• 2112 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6366 Players Online
  • 4254 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Farthest You Have Been From Home

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by _Prof_, Jun 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. What is the most distant place (city, country) you have been from your house?

For me, it is Bangkok, Thailand and I currently live in Ottawa, Ontario (Canadian province). I have been there 2 times in my life and it was both for spending time with my cousins and grandparents. I am going there again this summer so I better brush up on the language.

Posted Jun 9, 2019
  2. Heyooo!

Fun thread! So I live in Minnesota, USA and the farthest country I've been to from my home is Aruba. I have been to over 15 country's and this is the farthest one I visited. I did some research LOL. Anyway, I usually go to like 4-5 countries on the cruises I go on. We go on Caribbean cruises so we visit lots of countries!

~Cheers!
    -SpikeCreates

Posted Jun 9, 2019
  3. I live in Southern California and I was in Rome once.

Posted Jun 9, 2019
  4. I live in Illinois and the farthest away I've been from home would have to be in Colorado when I was visiting my uncle. It was about a fifteen hour drive, so it was a rough trip for me. Of course, this was when I was very young so I don't remember it that clearly compared to other times when I was far from home, like in Florida.

Posted Jun 9, 2019
  5. Hii!

I live in California and the farthest away I've been from home is Surabaya, Indonesia. I was there visiting some relatives. I think its pretty cool to see where other people have gone! :)

Posted Jun 10, 2019 at 12:05 AM
    _Prof_ likes this.
  6. The furthest I have traveled is when I went to visit DooDooBug25 in Delaware (Cali to there). It was a bit scary at the time since it was my first time flying alone and being out there for two weeks with his family, but it was fun! I really want to go back to Okinawa, Japan since I used to live there when I was younger, but I am broke so I can't travel anytime soon xd

Posted Jun 10, 2019 at 12:32 AM
  7. I live in Kentucky and the furthest I've been is to China(Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai). Actually just there in March. 20 hour plan rides and no sleep :D.

Posted Jun 10, 2019 at 1:31 AM
    _Prof_ likes this.
  8. I haven't been to many places in my life but the farthest I've been from my home in Michigan is to Puerto Rico to visit some relatives there. It's a very beautiful place.

Posted Jun 10, 2019 at 4:35 AM
  9. I live in England, and the furthest I have flown is to Florida!

Posted Jun 10, 2019 at 4:45 AM
  10. The furthest I went is to Halifax(4hr drive) like 50 times for operations and to amputate my leg.
    So I didn’t go far xD

Posted Jun 10, 2019 at 11:28 AM
  11. That sounds quite serious, why did your leg need to be cut off? Also, which Canadian city do you live in if you do not mind me asking?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 10, 2019 at 11:45 AM
  12. Moncton NB
    Since I was born my leg was just skin and bone and bending from a bone disease . I broke it so many times just putting weight on it.
    At 16 it was have surgery’s for ever and be in pain or amputate and get a Prosthetic

Posted Jun 10, 2019 at 11:56 AM
  13. Hi!
    The farthest I’ve been from my house is Aruba, near Venezuela in South America! It’s a beautiful tropical island!

Posted Jun 11, 2019 at 8:44 AM
  14. Im from Louisiana. Probably either when I moved to Indiana or went to Mexico! I don't travel places out of North America really. I went to Colorado but I don't feel like checking distances right now so ill check later. Ok it was Colorado.

Posted Jun 11, 2019 at 8:50 AM
  15. I live in Florida and the fastest I've ever been from home is Brazil. My mother really respects and remembers her country's culture, and so I went there when I was about 3 or 4. Other than that, I went to Puerto Rico, Saint Thomas, Saint Martin, and New York to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory from Broadway!

Posted Jun 11, 2019 at 9:09 AM
  16. I currently live in the State of Texas and drove not flew, drove in a mini-van to Niagara Falls in Canada.

Posted Jun 11, 2019 at 10:17 AM
    _Prof_ likes this.
  17. Hey!

The farthest I've ever been from my home (USA) is when I took a trip to Australia! It was sooo fun and very pretty, for sure one of my favorite trips!

Posted Jun 11, 2019 at 12:21 PM
  18. (Switzerland) Either Australia, China, or Alaska in the US. Not too far from home is Iceland, but it did feel totally different and I loved it there.

Posted Jun 11, 2019 at 1:38 PM
  19. Dang, you are unfortunate. I wish you the best of luck in recovering from this life-long physical disability!

Where do you live currently though?

Pardon my bad geography but is it Saint Thomas that is the farthest from Florida?

That would be Australia.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 14, 2019 at 4:42 PM
    FredModulars and xOeuf like this.
  20. Florida is actually inexplicably close to Saint Thomas (in comparison to Brazil). I actually traveled to Saint Thomas (in which I absolutely fell in love with it) on a cruise my mom "won" (I forgot if she exactly won it) at work with our entire family before the hurricane disaster. The cruise also went to the previously mentioned Saint Martin (which my entire family disagreed with me and liked Saint Martin better) and Puerto Rico.

https://imgur.com/a/J9lJtkh

At the very top is Florida. West of Mexico is the Caribbean, the area of where the cruise went. The giant country down in South America (basically the bottom of the image) is Brazil. Brazil is 3,506 miles from Florida, New York is 1,145 miles and the 3 islands I mentioned earlier are all around 1,150-1,400 miles (with Saint Thomas in between).

No need to pardon for your geography!

Posted Jun 14, 2019 at 4:56 PM
    _Prof_ likes this.