• 1378 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4288 Players Online
  • 2910 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Farthest You Have Been From Home

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by _Prof_ (AWAY UNTIL 8/05), Jun 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. I live in Mn and went to Pennsylvania soon going to Bahamas and Florida in novmber.

Posted Jun 14, 2019
  2. I've moved a lot so this is hard to judge.
    Two times that were about the same distance:
    When I lived in Texas, USA and went on vacation to London, England
    When I lived in London, England and went on vocation to Texas, USA.
    Yeah... it's odd.

Posted Jun 14, 2019
  3. it's funny how I've actually been at the opposite of the world. I currently live in the United States, and I actually went to eastern Russia! Not very fun there, couldn't communicate well, but I did!

Posted Jun 14, 2019
  4. I live in Florida (The U.S), and the farthest I have personally been is Russia. It was a very special trip. I stayed in Russia for a little over two weeks. It was really cool, and I went to Moscow and St. Petersburg.

Posted Jun 14, 2019
  5. Girdwood, Alaska has been the farthest I have been from home. It also was probably my most favorite trip I have been on I live in Missouri. I take a lot of trips and that one by far was the most beautiful. I have never been out of the states though.

Posted Jun 14, 2019
  6. Amputate your leg? :(::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: F in chat bois :(::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Posted Jun 18, 2019
  7. I have lived in good ol' Georgia, USA for as long as I can remember. For the summer of 2017 my family went halfway around the world all the way to my mom's home country, Kenya, that was a pretty fun experience. For the exact city farthest from my home, I'd probably have to say Mombasa, Kenya(it's a pretty nice city, probably like the Orlando, Florida of Kenya with wonderful beaches and resorts). Also, 2017 was an election year in Kenya and I am a very politically based person(I hope to be a politician one day, wish me luck) so getting to follow the elections on the news was pretty fun. I made a lot of friends there and we got to visits a lot of cool places. I even got to visit my grandmother's farm which had a puppy that I got to name. I named Rex, lol. Unfortunately, before we came, some robbers tried to cut off his leg so he was not in the best mood when we got there. He became friendly with me before we had to leave the farm.We stayed at my grandparent's house in Nairobi for 2 and a half months at it was really fun, and life wasn't really different from American life except things seem to be cheaper. I think I saw at a mall once a new iPhone 8 for sell at 1100 KSH which is around 110 USD. Most people spoke English, there was fast food places, and we had access to the internet. Kenya is around 17 hours away from Atlanta by plane

Posted Jun 18, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 23, 2019
  8. I live on the mid-Eastern coast, and the farthest I have probably been is Florida. I had gone into Canada, which is an entirely new country to visit, but it isn't that far from where I live; given it is only about 6 and a half hours away. On the other hand, Florida is almost 20 hours away from where I live, making it the farthest place I've ever visited. I have grandparents and other family down there, so I go to Florida ever few years to visit. Usually they come up to us, but when we're feeling extra special and we have the time/money to go, we take the chance. I sadly have actually never left the continent, and am sort of disappointed about it, but I'm still fairly young. I was suppose to go to Portugal this summer to visit my grandpa, but that trip didn't exactly work out; we're planning to go next year. It was exciting to see all the interesting places everyone else has visited across the years and how far it was from where they live.

Posted Jun 18, 2019
  9. I am not sure which is further away, since for me they were travel in the opposite direction in the united Stares to fly to. I had to travel west start at that time was when I was in Georgia (Macon area) was to travel to Korea, Seoul, and Osan AB, I also went to the DMZ when there. Traveling east from Nebraska (east side) I went to Russia, there I was in Moscow, St.Petersburg, Arkhangelsk and Ekaterinburg, Russia. It was humbling, to me they work so hard, makes me feel over-privileged ... but the beauty of both countries, from the people to the architect and history is amazing.

Posted Jun 18, 2019
  10. So I currently live in Florida, and I'll be honest, we don't really leave our state too much, but after a number of years (don't know exactly how many or if it's even constant) we go on a cruise with the entire family, and the only location I can remember from our last cruise that I believe is the farthest I've been from Florida, would be somewhere on the coast of Mexico.

Not sure why that's the one place I remember visiting, but hey, it was fun.

Posted Jun 19, 2019
  11. I live in Wisconsin and until 2018 only been to 2 other states (Minnesota and Michigan). In August 2018 I went to New Mexico to visit my aunt and in November 2018 I went to Disneyland with my best friend and her family. :)

Posted Jun 19, 2019
  12. Hey there!
    If you can't already tell from my username, I really enjoy travelling. I've always been travelling ever since I was young and I do enjoy travelling to places far away from home, especially if I've never been there before. I live in the Middle East which is pretty far from common attractions. So the furthest I've been so far has been the United States. It's a 14 hour flight but I fell in love with the country as soon as I had reached there. I love the people, the weather, the archiecture, just everything really. I can't wait to go back there soon and explore the country again.

Posted Jun 19, 2019
  13. I’m from Toronto, the farthest I been is NYC XD

Posted Jun 19, 2019
    Steven190 likes this.
  14. I am guessing you live in either New Jersey, Virginia, Maryland, New York, Connecticut, Delaware, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, or Maine?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 21, 2019
    Doctar likes this.
  15. I was in Los Angeles and it's almost like on other side of the world looking from Bialystok (East Poland)

Posted Jun 21, 2019
  16. I live beautiful Wisconsin, USA i have traveled to 16 states and 1 foreign Country twice. I have been to Iowa, South Dakota, Montana, Nebraska(home state), Missouri, Michigan, Tenesse, Arkansas, Mississippi, Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Kansas, Wyoming, Minnesota, Wisconsin. And Mexico twice furtherest from home would have to be Juarez, Mexico.
    --- Post updated ---
    30hour drive to Juarez

Posted Jun 21, 2019
  17. The furthest place I've been from home is New Mexico. I currently live in central Texas, and it was a 7 hours drive to my destination. I love travelling and wish I could do it more, but sadly I haven't been able to. My dream destinations to visit are California, New York, and Florida.
    I want to explore the different cultures of the East and West coasts, because sometimes the old yeehaw South gets stale. Don't get my wrong, I love my home state but I'm just an adventurous person!

Posted Jun 22, 2019
  18. I've never really been out of the United States of America, so the farthest I've been from home was probably my last trip which was to Virginia (I live in Colorado, so that was near 1,667 miles away). I don't know why, but I really want to visit Canada and Mexico sometime, so that's where I want to go next.

Posted Jun 23, 2019
  19. I went to Beijing China for about a week with my grandma while I live in Arizona in the USA to visit some of my cousins, it was fun and I was surprised you could slide down the Great Wall of China.

Posted Jun 23, 2019
  20. I live in Ohio and went to Florida. My travel life is pretty sad, i've never been out of the United States.

Posted Jun 23, 2019