• 661 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7180 Players Online
  • 6519 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Survey Favorite mincraft update

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Krystal The Fox, Apr 16, 2021.

1. What is your favoirte minecraft update?

My favorite update is the nether update because it make the nether more useful since there are warped forests and crimson forests which make getting more resources easier. also. You can get ancient debris to get netherite for making netherite gear. Also, getting gold is so much easier since its extremely common in the nether.

Posted Apr 16, 2021
    Kindnessaj and Gil-galad like this.
  2. The aquatic update because it just made the ocean not barren. I also had a blast using different enchants on tridents, especially riptide.

Posted Apr 16, 2021
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  3. 1.8.9 release

Posted Apr 16, 2021
  4. I agree, though 1.8.9 also gives me the most nostalgia(and it's the least buggy on Mineplex). It's just so classic compared to any of the more recent updates and honestly, on top of that, it has a nicer PVP system in my opinion that isn't as messy. This doesn't really mean I don't like all the other updates though, because I really enjoyed the nether updates, the introduction of the elytra, the aquatic update, etc. etc. Honestly they're all just extremely unique but in my opinion I just like good ol' 1.8

Posted Apr 16, 2021
  5. 1.13, I loved the aquatic update, the sea creatures and new features was awesome. From fish to coral to sea pickles it was just iconic

Posted Apr 16, 2021,
    Last edited Apr 17, 2021
    Gil-galad likes this.
  6. Hi Krystal!

I'm going to have to agree with others before me who said the aquatic update was the best (1.13). Without fish, coral, ships, etc in the waters, the worlds were just so plain honestly. I love the fish and how you can make aquariums and keep them as pets. The coral blocks also are honestly really good decorative blocks, haha. I also think the recent nether update is also a good one. Before, the nether was so boring, now it's full of life. Thanks for sharing!

Posted Apr 16, 2021
  7. I don't really play solo Minecraft much anymore, but I love all the new animals they've introduced since I've started playing. Especially the llamas and pandas. Oh and foxes. I do agree that the ocean update was also beautiful!

Posted Apr 16, 2021
  8. 1.14 is the village and pillage update

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 17, 2021
  9. I've been playing a lot of Survival MC recently, and out of all the changes, I think the most beneficial and enjoyable update that brought a lot of good features/changes was the 1.14 Village & Pillage update. The drastic changes that villagers have received now make them really useful for survival worlds and progressing through them at a quicker speed. I agree that the 1.16 nether update was also an awesome update that brought some amazing changes to the very outdated nether!

Posted Apr 17, 2021
  10. Hey!

I'm gonna be a really old school player here with my answer. I only play singleplayer Minecraft on my Xbox with my friend or my cousins, and they always have to teach me about all the new features. I don't really keep up to date with them anymore like I used to. For updates back in the day, I used to constantly have the release date for the next update sitting in the back of my mind along with everything that was going to be added. I'm so nostalgic for the "old Minecraft" if you will, and while there's lots of cool additions in the latest/upcoming updates, nothing beats the original implementation of some of the things we've had for eight or nine years now.

For anyone who's been playing Minecraft for a long time, let me bring you back to the adventure update. No, not the 1.8 Minecraft which introduced slime blocks and diorite, but the beta 1.8 that brought endermen, villages, ravines, the hunger bar, and creative mode. The older versions were so depressing in comparison. You couldn't sprint. The old textures of blocks were ugly. You had to eat to regain health, not hunger. You only really had forest and snow biomes; mountains and oceans were old generated structures. Imagine having that, then you suddenly get the ability to run across the land, exploring huge oceans, plains, big deserts, and extreme hills. You can find villages, strongholds, mineshafts, ravines - mineshafts IN ravines. And you have this new mode where the sky is the limit. Quite literally, as you can fly around and build a skyscraper just because you feel like it. Creative felt like so much freedom and an escape from being trapped in Survival where all your actions have consequences.

This update was released for PC in Autumn 2011, and I'm 16 so you're most likely wondering how I even got to experience the change. Well, I started out playing on Xbox, and this update arrived a year later on Xbox around Autumn of 2012. It was called TU5 but it was equivalent to beta 1.8 on PC. I had started playing Minecraft a few months prior, when I was 7, so I was there for when it arrived on Xbox. Prior to this I was in the same position as PC players pre autumn 2012.

I miss the good old days, but who knows, perhaps I'll start to take more of an interest in what's going on lately rather than reminiscing on the past all the time. I'll need to start playing singleplayer more on my own to do that though, not sure if that will happen. Either way, I'm pretty curious now as to who I brought on a trip down memory lane there. Thanks for asking this question!

Posted Apr 17, 2021
  11. I can't type lmao, yes 1.13 I meant

Posted Apr 17, 2021
  12. 1.13 changed so much and is my fav also

Posted Apr 17, 2021
  13. the cave one

Posted Apr 17, 2021
  14. It's kind of weird, but it's still - indev

Posted May 7, 2021
  15. I definitely think the Nether Update was one of the best updates Mojang has ever given us Minecraft players. First off, the new blocks that were added are very cool, everything from Crying Obsidian to the new Crimson Logs. Also, I really like the addition of Bastions, as it adds a new structure to the Nether, making it more fun to explore. Furthermore, the new biomes are also fantastic, especially the Basalt Deltas and Crimson Forest biomes. The new trading system also adds a lot to the game. Lastly, the addition of Ancient Debris and Netherite is incredible. Truthfully, I think it was long overdue that Mojang added a new set of armor, weapons, and tools. I also like how it is better than diamond, has different and more detailed textures and shapes (the helmet especially), and is harder to get.

Posted May 13, 2021
    Gil-galad likes this.