• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11410 Players Online
  • 8520 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned extra time

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by lynild6, Aug 7, 2020.

1. can you pls add a minut or 2 to build battle because ive seen a lot never gets to finish ther build beacause they dont have time left

Posted Aug 7, 2020
  2. Hey!

I would like there to be more time in Master Builders. Normally when I play (which I rarely do), I'm not able to perfect my build or create the build related to the topic to the best of my abilities because of the time. If there were 1-3 minutes added, I don't mind how many minutes added though at least over one, then a lot of the players like me would be able to finish the build. Now if you say like "Oh well just place blocks faster" or something, you got to keep in mind of all of the other players playing. Somebody might not have a good mouse or they might a slow computer which are possible factors that come in place when attempting to finish the build. Anyways, I agree with this, thanks for the suggestion!

Also be sure to post ideas such as these in the Idea Discussion area on the forums, since these are ideas that could improve the server :)

Posted Aug 7, 2020
    ✨Aƚʅαɳɳαƈ✨ likes this.
  3. Master Builders is called Master Builders for a reason. The game was made to test players’ building skills, and how fast they can whip up the required build, and how qualified it is. I’m personally against this, since I enjoy the challenging and quick-paced aspects of the game. It makes the game more entertaining, and puts your mind to work. It also puts your time to use.

Posted Aug 7, 2020
    IHackedJake likes this.
  4. I personally think there is a solution. I think there could be two versions of master builders. One version would be the same as we have it today, and then the other version could have more time (2-3 more minutes) and focus on more complex themes. In order to avoid splitting the player base, everybody would have the option to vote on what version they would like while voting for maps. The second version could be called ‘hardcore’.

Posted Aug 7, 2020
    IHackedJake likes this.
  5. I think the current time players get to build their builds is already enough. The game itself is a test to see who can build the best build in the short time that's provided. If players were given more time then you would be able to spend more effort into your builds, which would just make it harder to fairly vote on who's build is better and who's worse. Players who are "masters" as the game suggests are the ones who will be able to build decent builds in such a short time, and thus be able to beat others.

In the end, games like build battles are never going to be 100% fair, as the voting system has a major impact on who wins and who loses. Someone, who could spend much less time and effort into their build could win because they had more people vote for them even though other players spend way more effort into their builds.

But yeah, I don't see why we should have more time when the game had the time it currently does for a good few years now and it never really was a major issue.

Posted Aug 7, 2020
  6. Hey!

I totally understand where you are coming from. I always have the perfect idea when it comes to the theme that is assigned, but never have enough time to finish it. However, that’s the name of the game. Like everyone above is saying, Master Builders is a game mode that is going to test how quickly and creatively you can build to the theme assigned. I could *possibly* see another minute being added, but it’s not very likely.

Thank you for your suggestion though!

Posted Aug 7, 2020
  7. Hi there =)! Thank you for your idea, and I hope you are doing well. For now, we don't plan on giving more time to players during the building period inside Master Builders.
    • The difficulty of the game is formulating a plan and building something that can be completed in the time given. Building something too big, and thus, running out of time before you can finish it is a key skill aspect to the game.
    • More time shouldn't be added simply because builds are left unfinished. The reason people don't finish on time is because they think of something that will take slightly longer than the given amount of time. Should the timer be increased, we'd still have people who create a plan to build something that is slightly too big for the new, longer timer.
    • 5 Minutes keeps people on their toes, while they constantly try to add detail to perfect their build. Adding additional time would make the game less intense.
    Not Planned >> Denied by Game Insights.

Posted Aug 13, 2020
    IHackedJake and Eqsa like this.