an instrument. It's been there since last year and probably impossible to erase now.

Posted May 14, 2019
  4. That is not hard to do xD

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 15, 2019
  5. I voted violin because you didn't put my instrument up there. In reality, I enjoy playing the cello, simply because the violin notes are too high and screechy for my ears. The low, somber notes of the cello are much better to relax and listen to.

Posted May 15, 2019
  6. In my school band room, I drew a carved banana for Halloween. Someone erased it the next day :depression:

Posted May 15, 2019
    cerns likes this.
  7. Lol I learned how to play three new instruments today! Oboe saxophone and piccolo

Posted May 15, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ likes this.
  8. I wish I knew how to play one of those, jeez.

Posted May 16, 2019
  9. Hiya,

I am not really a musical type of person, but if I had to choose it would either be the Piano or the Ukulele, the Piano offers a wide range of different sounds and effects that can be used to create beautiful music for a variety of different scenarios, while the Ukulele is a more relaxed instrument in a sense offering a relaxing, sweet tone to offer! I also have some experience with the Ukulele :)

Posted May 16, 2019
  10. Heyo!

The first instrument that I learned and I think most elementary kids will learn this instrument, the recorder LOL. It was a rather easy but hard instrument to learn, so I went to learn the piano. Piano was fun, although I lost the patience and determination to practice it, so I dropped that. With middle school, for 3 years I had learned to play the trombone, which my teacher always said that I was very talented with, which was a good thing and a bad thing. My teacher was always amazed that I could hit many notes, just not the right one, but that was just in the early stages of learning the trombone. The trombone will always be a favourite of mine haha.

Posted May 16, 2019
  11. My dad loves to introduce me to new and old music, but it was with Fats Domino that my love for rock n roll from the 50’s really jumped.

Old songs like “Ain’t that a Shame (Domino),” “I’m in Love Again,” “The Fat Man” “Something’s Wrong” “My Blue Heaven” “Blue Monday” “Blueberry Hill” “I’m Walkin” “Walking to New Orleans” and an abundance of others including his Austin Texas concert.

Other’s are by Big Joe Turner “Flip, Flop and Fly” “Well all Right” “(forgot the exact name but around the lines of Coralina Coralina)” and the infamous “Shake, Rattle and Roll.”

Anyways, ‘twas blues and a STURDY ROCK (lol) that got me interested in the brass family and Sax. I had an old trumbone (bad mouth piece, no noise) in my closet that I dusted out but never learned. Now my interest sparks in the Trumpet, and boy do I wanna learn!

Posted May 16, 2019
  12. So which one do you think was the easiest and which was the hardest?

Posted May 16, 2019
  13. Oboe was definitely the hardest. It required a lot more air than clarinet (which is my main instrument). The saxophone was the easiest because it required less air and fingerings were similar. Piccolo was in the middle but on the easier side – wouldn't be too hard to get to learn.

Posted May 16, 2019
    RealDiamondKitty08 likes this.
  14. I remember when I first started oboe- I could barely get a sound out through the reed! But it's a really fun instrument and it sounds real good if you can do it right.

Posted May 16, 2019
    cerns likes this.